PDA

View Full Version : Ssx3

xboxfan06
06-27-2004, 11:01 PM
I bought i brand new SSX3 and it took so long to load and when it finished it would freeze. I thought it was just the game so i got it changed but the new one that i just got does the same. Does this usually happen with SSX3 or is it my XBOX?

Darkside
06-27-2004, 11:07 PM
more than likely its your xbox, clean it, and it'll probably work.

Variation-XBA
06-27-2004, 11:15 PM
My copy works fine, its your box

xboxfan06
06-27-2004, 11:17 PM
How do i clean it?

severd hed
06-28-2004, 07:33 AM
i never had that problem with ssx3..but i have had it with other games. but about 2 weeks before i started having alot of problems, i ordered an extended warranty, so i sent it back to MS and they replaced my DVD drive.

to clean it, there are regular DVD lens cleaners you can get, as well as blowing it out with compressed air. if you have a thompson drive in it though, you may want to consider purchasing an extended warranty before it dies on you. it doesnt have to be currenty covered under warranty to buy an extended warranty. it costs $26 for one year, and if it quits working, they will fix it. they even send you a box to ship it in (they pay shipping both ways) and it is pretty fast.i shipped mine out on a monday afternoon and it arrived at my house by friday afternoon.(which sucked, because i asked them to ship it to where i work, so i could sign for it...but they didnt, and since i wasnt there whey they tried to deliver it, i had to wait till monday to get it)

if you do that, make sure you back up your saved games to memory cards though...when i got mine back, it had a new samsung dvd drive...and the hard drive was back to factory conditions. fortunatly i had most of my games backed up...they werent all the most current saves...but it could have been alot worse.

xboxfan06
06-28-2004, 01:58 PM
i guess im going to check out some DVD lense cleaners or maybe consider the extended warranty.

Reclaimer
06-28-2004, 02:01 PM
I use a Pioneer DVD lense cleaner.. works fine for me.