PDA

View Full Version : You'll never guess who I met today...

mattcoxonline
01-20-2002, 01:57 PM
...Okay, so here's the story:

I was in EB looking at Dreamcast games when I asked the passing assistant if he had Rez in for, obviously, the Dreamcast.
I laughed at the reply of "No sorry, Resident Evil isn't on the Dreamcast." but that's not the point.

This guy approached me with what seemed to be his wife and a very geeky friend. "You can Get that in HMV," he said. I smiled and said cheers as I looked at his jacket. An Xbox jacket.
Then he said, "in Liverpool...." which I found quite funny as he had an Xbox jacket on, but otherwise I would have been forced to smack him in the face.

I asked where he got his cool jacket and I never would have expected the reply.
"I work for Bizarre Creation, and worked on Project Gotham Racing." Now I wanted to smack him in the face.

(If this is you, I don't really. Can I have your jacket or can you please get me one - PM me.)

No, actually he seemed a pretty cool guy. I told him I pre-ordered PGR, and then conversation died. I sooo badly wanted to ask for some free stuff, but I though I'd hassled him enough already.
So off I went, without Rez, without an Xbox jacket. But a smile. :D

Snoopy7548
01-20-2002, 05:31 PM
u should have asked him what kind of car he drove

XBA Staff
01-20-2002, 05:36 PM
Don't worry...in a few more years people will feel like that when they meet me.

xboxpebbles
01-20-2002, 06:14 PM
congrads!
i bet that made ur day:):)
thats really neat to have met
him:) :D :D :)

wingchunstan
01-20-2002, 06:16 PM
hey u live in hope mills at live in raeford close t u man i got by xbox on hopemills walmart first day came out at midnight where u there?? Tyrell

sinizuh
01-20-2002, 07:03 PM
by "worked on Project Gotham Racing" could mean anything...

from something cool like Senior Artist or Game Designer to something not-so-cool like ... janitor. lol :D

"yea... i cleaned out the trash while they worked on the game"

Toonz
01-21-2002, 07:27 AM
LoL maybe he inserted the sleeves into the cases on the assemby line.

XBA Staff
01-21-2002, 11:22 AM
hey u live in hope mills at live in raeford close t u man i got by xbox on hopemills walmart first day came out at midnight where u there?? Tyrell

Naw man...I pre-ordered my Xbox at Toys R Us so I didn't have to goto Walmart or stand in line. But I got like 90% of my Xbox games at the Hope Mills Walmart.

Also I goto SouthView High School. You should know about that place.

wingchunstan
01-21-2002, 11:43 AM
ohh ok i just wanted to know if u where at that walmart that night.. and yup i know where that highschool is

mattcoxonline
01-21-2002, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by sinizuh
by "worked on Project Gotham Racing" could mean anything...

from something cool like Senior Artist or Game Designer to something not-so-cool like ... janitor. lol :D

"yea... i cleaned out the trash while they worked on the game"

I thought that after I'd posted the thread....

TRUE_GAMER
01-22-2002, 12:48 AM
I live up here in Lorain Ohio and there is a school by the same name. lol....

techoholic1
01-22-2002, 03:29 AM
Tyrell, I'd be careful!! wingchunstan is a stalker. :confused:

XBA Staff
01-22-2002, 06:32 AM
Tyrell, I'd be careful!! wingchunstan is a stalker.

Don't worry, he doesn't know my full address nor phone number so I'm not worrying. :cool:

wingchunstan
01-22-2002, 01:01 PM
lol a staker what? haha