PDA

View Full Version : King FPS: Still Halo or Rid****?

Anthony4sho
06-19-2004, 11:55 PM
I want to know what everyone's take is on this. I have seen some people say that Rid**** is now the King FPS and overall best game on the Xbox right now. I've heard people go as far to justify their opinion by saying that Halo is repetitive and that it was only successful because of it's timely release :confused:

I honestly think Halo still is the best FPS and game on the Xbox until someone brings a game along that redoes everything that Halo did.

Well I want to know what my fellow addicts think about this one.

So what is everyones thoughts on this?

Murdoc
06-19-2004, 11:59 PM
Halo just because its Halo

Anthony4sho
06-20-2004, 12:03 AM
I appreciate your reply, but could you go into more depth as to why you chose Halo?

CMX Jedi
06-20-2004, 12:25 AM
halo, the game is a lot onger and it has multi player. if rid**** was longer and had multi player (with heavy guards at vehicals) it would be a good rival.

l Maximus l
06-20-2004, 01:50 AM
While I was very impressed with Rid****...it's still no Halo. Halo's immersion cannot be rivaled...the gameplay couldn't be any better either.

It is my hope that other developers learn from Bungie and take a step forward in the design of games.

Reclaimer
06-20-2004, 02:55 AM
I too have seen that Rid**** is hailed as the next best Xbox game. To me, Halo is hanging in there by simply because of it's multiplayer ability. No game offers what Halo has in the MP department despite the fact that other games are graphically superior, or have othe benefits like Live play.
In fact, the only game I could see that could give Halo a run for it's worth in the multiplayer department, besides Halo 2, might be that Battlefield: Modern Weapons game. Big maps, vehicles and solely built for the online portion. Lets just hope it has good graphics.

SoundX
06-20-2004, 02:59 AM
Halo didn't sell because it was a launch game, it didn't have as much to back it up like other games did (Tony Hawks for example, a well known franchise). It sold because it was AWSOME.

Halo is deffinently still the king of FPS for me, it's hard to explain a full answer, like Murdoc said, because it's Halo. :)

DemonLoki
06-20-2004, 03:16 AM
Rid**** is awesome, I love the darkness. The atmosphere, the blood splatter and explosions are some of the best ever.

I didnt like the bullets slow speed though, my bb gun shoots higher fps(700fps), it is a bit short, and the lack of any multiplayer sucks.

Halo is still king.
:hail: HALO

While I was very impressed with Rid****...it's still no Halo. Halo's immersion cannot be rivaled...the gameplay couldn't be any better either.

The sequel will make it better :D

NomadLLama
06-21-2004, 12:53 AM
i havent played Rid****, but i hear its excellent. Halo is a king, but only on xbox. on pc, halo didnt stand a chance, and i dont really think it really made it.

Splinter-Seal
06-21-2004, 04:43 AM
Rid**** is a fantastic game. Easily the best 'movie gone game' title ever. Hwoever, it still has it's share of lil things to gripe about. Maybe I am just missing something, but Halo, from my experiences, is simply flawless. That said, Halo is still the king of FPS games in my book. The only rival that Halo has, to me is, Half-Life. But, that is just me. Now, Half-life can't compete with most games of today, and it really can't compete with Halo from a tech point of view. But, as far as immersion, and it's content 'in it's day', it's still to me one of the greatest games ever.

Xorg
06-21-2004, 07:24 AM
on pc, halo didnt stand a chance, and i dont really think it really made it.
That would be gearbox's fault, they f'ed it up. And halo pwns rid****.

NomadLLama
06-21-2004, 10:16 AM
That would be gearbox's fault, they f'ed it up. And halo pwns rid****.

i know its gearbox's fault, but really, im not sure anyone could have ported the game successfully

CRAYMAN
06-21-2004, 11:53 AM
i havent played Rid****, but i hear its excellent. Halo is a king, but only on xbox. on pc, halo didnt stand a chance, and i dont really think it really made it.

I think Halo PC still sold extremely well. In the mall here we have an online game room complete with PC's linked and online and Halo PC is always the most played game by FAR.

Halo is better than Rid****: more weapons, greater variety of enemies, open ended gameplay, less confining, superior story line, multiplayer, vehicles, co-op play, more difficulty levels...more is better. :cool:

BLITZKRIEG*
06-21-2004, 03:05 PM
halo with out a doubt

Dgenx321
06-21-2004, 05:21 PM
How many of you have even played both before voting??

PoetSaskia
06-21-2004, 06:06 PM
I think Halo is overrated and I didn't find it that great. That said, I wasn't fully satisfied with Rid**** either. I was really hyped for it and I went from being dazzled by it's great graphics to being gradually more disappointed as it failed to satisfy my desire for solid shooter action. Rid**** could have easily been the best FPS ever, but it isn't enough of a shooter. It seems like the developers weren't really interested in making a shooter. There are some decent weapons in the game but you hardly ever get to use them. What a waste.
I think perhaps that the best FPS on xbox is Serious Sam. It is faster, longer, smoother, and more intense with more enemies than any other FPS. It just has a great feel to it, as good as any FPS I've played. It is one of the only FPS's on xbox to run at 60 fps. This makes a BIG difference in gameplay. It feels so much better and you have so much better control. It's a huge game, 36 levels long. The number of enemies it throws at you is unmatched. It also has a great multiplayer mode that is much faster than Halo's, which I really like. Gamers who've been around for a while and enjoyed games like Doom should be able to recognize how good Serious Sam is.

Viper87227
06-21-2004, 07:16 PM
As a single player game, I have to choose rid****. The 1st person fighing was awesome, I loved the game from start to finish. Halo on the other hand, had a fun, but very repetative, room after room singple player that didn't impress me. Obviosly Halo still offers awesome multiplayer, and rid**** has none.

In the end, I woudl choose rid****, just because of the pure enjoyment I got out of the game, but because of multiplayer, Halo is a damn close second.