PDA

View Full Version : What is the greatest game of all time?

X-Factor
01-20-2002, 03:12 AM
This is a very, very tough one for me. I'd say it's a toss up bewteen, Super Metroid (SNES), Chrono Trigger (SNES), The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (SNES), Final Fantasy III (SNES), Doom III (SNES), Mortal Kombat 2 (Genesis), Super Mario 64 (N64), Mario Kart 64 (N64), Metal Gear Solid ( PSOne), The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (N64), Soul Calibur (DC), Chrono Cross (PSOne), The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask (N64), Gran Turismo 3: A Spec (PS2), and Halo (Xbox).

It would be way too difficult to choose bewteen these many titles. All these titles have been my favorite game at one point in time. I have many, treasured memories with these games.

What is the greatest game of all time in your opinion?

Snoopy7548
01-20-2002, 08:44 AM
virtual sex and chopper girls for the psx :D :D :D :D

Heyyoudvd
01-20-2002, 04:25 PM
Doom 3 on SNES?

*Edit* - Nm. I just read in another thread that yo mean Doom 2.

Yeah, it's a good game, but IMO it was better on PC

X-Factor
01-20-2002, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by Heyyoudvd
Doom 3 on SNES?

*Edit* - Nm. I just read in another thread that yo mean Doom 2.

Yeah, it's a good game, but IMO it was better on PC
Yeah, I meant Doom II. I don't why I keep putting down Doom III. Maybe I'm just eager for this title to come out.:confused:

BiohazardEHW
01-20-2002, 04:38 PM
Ultima 8

If not that, then Super Fire Pro Wrestling X Premium (SFPWXP) for SNES. The only SNES game still played today by alot of people :)

XBA Staff
01-20-2002, 05:38 PM
The best game of all time is The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past and Golden Eye OO7.

Snoopy7548
01-20-2002, 05:43 PM
the greatest game of all time is pong, that started videogames, where would we be without pong? maybe we wouldnt even have videogames

XBA Staff
01-20-2002, 05:46 PM
the greatest game of all time is pong, that started videogames, where would we be without pong? maybe we wouldnt even have videogames

That doesn't mean that it is the best game of all time. Pong might of started it all...but that dosen't make it the best game.

Just like Formor President George Washington. He may have been the first President but that doesn't mean he was the best president of all time.

Heyyoudvd
01-20-2002, 06:22 PM
my personal favourites games:

Starcraft w/ Brood War (PC)
Zelda OoT (N64)
Goldeneye (N64)
Earthworm Jim (SNES)
Donkey Kong Country (SNES)
TMNT Turtles in Time (SNES)
Maximum Carnage (SNES)
Perfect dark (N64)
Mario 64 (N64)
Conker's Bad Fur Day (N64)

zoopy123
01-20-2002, 06:46 PM
Toejam and Earl was the best co-op game ever. You really had to work as a team to get thru the levels. Anyone know if Toejam and Earl III is heading to Xbox?

Plewis
01-20-2002, 08:48 PM
Ages Of Empires
Chrono Trigger
Zelda: A Link to the Past
Halo
(I'm just borrowed FF7 from my friend, I am about to start it, maybe it will make the list!)

XBA Staff
01-20-2002, 09:51 PM
my personal favourites games:

Starcraft w/ Brood War (PC)
Zelda OoT (N64)
Goldeneye (N64)
Earthworm Jim (SNES)
Donkey Kong Country (SNES)
TMNT Turtles in Time (SNES)
Maximum Carnage (SNES)
Perfect dark (N64)
Mario 64 (N64)
Conker's Bad Fur Day (N64)

By reading that, it seems like you are a Nintendo fan.

Xboxmaster2001
01-20-2002, 09:53 PM
PSO thats the best game of all time!!!:)

Heyyoudvd
01-20-2002, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by Tyrell-XBA

By reading that, it seems like you are a Nintendo fan.

Yeah, SNES is the best console of all time IMO.

I also forgot to include a lot of PC games that I love, such as Unreal Tournament, NHL 2002, Doom 2, Diablo 2, Alien vs Predator etc...

xboxman_1
01-20-2002, 11:18 PM
Ya dude, Starcraft w/ BroodWar is gott be in my top three. That's one of the only times I've ever agrred with you Heyyoudvd.

GokuX
01-20-2002, 11:35 PM
Doom for the SNES?? How'd U come up with that one as the greatest? Much much better on the 32X. But I don't think of Doom as "the best" no matter what it's on. Don't care for Mario games either, Metroid is so so to me. I'm thinking Link to the Past is one of the greatest games.

l Maximus l
01-21-2002, 01:31 PM
Halo...hands down. Great campaign mode and HUGE replay value via multi-player and on-line capability through Gamespy. AMAZING!!!!!!!!!

X-ShaDoW
01-22-2002, 03:10 AM
Yeah Starcraft /w Broodwar's gotta be the greatest RTS game!!

I think Project Ego and Morrowind will be good contenders for greatest game ever.

Chr0nik
01-22-2002, 11:40 AM
CONTRA....... Stop posting these threads, how many times will they repeat themselves.

JohnB
01-22-2002, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by Tk421
There are so many great games it's hard to pick just one. But the one game that will always stick in my mind was FF7. The characters and story were the greatest ever. (to me)

Somewho who thinks like me here.... FF7 was the greatest game I ever played. It just drew all my emotions in. This was the only game that almost made me cry. (when Aerith died of course). It would be nice if Xbox can somehow roll out a game just as good as FF7.
Also my all time favorites were Zelda: Link to the past for SNES, Halo for Xbox, and Mario Kart for SNES, oh and super smash bros. Since I like to dance, I also love playing bust a groove 1 and 2 with my friends. It's pretty **** fun.

Right now I am addicted to Counterstrike as you can see in my sig.

darianX
01-22-2002, 01:42 PM
Seeing that I'm a former PC gamer, my choices are all PC games...

Doom
Half Life (first game that sucked me in with an actual story)
Deus Ex (the first game I could hardly stop playing until I found out what happens at the end)
Red Alert
Age of Empires

Snoopy7548
01-22-2002, 05:01 PM
what happens at the end? im too lazy to beat deus ex

Shadow Fox
01-22-2002, 05:38 PM
Hmm...fav game of all time is too hard of a choice....

There's lots of fav's from all consoles- Super Street Fighter II Turbo (3DO), Contra (NES), Halo (Xbox), Donkey Kong Country (SNES), Moon Patrol (Apple IIe), Final Fantasy IV (Super Famicom), R-Type X (TG-16), Blaster Master (NES), Kasumi Ninja (Jaguar), WarioLand DX (Virtual Boy), Super Smash Bros: Melee (GCN), Sonic 2 (Genesis), MK2 (Arcade), Super Mario 64 (N64), Star Ocean 2 (PSX), Super Mario Bros 3 (NES), Devil May Cry (PS2), King of Fighters 94' (Neo-Geo), Deus Ex (Mac), Half-Life: Counterstrike (PC), Phantasy Star Online (DC), Conker's Bad Fur Day, (N64), Toshinden (PSX), Tekken Tag Tournament (Arcade), and Killer Instinct II (Arcade).

Kinda hard to pick, but as of now I'll say Final Fantasy IV (Super Famicom). No other game has been as compelling to play, while not hampering the fun.

But of course, I may think differently tomorrow and think KI2 or Mario 3 is better...;)

Oh, and to HYDVD and the thread starter, DOOM II was never released for the SNES; only DOOM 1- in a limited-edition red cartridge...

-Official Ninja of GameTavern (and NDose)

BLunted
01-22-2002, 05:49 PM
Mine would have to be Earl Weaver Baseball for the Commodore Amiga. God knows how many all nighters i spent playing that game. Was definitely ahead it's time

Liquid Gears
02-03-2002, 01:04 AM
I've Said It Before And I'll Say It Again. Hands Down!!
Street Fighter Alpha 3 (Arcade Version)!!!!!!!!!

GamingFreak
02-03-2002, 03:19 PM
Halo.

Welrain
02-03-2002, 03:48 PM
My 10,

Secret of Mana (Snes)
Resident Evil: CV (Dreamcast)
Metal Gear Solid (Playstation)
Any Zelda (GB)
Baldurs Gate 2 (PC)
Phantasy Star Online (Dreamcast)
Bubble Bobble (GB)
Jet Set Radio (Dreamcast)
Aliens v Predator 2 (PC)
Quake (PC)

Masta Chief
02-03-2002, 04:52 PM
Hands down Halo is the greastest game by far. Huge replay value, greart AI, and awesome gameplay. This one has its throne on the greatest, but there will be others....

BiohazardEHW
02-03-2002, 05:53 PM
Red Faction (for the PC), Halo (Xbox), Command and Conquer Tiberian Sun (PC), and the greatest game of all time.....

ULTIMA 8!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (for the PC)