PDA

View Full Version : Will microsoft fix my xbox?

The_Dark_Knight
06-20-2004, 04:41 AM
Lately its been acting weird the screen is flicking a little and now it wont log into ms dash , but it likes me play games , will they fix that?

Reclaimer
06-20-2004, 04:45 AM
Call 1-800-4my-Xbox. That's the best way to know for sure.
Things to consider:
How old is your Xbox, does it still have it's warranty? How about a store warranty, you might be able to take it to the store you bought it from instead if it applies to you.
Did you open your Xbox? That voids your warranty.

They'll fix it, but you'll pay for it, unless you have some sort of warranty left.

The_Dark_Knight
06-20-2004, 04:50 AM
nope i havent opened it and it like 6 months old, man this driving me crazy my sweet xbox !

Reclaimer
06-20-2004, 04:57 AM
Crap, I don't remember now. I just bought my second Xbox recently and I don't remember how long the orignal warranty is on it. I almost want to say 30 days. There's a card that you could have filled out and sent some money to extend out the warranty, but you have to do it within a few days of purchase. I do think the original warranty is short. Call the number to find out what your options are. They can walk you through some steps that may save you from having to send it in.

The_Dark_Knight
06-20-2004, 05:03 AM
I hope to god thy can fix it , i just dont know what it would do man!

SoundX
06-20-2004, 06:05 AM
All Xbox's have a years warranty on them.

Yours is six months old, don't ask questions, get them to fix it pronto. Do not accept to pay for anything. Not even Postage and Packaging.

My old Xbox went weird and they wanted 90 pounds for a repair. Those money suckers.

Reclaimer
06-20-2004, 06:12 AM
All Xbox's have a years warranty on them.

Yours is six months old, don't ask questions, get them to fix it pronto. Do not accept to pay for anything. Not even Postage and Packaging.

My old Xbox went weird and they wanted 90 pounds for a repair. Those money suckers.

Yup. I'm off duty now, I just completed a duty rotation and I'm on my off shift. I got home just now (sorry it took awhile to get back to you, it's a long drive from the base), and sorted through the paperwork and stuff that came with Halo Xbox. You do in deed have a year to cover yourself with. Call them now, and good luck.