PDA

View Full Version : Other Peripheral; Help Please

Brutus
06-18-2004, 04:04 PM
Hey guys. I need some feedback here.
I've never seen it before, but I ran into a shop that was going out of business. There was an Xbox DVD Play back kit but I've never seen the remote before... The remote didn't say Xbox, but it had all the same buttons, same layouts, and the same colors.

When I found the Infrared thingy I was kind of shocked. It most definitely is an XBOX kit, but it's not Microsoft's. I've never seen one even remotely like it, but I got one for 2.50, so... I bought it.

Is it ok to use or might I screw something up. Is it Chinese? Japanese or European because I seriously don't see any other DVD kit's in america except for Microsoft's.

Any Drawbacks for using a third party device like this? I don't want to screw up my Xbox.

I like it though because the infrared reciever is green and see through! It matches the HALO bundle Xbox! As long as it won't break my shiny new console, I'd like to give it a whirl. ANyone heard of it though? Thanks.

SPIRIT OF VENGAR!!
-BRUTUS!

P.S. I even bought one of those small Psones for only five bucks. They were seriously going out of biz, man.

Brutus
06-18-2004, 04:06 PM
Oh yeah. There's no writing or any labels on it at all. Even in the Battery compartment, so don't ask.

TOTTEN
06-18-2004, 04:08 PM
i dont think it will hurt the halo box but if you still got your old box try it on that first

l Maximus l
06-18-2004, 04:15 PM
I strongly doubt it would ruin your XBox. It's not like you have it plugged into the wall and then putting it into the controller port...ya hear?!

Brutus
06-18-2004, 04:36 PM
I strongly doubt it would ruin your XBox. It's not like you have it plugged into the wall and then putting it into the controller port...ya hear?!
Yeah, you're right. I just heard something about it once, you know. Something about how they might screw something up.
The only way I see it screwing anything up now is maybe it'd not be the right Region for DVD's or maybe even I don't know. Nobody's heard ANYTHING about them though, eh?
I have the only one in the world!!HAHAHAHAHA!

Reclaimer
06-18-2004, 11:56 PM
That is strange that there's no logo on it, but, it could be some kind of refurbished unit. I wouldn't worry about it breaking your Xbox. Either the remote's going to work, or it's not. But nothing major is happening to your Xbox from being plugged into by a IR reciever eye. Even if it's the wrong region, I don't see how that would effect the remote, it should work regardless. It's your Xbox that has the region coding. All you have is a remote control and a USB IR receiver. Its like having a universal remote that works on any TV. Both of my RCA universal remotes work on my Xbox as long as the IR module is inserted.

SoundX
06-19-2004, 10:42 AM
I've seen a identicle dvd remote, that's in red and grey, it's by the same people who make them for MS and works just as well.
Might be that.

Brutus
06-21-2004, 08:55 AM
I don't know what it is, but it's working great. Just wish I knew what and the heck it was. Never seen the darned thing before you know!? If you try to search it, POW! Ten Million sites to Microsoft's Remote. There's absolutely no information on this damned thing, man. I wish I could find out who makes it just because it bothers me now!
Just watched a movie last night!