PDA

View Full Version : Ninja Gaiden Tips N' Tricks

BEATNGU
06-24-2004, 07:52 PM
If any one has seen the "Tips N' Tricks" section in the recent OXM about the unlockable mini/origonal Ninja Gaiden games or if you've unlocked them on your own you know what I'm talking about.

Just wondering if the origonal games (1 & 2(I think)) are any good or not? I'm a fan of older games as well as new (arcade as well), so personally, I think I'd like them. You never know though, so that's why I need some opinions on the games! Also, how many levels/segments (or whatever you wanna call them) are there in Ninja Gaiden? I've gotten pretty far but have taken many breaks from the game, expecially since all the new kick @$$ games are come'n out!

CarGuy
06-24-2004, 08:02 PM
they're pretty good, i used to play the hell out of them when i was little.

l Maximus l
06-24-2004, 11:44 PM
Honestly, I never played Ninja Gaiden 3 (the old school one)...still haven't. Ninja Gaiden 1 and Ninja Gaiden 2 were two of my favorite games back in the day...there's no question. It's fun to see them again and play them...but, they obviously don't hold a candle to then newest version :D

DemonLoki
06-25-2004, 04:11 AM
The originals were fun back in the day. But back in the day was like ten years ago. The have some fun, but are so repetative.
(Still, the are way better than the original Prince of Persia's.)

Nato King
06-25-2004, 07:55 AM
I have the ninja Gaiden guide book so I unlocked them right away. even the with ninja suite. man that suite looks good.

BEATNGU
06-25-2004, 08:28 AM
I just recently got down in the sewers, where towards the end you fight a huge worm looking thing, and I'm kinda wonder'n; How much farther do I have to go until I am where I can unlock one of the games? Or even the suit? I think I'm a level or two off though.

The games are hella old school, so are the games on "Midway Arcade Classics" (Origonal Spy Hunter, Paper Boy, & Joust), and I played the hell outa those for awhile. Atleast until some of the more recent games came out.

Ninjermy
06-25-2004, 08:35 AM
there are about 16 chapters (levels) and in order to unlock the games you have to find every hidden scarab (50 in all) throughout the game and some levels you cannot go back to so if you miss one you are screwed about unlocking the games.

Nato King
06-25-2004, 08:42 AM
Once you've beaten the game on normal or difficulty, if you hold L while beginning another, you'll gain access to an entirely new costume and sword with which to face the enemy again. though the plasma sword doesn't apear to be any more powerful than the dragon sword, it makes a nice whooshing sound when swung.