PDA

View Full Version : Halo online, how will we know...

wizkid918
01-21-2002, 02:13 PM
I was thinking... it wont be long before Halo is online consistantly instead of through gamespy, but even now, i bet it would make for a lot more conversation if we could come into our forums and 'discuss' our frags from fellow xboxaddict members, so i figure why not spill the beans on what our nicknames are or will be online, that way there is no confusion and maybe get ready to coordinate some attacks on others, or whatever, just a topic i thought of.

Mine is Viper (hence the sig below :p )

l Maximus l
01-21-2002, 02:16 PM
Mine is "Maximus"...go figure!??! :D hehe...that's what my nickname is on GameSpy, too...look me up! (and I will look you up, too :D)

LynxFX
01-21-2002, 03:23 PM
I am Lynxfx on gamespy and everwhere else for that matter. As soon as MS goes online it will be Lynxfx there too.

Look me up. :D

I think we should put together an XBA clan for halo. I used to be in DKM back in XCTF in Quake 2 and then <<WAR>> for UT assault. Those were the days. :) You can check out the old website at http://war.4t.com. I was Storm back then. I did the site for us back then and wouldn't mind starting up something for us now.

Anyone interested in putting together a clan?

DT21
01-21-2002, 03:26 PM
Let's do it Lynxfx!

XBOX Dude
01-21-2002, 03:36 PM
yeah we could set up private rooms and play, would'nt it be weird to hear eachother talkin instead of postin and my name will probably be Xbox Dude since it's an xbox site unless you guys could think of a better one for me

DT21
01-21-2002, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by XBOX Dude
yeah we could set up private rooms and play, would'nt it be weird to hear eachother talkin instead of postin and my name will probably be Xbox Dude since it's an xbox site unless you guys could think of a better one for me
Talking? You can't talk yet when you're playing:(. Once the summer time comes, then you'll be able to trash talk all you want:).

Frostberg
01-21-2002, 04:13 PM
hmmm Xbox online. I dont know if I will buy that. It is going to be like $12.95 a month and then additional "packs" and stuff for more games...and I dsont know what other games I could play online other than Halo. I guess when the network comes out that more games will support it, but Im just cheap and would like to spend the money on other things, and if I can do it free like I am now, I see ever more of a reason not to sign up...but im sure later some really game will come out to fully use the network, but as of yet there arent really any games...I dont want to pay to play a basketball game against someone far away for $13 a month+package costs when I can play the AI forever for the price of the game...some MMORPG might change this tho...

i_dunno
01-21-2002, 04:18 PM
are there any other games that can go online? besides Halo.

l Maximus l
01-21-2002, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by i_dunno
are there any other games that can go online? besides Halo.

Tony Hawk 2x and Nascar Heat, with Halo, are on GameSpy at the moment :)

l Maximus l
01-21-2002, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by Lynxfx
Anyone interested in putting together a clan?

Dude, great idea! We should name a room "XBA anniliation" :D

Frostberg
01-21-2002, 04:45 PM
If only there was someone with a t1 or better to host...but as a "clan" it sucks because you can only get 4 xboxes up together

Alec
01-21-2002, 04:53 PM
My name will be Chaotic_Butcher

I always used that name, and i like it :)

And the idea of clan would be awesome, we should inform some th e Moderators about it and they might set up a webpage. :)

Alec
01-21-2002, 04:53 PM
My name will be Chaotic_Butcher

I always used that name, and i like it :)

And the idea of clan would be awesome, we should inform some th e Moderators about it and they might set up a webpage, just for the clan.