PDA

View Full Version : Halo online gaming clan signup info.

LynxFX
01-21-2002, 04:05 PM
This started from another thread but figured it probably deserved its own.

First some background info. For those of you that aren't familiar what a gaming clan is listen up. Basically a clan is a group of members that play together as a team and challenge other clans in tournaments or scrimmages etc. This really got big in the Quake II days and is now a major aspect of any online multiplayer game. I don't expect Halo to be any different. I also expect to see a huge surge in clans when MS goes online with it but it is probably a good idea to get organised and start practicing before that happens with Gamespy. I've already seen a few clans lurking in Gamespy but there hasn't been any real organization yet.

I personally have been in quite a few clans and not all of them have been successful. The ones that were successful in competition and in member moral were the ones that didn't base everything on winning but rather on having fun. So that is what I think this clan should be first and most. It should be fun. Worry about winning second.

The most important aspect of a member is commitment. You must be able to attend practices on a fairly regular basis and know how to be part of a team. In the past we usually had two practices a week and it was manditory to make at least one. The times and dates were spread out to help accomidate everyone's schedule. It worked pretty well.

If anyone is interested in participating in the [XBA] Halo clan then just jot down your info that I listed below.

--------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------

Email address?

Nick that you use for gaming?

Have you ever been in a clan before?
If so which ones and for what games?

What is your internet connection? DSL cable etc?

Would you have more than one person playing on your xbox?

What is your favorite mode of multiplayer gaming? CTF? Deathmatch? etc

Do you like to have fun? :D

Will you be buying the communicator?
if no, would you buy it if it was required for playing in the clan(assuming this thing works as good as it looks)?

Would you be interested in being a team leader or captain (more time consuming but more power ;) )?

Do you have web admin skills (not specifically designing but updating, maybe scripting)?

Could you make it to at least one practice a week?

What days and times can you play online?

Comments on what you would like to see happen or include:

l Maximus l
01-21-2002, 04:43 PM
Dude, all I know is that this is a bad ass idea! An XBA clan! Nice!!! Following are the answers to your questions:

Email address?

- I prefer to email this directly

- Maximus, of course :D

- No

- Cable

- Sometimes - up to three including myself, most likely

- CTF, Team Slayer, and Slayer (Every man for himself)

Do you like to have fun?

- Let me think about this one for a moment...hehe...Yes!

- Yes, definately

Would you be interested in being a team leader or captain (more time consuming but more power ;) )?

- Not at first...but, perhaps in the near future

Do you have web admin skills (not specifically designing but updating, maybe scripting)?

- None

- Yes

- Evenings after 6:00pm PST and weekends

- Some great strategies that are out-lined for specific courses including other combinations like Team Slayer, multi-vehicles, or single weapon scenarios

- Also, a great clan name...but, have it include XBA...here's two off the top of my head that I can propose: "Team XBA" or "XBA Anihilation"

Frostberg
01-21-2002, 04:57 PM
hmm but how can you have matches if you can only have 4 xboxes at once. Unless you want the clan to play each other so you always have someone to play with...but then still, its like you have 1 other teammate...unless you can get a bunch of people over

Msterrrr
01-21-2002, 05:05 PM
hey lynxfx
heres a site i came across may be some use to ya,,,,,,

http://www.xboxnow.com/index2%5B1%5D.htm

sign me up :eek:

DT21
01-21-2002, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by Frostberg
hmm but how can you have matches if you can only have 4 xboxes at once. Unless you want the clan to play each other so you always have someone to play with...but then still, its like you have 1 other teammate...unless you can get a bunch of people over
I would like to join, but Frostberg makes a good point. Still I think it could work out since we'll be practicing until online becomes available in the summer where more than 4 Xboxes could hook up.

l Maximus l
01-21-2002, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by DT21

I would like to join, but Frostberg makes a good point. Still I think it could work out since we'll be practicing until online becomes available in the summer where more than 4 Xboxes could hook up.

Yeah, I agree that it makes sense (what Frostberg stated)...but, we can also have a locked room and people that have joined or signed up could be given the password so we can play eachother or create teams and play against eachother this way... Just a thought

heartsxcarved
01-21-2002, 05:22 PM
hey, ill join.. i've always wanted to be in a halo clan!! yea!! Ill answer the questions in a few.....

heartsxcarved
01-21-2002, 05:26 PM
Email address?
-Wallsofshaihulud@hotmail.com
Usually Mikeo
-No
-Cable/Roadrunner
-Not in the clan, no
What is your favorite mode of multiplayer gaming?
- Slayer
Do you like to have fun?
-Who doesn't?
if no, would you buy it if it was required for playing in the clan(assuming this thing works as good as it looks)?
-How much is it?
Would you be interested in being a team leader or captain (more time consuming but more power )?
-Probably not, but maybe
-Nope
-Def.
-After school/evenings weekdays (weekends can get busy)
-I would like this to be a clan with nice people, not one of those clans that go around bragging that they are awesome and they will beat anyone in the world.

LynxFX
01-21-2002, 06:11 PM
Looks like we have some good interest so far.

Maximus,

I knew you would be the first to reply. :D

Frostberg,

That is a very good point but there is a mod to make gamespy allow more than 4 xboxs together. This would be great since all gaming I've done in the past (actual matches, not just goofing around) has been 5 vs 5 or 6 vs 6. This should be feasible. We would just need a killer host.

Here is the info on how to mod your gamespy config file:

But to make GameSpy allow 8 players online........
Find your gamespy arcade folder, open the "services" folder...
Look for another folder called "Xboxtunnel" open that and you will find a file called "svc.cfg"
Now open this file with word pad, then look a little bit down and change the max players to "8"
save this file!
Now go back to your gamespy arcade folder and open the profiles folder, inside you will find a "config.cfg" file open that with wordpad and look for a line like this "app_noupdates=0" change this to "app_noupdates=1"
save this file and reboot gamespy. Go into a channel and start a game with up to 8 players!

Remember I'm not responsible for any harm to yourself, computer/software.
This will probly make gamespy no longer auto update, please beware of this.

Msterrrr,

Excellent site, thank you.

Thanks to everyone else for the private messages and info. If there is anything else that anyone can think of then keep posts coming. I'm sure we can work out any kinks that come along.

Xtopia
01-21-2002, 06:20 PM
my xbox is not online yet:mad: I need some MAJOR help (hint..hint) but when its on (hopefully soon) I would love to join...Im new at the forums but Im pretty good at halo (least i think so) any way remember when i come crawlin to you beggin to join!

batman46st
01-21-2002, 06:58 PM
Email address?
batman4st@aol.com

batman46st or brklngama

no really
none
dsl
probably two
slayer your on your own
Do you like to have fun?
like everyone else who's alive
hell yeah

Would you be interested in being a team leader or captain (more time consuming but more power )?
if i deserve it
nope
yeah
mon-thurs 5
strategies and us on top i would hope other websites starts one too imagine us against team xbox forum people and stuff like dat that would rule..

team name? xba haze, xba anihilation,

batman46st
01-21-2002, 06:59 PM
baman46st@aol.com sorry guys

XBOX Dude
01-21-2002, 07:32 PM
**** this is gonna be so cool:D

www.DCB8408@cs.com

wolf84

yes clans: C&C and a delta force one both were the not so serious kind

getting direct tv dsl when xbox goes online

1-2 at tops

fav game Deathmatch and CTF of course

who wouldn't want to have fun:p

yep gettin a communicator "don't you get one for signing up?"

yes i'd like to be a leader i learned it in paintball and games

small web skills "i'm learnin"

no prob with practices

if you set a date and time 95% of the time i can make it.

I'd like to see fun but i also want some order to the chaos and i want my players to be able to think or change a plan as needed not drones, i also want captains and stuff promoted by skill and by teammates and make sure everybody is havin a good time. i'd alos like to make sure the only xba members can join or if a xba members wants somebody to join and we agree then it's co:p
man this is gonna be cool i can't wait

XBOX Dude
01-21-2002, 07:33 PM
here's another e-mail cause i'm on either one most of the time www.cdbraatz163@cs.com

Frostberg
01-21-2002, 08:01 PM
Just because It would be nice to count on a few guys to play with at a designated time...

Email address?
67017733@bellsouth.net

Frostberg

I guess you could say that, didnt really las that long tho

Halflife:TFC

DSL

Maybe, but because you guys would be oin the other side of the country it depends when these matches will be

I am super fond of Team KoTH just because me and my buddy havent lost yet...and we usually play at least every other day for 4 or so hours...also CTF, team slayer is alright but I dont like it as much because there isint any other stragety involved...like being sneaky to steal the flag or such...and good free for alls are always fun

Do you like to have fun?
No, I am Scrooge! Bah humbug! Actually I have fun whewn I am having fun, and thats fun for me!

Id buy it only if the voice quality is pretty good and it doesnt hurt your connection...

Would you be interested in being a team leader or captain (more time consuming but more power)?
Meh, that should go to the best person...strategic and points wise...maybe you dont want the best person to be the captain because it can be used as a decoy...

No...And I dont think you need to worry about a website yet...

Yep

3:45pm EST to whenever I go to sleep

I just basically want to have a place where I know I am gonna play. It is a pain to search for games and then have them not work because the host is crazy or people quit.

Frostberg
01-21-2002, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by Lynxfx

Frostberg,

That is a very good point but there is a mod to make gamespy allow more than 4 xboxs together. This would be great since all gaming I've done in the past (actual matches, not just goofing around) has been 5 vs 5 or 6 vs 6. This should be feasible. We would just need a killer host.

Ok yeah that is pretty nice...but just remember for every extra xbox, you greatly increase the upstream bandwidth required by the server, so the less xboxes the better, unless you have some killer connections!

kazual
01-21-2002, 08:10 PM
Please keep in mind that for the time being I don't have high speed internet and therefor there is no onlinegaming for me..

I should get high speed in the next month or two and will defently join the XBA clan! Clan gaming is all I have ever done on internet gaming and playing halo would be amazing clan style....

Email address?
kazual_@hotmail.com

kazual

Yes. Many.
Quake - MOC
EverQuest - Lor Mani
Starcraft / Brood Wars - Whoa
Dark Age of Camelot - Gudar Och Myter
Diablo 1 - KotRT
Diablo 2 - Lor Mani

56k atm.. Highspeed ( DSL I think) Within the next couple months

Yes, my brother.. but not when I want it :)

What is your favorite mode of multiplayer gaming? CTF?
Deathmatch? etc
No preferance.

Do you like to have fun?
Well, yeaah.

If many fellow clanmates use it, than its a must have for me.

If I deserve it.

No.

Defenetly.

Any time, any day.
Ownage :)

Msterrrr
01-21-2002, 09:31 PM
---------------heres my info:) --------------

Email address? ,,,, raptor336@hotmail.com

Nick that you use for gaming? ,,,,, Gattman

Have you ever been in a clan before? ,,,,,, no
If so which ones and for what games? ,,,,,,,

What is your internet connection? DSL cable etc? ,,,,,,,cable

Would you have more than one person playing on your xbox? ,,, not likely

What is your favorite mode of multiplayer gaming? CTF? Deathmatch? etc ,,,, team slayer,,, slayer,,,

Do you like to have fun? :-P

Will you be buying the communicator? ,,,for ctf it is needed,,, yes

Would you be interested in being a team leader or captain (more time consuming but more power )? ,,,,possible

Do you have web admin skills (not specifically designing but updating, maybe scripting)? ,,,some html,,, hosted web pages@ homestead

Could you make it to at least one practice a week? ,,,,yes

What days and times can you play online?,,,, evenings,,, eastern time zone,, weekends

LynxFX
01-23-2002, 11:30 AM
*Bump*

Seeing if there is any more interested that missed this the first go around.

I'll work on something more official this weekend with getting things organized and testing out that Gamespy hack. Otherwise it will be alot of two vs. two. :(

Devil
01-23-2002, 11:57 AM
Definately interested. Have joined a few groups through the tunnel but no organized calns as of yet.

Email address? mjndevils@yahoo.com

Nick that you use for gaming? Devil

Have you ever been in a clan before? No

What is your internet connection? DSL cable etc? Cable

Would you have more than one person playing on your xbox? Not usually

CTF

Do you like to have fun? Yes, too many anal pricks out there that are too serious

Will you be buying the communicator? Once it is proven to work well.

Would you be interested in being a team leader or captain (more time consuming but more power )? Possibly depending on my skill level compared witheveryone else. I play well but I am much better at strategy.

Do you have web admin skills (not specifically designing but updating, maybe scripting)? No

Could you make it to at least one practice a week? Yes

What days and times can you play online? Most nights after 10PMEST

Comments on what you would like to see happen or include:None yet

AVXbox
01-28-2002, 03:15 PM
Email address?-halounbeatable@hotmail.com

Nick that you use for gaming?-Unbeatable

Have you ever been in a clan before?-Yes
If so which ones and for what games?- Starcraft, HL-CS, Q3

What is your internet connection? DSL cable etc?-Cable

Would you have more than one person playing on your xbox?-Most of the time yes

What is your favorite mode of multiplayer gaming? CTF? Deathmatch? etc-Deathmatch and CTF the best

Do you like to have fun?-of course

Will you be buying the communicator?-of course

Would you be interested in being a team leader or captain (more time consuming but more power )?-Yes

Do you have web admin skills (not specifically designing but updating, maybe scripting)?-updating..do some at areaxbox.com also

Could you make it to at least one practice a week?-yes

What days and times can you play online?weekdays after 3:30 and whenever on the weekends

-A very social clan with forums and chats ect
-nice envirnment
-good participation(going on whenver you can)

JJaX
01-28-2002, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by Frostberg

Ok yeah that is pretty nice...but just remember for every extra xbox, you greatly increase the upstream bandwidth required by the server, so the less xboxes the better, unless you have some killer connections!

You CANNOT have more then 4 xboxes networked together with halo. Halo stops listening for more when 4 are present. You can however change a line in one of the gamespy config files to allow more then 4 users into the tunnel.

So in short, more then 4 boxes at once with halo, IMPOSSIBLE

*JJaX Burst the Bubble!

**PoP**

Frostberg
01-28-2002, 04:01 PM
See, thats why I thought gamespy only let 4 users in the room in the first place...the crack is only good then if you get that really nice server, and you get a few games going at once

LynxFX
01-28-2002, 04:09 PM
A really really good server. :p

But just to let people know that plans for an XBA clan are not just for Halo but any worthy game that comes up that we all end up getting. Halo is just the beginning. This is just a way to get members from the board connected and playing together against anyone that challenges us or just for a good game.

redrum237
01-28-2002, 06:15 PM
Dude that would be sweet, but i cant get online

I have dsl, but how much more for the other stuff

Whats the cheapest way to get the other stuff????

please help, this would be sweet.

:confused: :confused:

Shoua
01-29-2002, 02:57 PM
Email address? Shoua68@hotmail.com

Nick that you use for gaming? Shoua, Shouabie or Shouaberto

Have you ever been in a clan before? Yupperz
If so which ones and for what games? Quake 2, Counterstrike

What is your internet connection? DSL cable etc? Cable

Would you have more than one person playing on your xbox? Yup unless i have some friends over

What is your favorite mode of multiplayer gaming? CTF? Deathmatch? I like Deathmatch unless there is lots of peeps for cft

Do you like to have fun? You better beleive it

Will you be buying the communicator? Yup

Would you be interested in being a team leader or captain (more time consuming but more power )? Umm yeah i think so

Do you have web admin skills (not specifically designing but updating, maybe scripting)? Nope

Could you make it to at least one practice a week? Yup i could make one almost everyday

What days and times can you play online? Weekdays after 4:30pst and almost all weekends

- A fun Atmosphere
- A top notch team
- A lot of people

fanofslipknotib
01-30-2002, 11:55 AM
Email address?
dxfan1313@yahoo.com

My Gamespy name is Fanofslipknotibe

No
Cable

At MOST, 3, and thats including me, so two others.

What is your favorite mode of multiplayer gaming? CTF? Deathmatch?
Team Slayer and at least 3v3 CTF

Do you like to have fun?
Thats why I play

Yes

Not really

No

Yes

Weekends...and most of the time on weekdays.

fanofslipknotib
01-31-2002, 09:37 PM
so whats going on with this?