PDA

View Full Version : Dead To Rights (Crazy EBGames Price)

David Luckey
06-25-2004, 04:17 AM
http://ebgames.com/ebx/product/219893.asp
http://ebgames.com/ebx/product/209935.asp

Those are both weird.

I am tired of EB games. I don't like how they handled my Panzer Dragoon Orta disk (I had to buy it there, no other places had it) When I want to buy a game new, I want the disk untouched, period.
They wanted to give me a quarter :cuss:A QUARTER!:cuss: for a game I paid $30 for, so they could turn around and sell it for $25.
Look at that link. They are charging more for USED copies of Dead To Rights than NEW copies.

I don't want anybody to point out the logic, if there is any, I am just saying-EBGames pisses me off in how they price things. And try to screw you over.

And what is the purpose of this? :hump:
Maybe...<CORPSE> :hump:

Reclaimer
06-25-2004, 05:12 AM
I really don't understand why that is. Something is wrong with EB.

On account of trading games, sometimes price depreciation really sucks. I had pondered trading in my copy of Brute Force until they told me they'd give me 4 bucks for.. Damn, I paid 54 bucks for that game on a preorder before it came out.

CarGuy
06-25-2004, 06:40 AM
Then don't trade you games to them?? der

Variation-XBA
06-25-2004, 02:14 PM
If you don't agree, then don't do it...

LTM360
06-25-2004, 02:45 PM
A quarter? Something had to have been wrong with the disk, or the instructions were missing. I was gonna trade mine and they offered $13.00 for it. I'd bet that you lost the instructions, disk was scratched or both. When I went to trade GTA 3 a few years back, I only would've gotten $0.75 because instructions were missing (I kept it...)

David Luckey
06-25-2004, 04:33 PM
Nah, I keep all my cases and disks in perfect condition, and the manual was there.
And, I don't trade/sell my games now, no matter how much I dislike them-But, it was a sports game-NFL2K3, so that might be why they tried to give me a quarter for it...but I know they would have turned around and sold it for $25.
I just don't use electronics boutique anymore. It is the devil. If I want to get rid of a game, I give it to my little bro.

MaxPain
06-26-2004, 04:02 AM
Yeah man, I stopped going to ebgames. I always get my stuff at gamestop now. I bought espn major league baseball the day it came out at eb games. it sucked hard so i brought it back 2 hours later.. they said they would give me $4 bucks. Lol ?? I just paid 39.99 2 hours ago.. and it's funny how they have $40 and $50 games when gamestop has the same games listed for $20 and $30.. GAMESTOP TO WIN. :cool:

**EDIT** Also .. when I called to ask how much each store gave for used xbox
ebgames said $30 store credit
gamestop said $80 store credit

maybe its just my ebgames thats screwed?? :huh:

LTM360
06-26-2004, 01:14 PM
Either your lying, or your ebgames sucks, and your Gamestop rocks. Our Funcoland/Gamestop have 2 stores in our local mall, EB is by itself in another local mall. EB is always cheaper, and their prices are never higher on new games. When Ninja Gaiden first came out it was $54.99 at Gamespot/Funcoland, $49.99 Ebgames. EB gave me $13.00 for Spiderman, and Gamestop $8. I just know from experience that EB is a better store, why yours is all messed up I dunno max, but you should come down here :p

CMX Jedi
06-26-2004, 03:24 PM
i have never seen an EB store. all i have is game stop and they never go over $50 for a game.

SoundX
06-26-2004, 04:02 PM
Meh... Game, EB, what's the difference?

George89
06-26-2004, 04:08 PM
i have never seen an EB store. all i have is game stop and they never go over $50 for a game.

you've never seen one....I've seen malls with 2 EB stores in them :)

FuNkY mOnK
06-27-2004, 03:07 PM
EB SU-CKS. Shop on ebay. Eb hires collage grades that major in marketing, nothing wrong with that but when you want game info you hire a gamer when you that meaningless Bullsh-it...you get the picture.

ShannonX
06-27-2004, 04:20 PM
i've never seen a gamestop store, just EB games, maybe it a location thing.

LTM360
06-27-2004, 06:13 PM
Well, I did just goto a new Gamestop (outside the one mall, and close to the one with an EB) and their prices are insanely good. I traded in my Gameboy Advance, games, and got $50 (woah! big suprise to me) and got Mario Tennis (wanted back so bad) and had $30 left to spend, took like 2 hours trying to decide what to get. I ended up getting Final Fantasy Chornicles (2 games Chrono Trigger & Final Fantasy IV) and still have $12.02 credit. So both have their ups and downs, I've come to that. Also, the worker who helped me out was awesome, very helpful.

Reclaimer
06-27-2004, 09:01 PM
Just to let you know, with EB the price you get back for a trade in can vary just by the location of the store. GameStop is the same way, but I noticed it's not as bad.
A game can get you 15 bucks in one store, and less than 10 in another though it's just a few blocks away. It's weird. That's why I always call around before I make trades to get a good deal.

Xer0Mercy
06-27-2004, 10:48 PM
I think that the value of the game you trade in is partially based on how many used copies of the game that particular store has in stock at the time. For example, if a store has 15 used copies of Jet Set Radio, they'd give you 3 bucks for it. If it has 2 copies, perhaps they'd go up to 10 bucks. The store cannot deny you if you want to sell a game to them, so they just drop the value of the game as the number of copies the store has increases.

This is strictly my theory on how they do it... Just a guess pretty much. I think it makes sense judging by the stories I've read in this thread.