PDA

View Full Version : xbox games on the PC

Wanted Xbox
07-25-2001, 09:47 AM
I always read the news on xboxaddict and when i read the games coming out for them a majority of them are going to show up on the pc, so i was wandering what is the point of getting xbox if most of the games are on pc??? I know not all of them are gonna be, but a good amount are going to appear on the pc.

ThomasHun
07-25-2001, 10:47 AM
Consoles are more for communal things, gatherings if you will whilst computers are in a way. So microsoft wishes you to experience both.
*Takes a $20 from Bill*

thedrisc
07-25-2001, 12:24 PM
A lot of PC games are ported to consoles not just the xbox but since Microsoft makes the Xbox it is now easier for PC programmers to make games on a console.

On the Xbox all the games will be written for one CPU and video card only. That means less compatibility problems than a PC will have. I have gone through some nightmares trying to get a game to work on a PC.

One of the best reasons to have a Xbox instead of a PC is your couch. You can sit back on your couch and play your favorite games in Dolby surround sound.
What could be better than that?

superbango12
08-04-2001, 06:09 PM
boring. The only game I have seen is Black and White.:p :p

Spuz
08-04-2001, 06:32 PM
Well, actually, an X-Box should be able to run the games better, too. Also, the type of games other than PC games you will find will be console-type games.. Y'know, when's the last PC game anyone has seen where you could sit down with three other buds, plug four controllers into your computer, and have a fun time playing a party game or a Hunter: The Reckoning game on one screen? It's a lot more fun than actually sitting at different computers in the same room or across the country, for that matter.