PDA

View Full Version : Help, I made a mistake

FpS_PhReeK
01-20-2002, 12:28 AM
Hi all,

Long time since my last post,,, but I have been reading the forums every once and a while. Van has really moved up, and Max' just keeps posting,,, Max' you are a posting machine buddy.

Anyhooooooo, I made a mistake,,,,,, I bought Dead or Alive 3, don't ge tme wrong the game looks sweet, but I am able to get through most of the story levels by just mashing buttons.... and I just do not like these Teken like fighting games..... I have no idea why I bought it, I was just frusterated becasue there are no good titles to buy right now........ anyway I need some help deciding what to get as a replacement...... I know it comes down to my tastes as a gamer se let me tell you what I do like then you can make suggestions.

Games I have and love:

Tony Hawk Pro Skater 2X - I played the heck out of this and I keep playing it.... I never played any of the previous TH series so this was all new to me,, it is cool.

Project Gotham Racing - I hated it at first because there was no traffic, but now I love this game, this one I will own for sometime to come.

HALO - I loved, I felt it was too short, I beat it in just over 20 hours on medium setting,,,, I will hang on to this until I find out how they are going to deal with the 1.5 issue.

Games I am interested in:

AMPED- I fear that TH2X has provided me with al the board related gaming I need.

NFL Fever/NFL 2K2/Madden Which one is best? What a headache

OBIWAN - Graphics are not great, is the game good though?

Max Payne- Everyone says it is cool, but it is short, any replay
value?

Wreckless: Yakuza Missions - Due in stores 2/6 but EB only gives 14 days on returns for store credit, that is 18 days later... do you think that they will be flexible?

Is there any suggestions or additional recommendations that anyone can provide, I really feel ****ed off about this, I usually rent games before I buy them, this was a total blunder.

Thanks all,

PhReeK out!

XBA Staff
01-20-2002, 12:30 AM
Well what genre are you most likely interested in?

FpS_PhReeK
01-20-2002, 12:43 AM
Not really any genre that I stick to, I am all over the place,,,, of course my user name tells all that I am a First Person SHooter PhreeK but Unreal, Medal of Honor, and Ghost Recon are a ways off.

The guy at EB said I get the comensurate store credit, basically I get to swap games.... so I need to choose one that is on the shelves with in the next 14 days... so I guess "Genma Onimusha" will be out as well as "NightCaster" and "ESPN NFL Prime Time 2002" if the EB release calendar is correct.

Basically I am looking for replay value, I need a game that I can play over and over all by my lonesome.... I have no friends... so..... It is really kind of sad, my counselor says *sniffle* I should talk about it, but but but but I am just not ready...... *crying*

Okay,, ,back to reality....

Games I am interested in:

AMPED- I fear that TH2X has provided me with al the board related gaming I need.

NFL Fever/NFL 2K2/Madden Which one is best? What a headache

OBIWAN - Graphics are not great, is the game good though?

Max Payne- Everyone says it is cool, but it is short, any replay
value?

Wreckless: Yakuza Missions - Due in stores 2/6 but EB only gives 14 days on returns for store credit, that is 18 days later... do you think that they will be flexible?

PhReeK out!

XBA Staff
01-20-2002, 12:48 AM
Well you say that you are interested in Amped, and I played Amped...but I also played SSX Tricky and I say Tricky is a better game.

Tricky has 2 modes: Showoff and Race. In showoff you go through courses trying to pull off tricks to get points. In race you just race against the CPU.

I'll say get SSX Tricky.

Heyyoudvd
01-20-2002, 01:27 AM
Now, for my 2 cents:

I heard that Obiwan was terrible.

Also, I've beaten Max Payne on PC (it's nearly identical to the Xbox version), and while it's an amazing game, I beat it in under 10 hours, and once it's done, it's done.

I have no desire to play it on the harder difficulties. It was a great, game, but after downloading it from Morpheus, I played it about 3 hours a day for 3 days, and never played it again.

Try renting the game for 3 or 4 days. That'll be the best $4 you've ever spent (assuming rentals are $4)
You should be able to beat the game in that time period, and that's that.

Snoopy7548
01-20-2002, 08:24 AM
get amped, it takes a long time to beat and its very fun. it is alot more realistic than tricky. if you want a more racing game, get tricky, if you want freestyle and realistic, get amped

Vteck3000
01-20-2002, 11:54 AM
You should go with AMPED. That game is incredible and you can also play your on music on the game. I didn't really enjoy Tricky cause it was too dull for me. The thing that really truned me off from the game was seeing that the crowd on the stands ( and the stands themselves ) where flat as a board ............ i didn't really enjoy seeing bad graphixs like that on my XBOX !!!!!! :D

FpS_PhReeK
01-20-2002, 02:38 PM
I still do not know what I am going to do.... I am going back to the mall tomorrow and I will have to decide by then.....

Has anyone played the "F1" game out by EA? I was thinking about that..... but,,,, I am also trying to decide between Amped and Tricky...... I being pushed to make a decision so quickly.... I really appreciate all you guys and gal's responding, thanks for your advice and time.

PhReeK out!

Xboxmaster2001
01-20-2002, 03:07 PM
yes i have F1 actually it's a great game lots of modes and graphics are good and contol is realistic also and for your battle between amped and tricky get amped you can put your own music in there also i dont think you can in tciy and tricky you can beat in one day at least i did. another good game is Silent hill 2 or if your not into that kind of game take a look at bloodwake thats a fun game as well.:)

FpS_PhReeK
01-20-2002, 04:08 PM
I was just curious, you had recommended Silent Hill 2.... how long is that game? Is it going to take up a fair bit of time..... I am just afraid that I will beat it quickly and then there will be no replay value.... I have the same concern with respect to Max Payne.

Thanks again for the input, I really do appreciate it.

PhReeK out!

Plewis
01-20-2002, 08:30 PM
if you want a long game get azurik, or wait for morrowind. And with the Tricky, and Amped thing. I would get AMPED! I love that game! But it's all about personal prefrence

gtaplayer
01-20-2002, 08:57 PM
hey ive seen u playin counterstrike...u suck, im virgo number 2 in ()[_ top 50...hahah, oh yea xbox...almost forgot....i would say get amped cuz its an xbox exlsuves and tricky has a low @ss framerate on the xbox, its meant for ps2...expect for that run dmc song is cool but u can always d/l that and play it on amped...so if u wondering i bought max payne and i havent beat it cuz i started playing on hard mode...and i got it xmas...thats 1 of the smartest things i have done w/ videogames...but u if u wanna chose between game always ask your fellow xboxers or rent the game...but if ur looking for some1 to make a decsion for you, get amped...ull love it then just wait till mohaa comes out like me...till then ill see u in the servers testing out my awp between ur eyes...peace out

addict733
01-20-2002, 09:14 PM
get amped.............obi sux.

FpS_PhReeK
01-22-2002, 05:28 AM
Just in case you are curious, I decided to get Wreckless.... I had te guys at EB put it on a preorder for me. I will pick it up on the 6th of Febuary I hope.

I just have to say that the guys at EB were very cool about letting me return DOA3,,,, they said that they have a 14 day return window,,, and it does not matter if you open the game,,, basically if you do not like the game you can bring it back after you have played it and exchange it for store credit..... This was news to me.... I always thought that once you opened software it was yours forever. At $50 a pop it is cool to see that there are a few companies out there that are flexible.

Peace out,

PhReeK out!

l Maximus l
01-22-2002, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by FpS_PhReeK
Just in case you are curious, I decided to get Wreckless.... I had te guys at EB put it on a preorder for me. I will pick it up on the 6th of Febuary I hope.

I just have to say that the guys at EB were very cool about letting me return DOA3,,,, they said that they have a 14 day return window,,, and it does not matter if you open the game,,, basically if you do not like the game you can bring it back after you have played it and exchange it for store credit..... This was news to me.... I always thought that once you opened software it was yours forever. At $50 a pop it is cool to see that there are a few companies out there that are flexible.

Peace out,

PhReeK out!

Dude, Wreckless looks pretty bad ass! Good choice...but, seriously!!! Don't pass up on Amped! It is a must buy in my book...it's not even worth renting because it's a definate owner! I love this game as much as I love Halo...and I am a HUGE Halo fan :)

Also, get your ass on-line via Gamespy...if you haven't already, then you probably don't know what your are missing! I just did it last weekend and all of my other games are on hold until I get burned out on Halo...it might take a long time :D

darianX
01-22-2002, 01:50 PM
Obi Wan wasn't all that terrible...I did enjoy myself hacking stuff apart with the light saber and throwing stuff with the Force. It does have its problems though. Amped is a great game...I rented it twice before buying it. It took me until the last day of the first rent to "get it", and I love it now. That's one that will take a while to finish for sure. Max Payne is also very good, but short. I'm playing Silent Hill right now, and I have to say it's a great game. I'm about 6 hours into it and loving every second.