PDA

View Full Version : The Elite Gaming Championships London 2004

the-egc
07-01-2004, 08:45 AM
Anyone going ?

www.the-egc.com

Limited tickets now on sale, strictly first come, first served basis.

Please book early to avoid dissapointment!

Heres some info from the site:

This summer sees the launch of the Elite Gaming Championships, the biggest Xbox video games tournament to hit the UK!

This spectacular day comprises of LAN tournaments, gaming events, prizes, free gift and the following:

PLAY- Xbox * 10 = 40 gamers competing simultaneously!
SEE - 28" 4:3 Aspect Ratio display units - optimised for Video Gaming
CONNECT - 'LAN' 100Mbps Network
EXPERIENCE - 'Free play' game stations
HEAR - Roar of Enthusiasm from gaming crowds
INDULGE - And a lot more!
PLEASE NOTE: All participants are required to bring their own Xbox Controller(s)

'Free play' Game stations will be available for everyone to use in-between tournament rounds so 4 vs 4 gaming will be going on - very likely 8 Vs 8 too!

The site includes additional details about the event and what will be happening on the day. Remember the future of this event is for YOUR benefit, there are no other major Xbox only gaming events/Tournaments in London or the UK.

Unfortunately the UK is well behind the USA and most of Europe on gaming events like these. If we make this one a success we hope to get sponsors involved and make PRO gaming a real possibility with much bigger prizes etc.

Please book early to avoid dissapointment!

Duke
07-01-2004, 10:01 AM
Unfortunately the US is well behind the USA and most of Europe on gaming events like these.

I hate it when the US falls behind the USA.

ShaDovV RyDer
07-01-2004, 10:21 AM
haha thats wut i was thinkin dude...neways i hate that the only tourneys that the usa has are for Halo and most of them are like 3 states away from where im at...hopfully Halo2 will change that...tho as of now im content with the Clash tourneys where at least i can win a free game...thnx for the info

the-egc
07-16-2004, 10:38 AM
This event is now sponsored by Official Xbox magazine with over £500 to be won!

Duke
07-16-2004, 10:42 AM
This event is now sponsored by Official Xbox magazine with over £500 to be won!

A friend of mine might be going (lives in loughborough), but hasn't had an xbox since he moved over there and doesn't want to get spanked.