PDA

View Full Version : Cool little features about XBOX

SeTH
07-25-2001, 02:17 PM
:D I wanted to start a new thread and I thought of this topic

1. The XBOX controller cord illuminates green when it it is pluged into the XBOX and the XBOX is turned on.

2. The XBOX "Jewel" also illuminates green when the XBOX is turned on.

3. The XBOX controller has a cool little feature that we would never think of you know when you have been playing and someone trips over the cord and yanks your whole system off the shelf? Well Microsoft has built in a cool feature to the XBOX controller and they made it so when this happens the contoller pops out of the XBOX instead of it taking the whole system with it!!!

If you know anything more about these features (or new ones I didn't post) or if these are true PLEASE DON'T JUST SIT THERE GET TA' TYP'IN!!!!

Aaron
07-25-2001, 06:19 PM
Well the cord thing is not true, just a rumor but hell, id like to see that, i think that would be pretty sweet.

CodeScribe
07-26-2001, 01:13 AM
What was the person that told you all that smoking? None of that has been announced by MS. And to prevent someone from walking in front of your TV and tripping on the cord, just do what I do, put a baseball bat next to you. Everyone will be quite cautious I assure you. :D

ThomasHun
07-26-2001, 07:47 AM
Being that the cord is 9 1/2 feet long it would take somebody a good day to pull the cord out.

xboxlover
07-26-2001, 12:36 PM
I don't like the idea of the cord glowing but the jewel on the controller sounds good.

wyst
07-27-2001, 12:37 AM
<font color='F0064E'><font color="white"><SPAN style="position:relative;
width:5; height:10; filter:glow(Color=red,strength=#2)">They had "talked" about making the cord glow last year at E3, so in a way there is some fact behind what he said, however I never heard about it since then.</span></font> </font>

Azimiza-XBA
07-27-2001, 12:43 AM
It would be a little too much if the cord glows green, but I like the idea of the orb in the middle of the controller giving a neon green glow, that is pretty cool because the controller is actually in your hands, not the controller cord. Other than that, Microsoft really thought ahead of time when figuring out how long the cord will be and all the other specifications (which is more than i can say for some PS2 controllers).