PDA

View Full Version : Help me pick my next game.

Reclaimer
06-19-2004, 08:54 PM
Well for father's day, my wife decided she wants to buy me an Xbox game. (in the name of my son.)
Can't really think of what I want. The main deciding factor is being Live enabled.
I like the idea of Full Spectrum, but I'm not so sure about the Live part.
I have zero patience for stealth games, so pretty much not Splinter Cell.
Rid****, I've considered, but I want to play online with other people.
There's this Shadow Ops game, that looks cool, but I know nothing about it, and the main thread in the First Impression forum doesn't make it look all that great.
Maybe Crimson Skies, but I have no idea what the fun factor is, or how many people at XBA actually play it. I'd like to have a game that everyone plays.
Not too big on the driving games.. I'm not really too sure about how fun it would be racing on Live.
So, help me make up my mind, or throw me an idea. I'm getting some kind of game tormmow.

Dark Enemy
06-19-2004, 08:59 PM
crimson skies is good. Take the money and preorder a game! Btw full spectrum warrior is short and has no replay value

LTM360
06-19-2004, 09:17 PM
Well, I play Crimson every now and then, I just got it, and I've played with a few people on XBA (or tried). It's good, fun online too. But I'd just pre-order a game unless you want something now.

[edit]: Don't get Shadow Ops for two reasons. It'll be $20 in no time because... it... sucks. It's intense I'll give it that, but only worth a rental, nothing more.

Reclaimer
06-19-2004, 09:19 PM
I was hoping to walk out with a game. (zero patience)

No Fear 23
06-19-2004, 09:24 PM
crimson skies is prolly your best bet.

Darkside
06-19-2004, 09:24 PM
Go for crimson skies, it has a great storyline and the multiplayer is really fun, especially the chicken one

LTM360
06-19-2004, 10:17 PM
Go for crimson skies, it has a great storyline and the multiplayer is really fun, especially the chicken one

I still havn't tried that, I just play Deathmatch. What do you do in it? What's the objective, so to speak?

Darkside
06-19-2004, 10:18 PM
Its like steal the bacon sort of.

the chicken is the bacon and you go bak to your base, its really fun with a lot of people.

Xorg
06-19-2004, 10:43 PM
Get the 3 month game pass at blockbuster

Sheeyt
06-20-2004, 08:18 AM
Well if you are looking for an offline game Psi-Ops is a must have.

bostwick202
06-20-2004, 08:33 AM
Crimson skies is awesome. But if you havn't i sugest you preorder the halo 2 limited edition. Its only $5 more, and the metal case is so damn cool looking! Plus its going to be next to impossible to get a copy of Halo 2 on launch day. But if you already have, pick up crimson skies

peejay
06-20-2004, 01:19 PM
Plus its going to be next to impossible to get a copy of Halo 2 on launch day.

Wait and see...

Reclaimer, I think the new games are pretty weak right now (w/ exception of Rid****). I know FSW it's like co-op or something so you can't play with alot of people. Shadow Ops doesn't sound too good plus there's no stats. I've been trying to rent those two from BB but they're never in. You asked us to throw some suggestions at you so how about get a game you can play with your son... how old is he? Maybe Tetris Worlds Online or Fuzion Frenzy. As for Crimson Skies, it was really cool to me when I first got it because the levels just seemed so huge and it was a change of pace from all the sports and shooters I play. It never really stayed as a frequently played game for me though. It seems noone really talks much when they're playing and there's not a whole lot of teamwork involved from what I've experienced. You may love it but I dunno.

Now, If you do have any sort of patience, I would preorder one of the many great games coming out soon such as Rainbow Six 3: Black Arrow (8/3/04) or Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon 2 (11/1/04). There's also gonna be a couple of those war games that look pretty nice like Call of Duty and Brothers In Arms. You may be happy you made the decision to preorder especially since right now you seem to be enjoying the games you recently got like Rainbow Six 3 and Wolfenstein.

It's all up to you. :cheers:

Caesar SYN
06-20-2004, 01:40 PM
Skies is not an overly exlaborate game in the way of simulators (flight) but it is a fun and corky story line... and the online play is a lot of fun... when guys get talking like its a rea dog fight in the skies over whereever... enjoyable game... no lag for me smooth as a babys ass just remember to lead your target...

Kortiz
06-20-2004, 05:46 PM
Reclaimer...you are going to have to wait.

You MUST wait

Besides--right now the only game you should be playing on live is RS3...

If me saying you MUST wait isn't good enough and you MUST get a new game -- go for rid****.

oooohooooh -- what about Kotor...you could play that forever. Buy that if you MUST get a game and want it to last forever.

rs3 is all you need until black arrow and halo2 and all them shiznitzorgamezez

Viper87227
06-21-2004, 07:10 PM
IF you have yet to get something, I reccoment Rid****. I played it yesturday, and it was a truly impressive game. Really, the only thing that let me down was the rediculous ammount of jaggies during cutscenes, that aside, the games is stellar.

SkoalMint
06-22-2004, 07:10 AM
I'd also have to advise you to wait. I get a double-whammy every year (Birthday and Father's Day in the same week - sometimes the same day), and for the last couple of years, there just haven't been many games that I wanted coming out in that time frame, so I just tell the wife not to buy me anything and wind up picking up a couple of extra games between July and September, as it seems the choices tend to pick up around then.