PDA

View Full Version : Warranty

NomadLLama
06-21-2004, 12:48 AM
My warranty is about to expire, and I want to get my xbox cleaned up so i get my money's worth :) And i did hear about the new dvd drive, different to the ones at launch, and mine's 4 months after launch. I remember calling them before and they told me that they would pay for shipping and what not (this was when i bought the warranty), but when i called them about january, they said that i had to pay for the shipping and everything.

do i have to pay for them to ship the box back to me?

will they reformat the hard drive?

how much is it to ship (about)?

How long does it take?

Why isnt the tech support 24/7 anymore?

thx to anyone who can answer these

Variation-XBA
06-21-2004, 01:14 AM
Call 1-800-4-MY-XBOX and they can tell you anything

TOTTEN
06-21-2004, 01:40 AM
it might cost ya like 100 bucks for everything. the people are asses at 18004myxbox

l Maximus l
06-21-2004, 02:01 AM
If my memory is accurate, it takes about 3 weeks to get your XBox back. Personally, I think that's a long time...especially since I can barely remember life before XBox :D

NomadLLama
06-21-2004, 09:53 AM
woah i remember the people at 18004myxbox used to be really nice.... that was back around launch time

100 bucks even though i have warranty?

well im callin them in a sec...

Dgenx321
06-21-2004, 12:37 PM
For a hundred dollars plus the shipping cost you could buy a new XBOX...

SoundX
06-21-2004, 12:47 PM
All Xbox's have warranty for a year, as standard.

Don't take any crap if it's still in warranty, as their just trying to get more money out of you. No P&P, nothing. It's all on them.

Yeah I got a new Xbox as my launch one started to crop up formiluar problems, it just wasn't worth it. Months later, when I sent my first one to be m****d, they fixed it for just a little bit more. Lets just say alot less than MS wanted for it.