PDA

View Full Version : EGM Destroys Far Cry: Instincts, DRIV3R dissapoints, NCAA Foot. takes GotM.

LTM360
06-20-2004, 09:36 AM
Far Cry: Instincts - "How Was It? Something tragic must have happened on the way from PC to Xbox, because at its core, Instincts is rotting: Sluggish play, cardboard cutout vegetation (the game doesn't look nearly as good as the screenshots would indicate), and dim-witted enemy A.I. make this island anything but gaming paradise. Ubisoft, give this one some immediate attention."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DRIV3R Review: Scores
8.5: "The fact that DRIV3R is such a frustration-free game ultimately makes it a short-lived one--the story's over quickly, and there's little incentive to play for much longer. Even so, this is the first game to successfully mix death-on-the-freeway antics with a plot you might actually care about, and it's worth a shot for that alone."

7.5: "DRIV3R is solid, and as [8.5] said, it's certainly better than previous GTA-inspired efforts. It works mostly because of its great driving--each car handles beautifully, and the impressive physics engine makes accidental crashes worth the insurance hit. The on-foot missions aren't as hot, although it doesn't take too long to get the hang of the stiff control style."

6.5: "The Grand Theft Auto connection has already been made, but here's the vital Cliffs Notes version: DRIV3R has way better graphics but fewer missions, a fraction of the replay value, and probably even more bugs. The cities are meticulously, amazingly crafted, but you won't even visit huge chunks of them, unless you're in Take a Ride mode, and then, as [7.5] noted, there's not too much to do but marvel at the scenery."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NCAA Football 2005 (Game of the Month) Scores:

9.0: "Yep, NCAA splits the uprights with premiere pigskin play that's worthy of any armchair QB's attention."

9.5: "...inching ever closer to perfection, EA Sports made a great game better..."

9.0: "When asked to identify my favorite game ever, I have a quick answer: "Whatever the latest edition of NCAA Football is." It's still true for 2005..."

bostwick202
06-20-2004, 10:13 AM
I think that your title is a little misleading. Although a little dissapointing, Drive-three-er did get one 8.5!

Variation-XBA
06-20-2004, 01:05 PM
Hrm....I'll have to try it at work first then I guess =/

Wolfgame
06-20-2004, 07:35 PM
Ill rent all those games

sped
06-20-2004, 11:18 PM
Driv3r isn't short at all, I dunno what moron would think it is. It's very challenging as well.

As for Far Cry, I didnt like the PC version, so I doubt ill like the xbox version.

I can't wait for NCAA 2005.

TheWheelMan
06-21-2004, 12:10 AM
By the sounds of it far cry: insticts is going to be similar to the poorly done mafia for the xbox :cuss:

Sheeyt
06-21-2004, 09:04 AM
I have a hard time believing any of the trash that EGM prints.

mrmp3
06-21-2004, 11:17 PM
Far Cry doesn't come out till Nov. Ubi-Soft is a quality company, things will change. EGM needs to stop making opinions and reviews of a game until it's NEAR completion and 5 months ISN'T near completion.

Koopa
06-21-2004, 11:43 PM
ign gave drive-three-er a 5 and a half..ouch.

why the **** didn't they just call it driver three? driv3r is NOT COOL. you are NOT LEET for making the E into a 3. jesus.

Hard Boiled Cop
06-22-2004, 05:36 AM
I kinda like it. Just type it in capitals and see why, lol.
I'm hoping to pick up DRIV3R tomorrow, and see how it is for MYSELF.