PDA

View Full Version : KOTOR or Ninja Gaiden

WoOtY BaLLa
06-19-2004, 11:51 AM
hey i was wondering which of these games is more worth playing..

since lol i own them both but they both seem liek the kind of games that u should commit 2 for a long period of time to beat it and get the most out of it, so my question is which did all of u enjoy more?

(and how long did it take u to beat each of them??

CarGuy
06-19-2004, 12:02 PM
It took me about 35 hours to beat KOTOR the first time through... I enjoyed KOTOR more and this is coming from someone who before playing the game never sat down and watched the original trilogy. I'm still playing Ninja Gaiden and having fun though so you might say I'm getting more for my money. I was done with KOTOR after a couple months and I haven't touched it since.

l Maximus l
06-19-2004, 12:38 PM
Well, they are completely different games. KOTOR is an epic RPG...voted game of the year...while Ninja Gaiden is a 3rd person action game...the highest rated by OXM.

Both are great games...but extremely different. So, just ask yourself what kind of mood you are in...are you in for more of an adventure into deep space or do you want to kick some serious Ninja ass?

hehe....maybe that will help :D

TOTTEN
06-19-2004, 02:47 PM
i never played ninja gaiden but i love kotor it took me 37 hours on my first time to beat it

Variation-XBA
06-19-2004, 03:15 PM
Play ninja on hard if you want a very hard challenge :)

-Natas-
06-19-2004, 03:15 PM
I say go with Ninja Gaiden as it is actually fun and is a newer game. I did not like KotOR much but Ninja is a pretty cool game.

GRAVEDIGGER
06-19-2004, 04:18 PM
I agree, if you want a real challenge, Ninja Gaiden is your game! The game is one of the best released this year, if not the best IMO. I dont know much of KOTOR. But Thats not my cup of tea anyways.

Anthony4sho
06-20-2004, 12:01 AM
It all depends on what you like man. I personally put in 40+ hours into each game and I enjoyed both games equally.

Sigma
06-20-2004, 12:35 AM
You can't go wrong with either. IMO they are both must have games and two of the best games for the console.

If I had to pick one though I would choose KOTOR because im a Star Wars fan and it's just such a good game and you can play through it as a bad guy and a good guy and get differnt stories.

I say get them both, but if you can't you might as well flip a coin to see which one you get because they are both so good you can't go wrong either way.

l Maximus l
06-20-2004, 01:44 AM
You can't go wrong with either. IMO they are both must have games and two of the best games for the console.

If I had to pick one though I would choose KOTOR because im a Star Wars fan and it's just such a good game and you can play through it as a bad guy and a good guy and get differnt stories.

I say get them both, but if you can't you might as well flip a coin to see which one you get because they are both so good you can't go wrong either way.

I think he said that he has both...he just wants to figure out how to balance them... I figure, just go by what the current mood is...star wars adventure or kickin' Ninja ass :D

Sigma
06-20-2004, 02:19 AM
I think he said that he has both...he just wants to figure out how to balance them... I figure, just go by what the current mood is...star wars adventure or kickin' Ninja ass :D
I should have read into his post a little more then. :D

DemonLoki
06-20-2004, 02:59 AM
KOTR is a good game. I say that and I HATE turn based games. If you like them I could see how this game would totaly rock. I returned it to the store after 3 days.

Since I am a fan of action, I enjoyed Ninja Gaiden more, although the story is weak but told by excellet CG. It took me almost 30 hours to beat first time which was on hard difficulty.

WoOtY BaLLa
06-20-2004, 03:02 AM
ok well ya i think ill take some of your opinions and play thru them both but hopefully that wont take away from the experience of either game but i was wondering how far into KOTOR does it really start to get exciting becuz lol ive prolly played it like 20 min so far or maybe a lil less and im jus on this ship and idk i was wonderin if the whole games like u jus walk round killin guys in a turnbased format or is it liek a normal rpg where u do quests and stuff? also i heard u get to use a lightsaber in it, do u use it turnbased also or is it in real time? and finally when in the game do i get the lightsaber? hehehe ya im in a KOTOR mood rite now but mainly cuz i hav 2 start ovr from the start on gaiden becuz my game memeory got erased... but good thing is i was just after the second boss but man he took me liek 2 hrs 2 beat tho... :confused:

Hard Boiled Cop
06-20-2004, 08:06 AM
I've played both and completed it at least 3 times. Kotor is long, friggin long but it does get boring at times. NG is great, great fun, great everything. I never got tired of it and I never willl.

NG rules.

kenji
06-20-2004, 11:18 PM
ok well ya i think ill take some of your opinions and play thru them both but hopefully that wont take away from the experience of either game but i was wondering how far into KOTOR does it really start to get exciting becuz lol ive prolly played it like 20 so far or maybe a lil less and im jus on this ship and idk i was wonderin if the whole games like u jus walk round killin guys in a turnbased format or is it liek a normal rpg where u do quests and stuff? also i heard u get to use a lightsaber in it, do u use it turnbased also or is it in real time? and finally when in the game do i get the lightsaber?

20 hours and still no light saber? You must be playing the game really really thouroughly. YOu should get your light saber as soon as you reach the jedi academy planet, for get what it is called. It will be and always will be turn base, with or without the lightsabers.

I agree with Maximus in that they are completely different games. I find KOTOR really easy and I just play it to see what the different classes do. Ninja Gaiden is a lot of fun and it is fast paced and exctiting. It really depends on what you feel like playing. :cheers:

sped
06-20-2004, 11:22 PM
I got sick of Gaiden after about an hour. The story was just...very, bleh for me. KoTOR though I found very fun and interesting, it has far more replay value, as you can play it through two times and have a different story along t he way. I'd go with KoTOR, play as a dark sider first, its tons of fun.

DOOM
06-21-2004, 08:51 AM
Both are Good, But I Would Have To Go With The Gaiden!!!!

Hard Boiled Cop
06-22-2004, 05:44 AM
I got sick of Gaiden after about an hour. The story was just...very, bleh for me. KoTOR though I found very fun and interesting, it has far more replay value, as you can play it through two times and have a different story along t he way. I'd go with KoTOR, play as a dark sider first, its tons of fun.

The story in NG is fantastic. I want a film made out of it.

Ninjermy
06-22-2004, 08:54 AM
ninja gaiden took me around 22 hours to beat and KOTOR 27 so, they are pretty equal. they are also the greatest xbox games i have ever owned. good luck deciding!!! :rofl:

blonks
06-23-2004, 01:02 AM
Took me about 24 hours... minus the time i was idle...so id say about 20-21 hours for KOTOR... i loved KOTOR... but i really liked ninja gaiden too...

id go with KOTOR

CuartoDePuto
06-24-2004, 02:28 PM
I'd vote gaiden cause its sweet, but i'm biased cause i haven't played KOTOR yet.

Guess my vote doesn't count much

CuartoDePuto
06-28-2004, 12:57 PM
Ok, now i've played both and can't decide, both these games are pretty sweet. Possible GOTY contenders, no?