PDA

View Full Version : Goldeneye: Rogue Agent

ScorpionX
06-25-2004, 10:41 PM
There are few names as hallowed in the annals of gaming as GoldenEye, due in large part to the wildly popular multiplayer action the game offered on the Nintendo 64. Now that Electronic Arts is reprising the name with GoldenEye: Rogue Agent, we're pleased to present exclusive new footage of the multiplayer mode from this hotly anticipated sequel.

Link to article plus video of multiplayer (http://www.gamespot.com/xbox/action/jamesbond007goldeneye2/preview_6101433.html)

Looks pretty good so far, but I hope they slow down the players a bit. :p

SPARTAN VI
06-26-2004, 01:12 AM
Can't really tell what's going on beyond 2ft in front of the guy, but the screenshots look ok.

Nice find. :D

Variation-XBA
06-26-2004, 03:04 AM
Sweet, Dual Weilding :D

SoundX
06-26-2004, 08:58 AM
I have to say, the screenshots and things I read about this seemed pritty good. But when I actualy saw the gameplay it kind of felt too much like the old classic. The controls looked like you were only using one anolog stick, which was fine for back then. But times have moved on, and we need more control.

Otherwise, looking forward to this one. If EA make this thing as good as they say it will be, I might have to change my opinion on them. Just a little. lol :D

CuartoDePuto
06-28-2004, 08:15 AM
If EA make this thing as good as they say it will be, I might have to change my opinion on them. Just a little. lol :D

Do you mean just outside the world of sports? EA makes pretty good sports games in my opinion. I'm hoping they do well with this one too

SoundX
06-28-2004, 10:47 AM
Do you mean just outside the world of sports? EA makes pretty good sports games in my opinion. I'm hoping they do well with this one too

The sports games they make are pritty good. But I don't like the way they pump them out each year. For instance: Fifa 2003 "Oh! Oh! We have a new free-kick system, making it far better than all previous titles. You need this. You must buy this." And then the following year Fifa 2004 "This time the graphics are slightly better! Making this your must buy of 2005 and all previous games in the series extremely dated and not worth playing anymore"

They take advantage of their liscence in my opinon. Just lots of cash-ins. I'd much rather see it go to Pro Evo, and have one or two new games in the space of 4-5 years. That way, they don't go "dated", and there is time to really improve the game. Instead of adding a little tweak and slapping a big 2005 logo on. Granted, it's not easy to improve a game were the main objective is to kick a ball in the back of a net, but that means that they shouldn't really be getting them out each year. They should take their time and really create a new and fresh experience.

Standard EA are alright, they make some good games. Atleast with those they actualy spend more than a year on new games and try to keep them fresh. This Goldeneye 2 right here, sounds like some innovative thinking :)

CuartoDePuto
06-28-2004, 11:27 AM
I'm with you on the licensing thing. It sucks that the game only lasts a year. And a lot of the time it just seems like the roster has been updated when you get the new version.