PDA

View Full Version : Battlefiled: Modern Combat

Conchord
06-29-2004, 10:11 PM
http://images.ea.com/eagames/official/bf_moderncombat/us/screenshots/xbox/800x600/screenshot_1.jpg

http://images.ea.com/eagames/official/bf_moderncombat/us/screenshots/xbox/800x600/screenshot_2.jpg

http://images.ea.com/eagames/official/bf_moderncombat/us/screenshots/xbox/800x600/screenshot_3.jpg

''Award-winning Battlefield Franchise Comes to Console for the First Time.

REDWOOD CITY, Calif., April 15, 2004 - Lock and load, soldier... It’s time to prepare for all-out war on the modern battlefields of the world. Electronic Arts announced today that the award-winning Battlefield franchise is coming to console for the first time with Battlefield: Modern Combat for the PlayStation 2 computer entertainment system from Sony Computer Entertainment America. The title, which is currently under development for a planned fall 2004 debut, will be published and distributed by EA under the EA GAMES™ brand.

The first-ever Battlefield console installment will drop players into the heat of battle on the high tech frontlines, entering a new modern era of combat with more firepower and new expansive environments. Armed with the latest modern weaponry, players can take control of over 30 vehicles, including tanks, helicopters and fast attack vehicles, to engage in major conflicts with up to 24 players in some of the largest online battles on the PlayStation 2 console. (Online play requires the PlayStation 2 console, a broadband connection, memory card, and network adaptor for the PlayStation 2). Voiceover communication is also supported via USB headset. Players will choose to fight for one of three military superpowers: the United States, the Chinese, or the newly formed Middle East Coalition.

Developed by Sweden-based Digital Illusions,Battlefield: Modern Combat features large and detailed environments, from city streets to remote forests, in some of the globe’s most notorious hot spots, allowing players to engage in multiplayer battles that could be ripped straight from tomorrow’s headlines. Battlefield: Modern Combat also includes over 70 state-of-the-art modern weapons and advanced weapon systems, including heat-seeking missiles and laser designated bombs. Additionally, with in-game success, players increase their rank and garner promotions in a persistent online world.''

Hopefully this game will support 64 players, but its highly unlikely...I just cant believe that their puttin it on ps2. I guess this game confirms EA is going LIVE!...

Watch the trailer labeled Gameplay Footage 2

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox/action/battlefieldmoderncombat/

Holt88
06-29-2004, 10:49 PM
Look at the bodies flying in the air in the 1st pic. I wish it was coming out any day now. :bang:

Reclaimer
06-30-2004, 12:06 AM
It would be cool to have a completely devoted all Live game. Like Counter Strike but with so much more, and tons of stuff to do, drive and kill.
Weapon download packs, new vehicles, team uniforms, maps.. I think EA could do Live well if they want to.
I see a lot of hope in this game. Not necessarily being a online Halo killer, but something worth spending a lot of time playing on Live, of course, when I'm not doing Halo 2.

BananaMan
06-30-2004, 02:10 AM
i posted that a while back....cream soda!!!! that game is goin to rock

Variation-XBA
06-30-2004, 03:03 AM
I'll be picking this up even though I have all the other BF's on PC, simply for the voice chat.

Conchord
06-30-2004, 06:06 AM
I think that, in some cases, IF they can make this one as fun as the PC battlefields, it will be better multiplay than Halo 2...

Sheeyt
06-30-2004, 08:20 AM
I preordered this puppy yesterday when I picked up Spiderman.

No Fear 23
06-30-2004, 09:52 AM
damn...did u see how fast those vehicles were going? i just want to plant some land mines in their path and let bodies the fly.

it looks like alot of fun. there seem to be a million strageties to do.

Conchord
06-30-2004, 12:06 PM
damn...did u see how fast those vehicles were going? i just want to plant some land mines in their path and let bodies the fly.

it looks like alot of fun. there seem to be a million strageties to do.

Yep. Strategy is a big factor, and will increase DRAMATICALLY with headsets...I know from experience how fun large-scale vehicular combat is (Battlefield for PC), and there is a very big chance this game will kick ass.

yall
06-30-2004, 05:46 PM
I'll be picking this up even though I have all the other BF's on PC, simply for the voice chat.

Exactly. Voice chat is where its at. I've been playing Joint Operations on the PC (which I highly recommend by the way...) and the game is so great, but could be so much better if voice chat was available.

Ninjermy
06-30-2004, 05:57 PM
man, havent you guys played BF1942 or Desert Combat (mod of BF194) before? its pretty much same as those, the only reason im exicted is its console!!!!

lax_defense
06-30-2004, 06:03 PM
AAH! That is one of the sexiest things I've ever seen. I'm preordering this and halo 2 next chance I get!

Variation-XBA
07-01-2004, 03:36 AM
man, havent you guys played BF1942 or Desert Combat (mod of BF194) before? its pretty much same as those, the only reason im exicted is its console!!!!

BF2 seems to be the offcial Desert Combat :)