PDA

View Full Version : Help Me Get Nfl2k5 Some Eb Games Love

Rooster
06-18-2004, 03:01 PM
What up fellow X Heads,
Okay I need as much help as I can get here, we all know that NFL 2k5 is getting mad, mad love from anyone that plays it. Gamestop, anyone at E3, they all said the same thing, this version is the best we have ever played. Then Sega puts the game at 20 bones, I was floored by that one, hell I did not even believe it until I confirmed the story. So I go to my EBGames and look for some kind of ad, sign anything, but in 4 different ones I found nothing, I was amazed.

I pulled one of the guys aside and asked him what he knew about ESPN and he said not much, just about Madden. He even said he was impressed with 2k4 and did not follow up on it, so I ask him to look up the price, he was shocked!! I told him that is not a misprint and to please put a sign or something up at least to let people know about this steal for a killer game.

My humble request is that as many people as possible go to EBGames, Babbages, Gamestop, etc and play it cool, pretend you don't know anything and then floor them with the info. ESPN will never outsell Madden, we all know that but for 20 bucks they should be able to come damn close to it. Especially when you consider the improvements in the game presentation, gameplay, and of course graphics. Help me out guys and lets spread the word for 2k5.

l Maximus l
06-18-2004, 03:37 PM
I used to be a hardcore Madden fan...but, ESPN is far more superior... I only purchase Football games every two years...there's a much better improvement in that time frame versus only one year.

WoOtY BaLLa
06-18-2004, 04:24 PM
ok so r most people gonna be buying NCAA next month then ESPN in september?

o and i was wondering why everyone hates madden so much and what makes ESPN so much better???

Casper
06-18-2004, 04:29 PM
ok so r most people gonna be buying NCAA next month then ESPN in september?

o and i was wondering why everyone hates madden so much and what makes ESPN so much better???
I'm getting NCAA as well as ESPN NFL 2k5 - 2 totally different games, but the best in the sports market, so they will be in my Xbox.

Rooster
06-18-2004, 04:36 PM
Well I do not think anyone really hates Madden, how could you really? It is always a good game, I think the resentment is that it is the only game that anyone thinks of first. As for NCAA, that game is so good it will sell every time.

As for what makes ESPN superior there are a few things, well more than a few now.

1. Player Models
2. Presentation
3. Menu layout
4. Replay vlaue, Crib, etc
5. D Adjustments/Houte routes are easier to do
6. Controls are generally easier
7. Not many money plays, you have to think in this game more than in MAdden.

Like I said, people do not hate Madden, but it gets all the attention and is always called the "Best" when there is at least one more game that is equal or better. Madden always gets all the ads and the stores don't give ESPN anywhere near that press. THE GAME IS AT 20 DOLLARS AND I HAD TO TELL THE GUYS AT EBGAMES THAT!!! So either way you are going to be in great shape, but ESPN is looking amazing so far.

Slowride
06-18-2004, 04:37 PM
I'm also getting NCAA 2005 and ESPN 2k5....can't wait :)

WoOtY BaLLa
06-18-2004, 04:39 PM
ok well ya and do u guys know if the online is gonna be the same for both? becuz rite now thats one of the main things i am going to probably be into with these pigskin games..

Sheeyt
06-18-2004, 05:07 PM
I'm so torn.... I used to play Madden all the time. Then I protested because of the no Live support but now... it's here and I've gotten used to ESPN... What shall I do?

Variation-XBA
06-18-2004, 06:21 PM
no thanks I'll pass on sports games :P

GRAVEDIGGER
06-18-2004, 06:29 PM
I'm so torn.... I used to play Madden all the time. Then I protested because of the no Live support but now... it's here and I've gotten used to ESPN... What shall I do?

I used to be a hardcore madden fan also, then...i saw the light. Madden promises and never delivers, and i just got tired of all the talk and the hype the surrounds madden every year. Maybe you should get both from a store that allows you to return games and then sort out which game you like best:confused: but either way ESPN 2K5 is a steal!

CrazyCougar
06-18-2004, 06:49 PM
NCAA and Madden go hand in hand for uploading your senior classes to the NFL. But I'll be getting ESPN as well. Who can resist the $20 price tag!!!! Plus we have yet to know IF EA will charge anything for their games to be played online.....

Anthony4sho
06-18-2004, 07:23 PM
NCAA and Madden go hand in hand for uploading your senior classes to the NFL.

Hmmm, you gotta point. Looks like I'll have to pick up madden 2.