PDA

View Full Version : OXM for August

kenji
07-01-2004, 11:29 PM
I got my issue today, I thought that I would share the good news!

On the Cover:
Goldeneye: Rogue agent-Oddjob, Dr. No and Goldfinger--Playing with the bad guys never looked so good!

EA Sports on Xbox Live Revealed- The features, plans, and how you'll be playing online.

Conker: Live and Reloaded- Read all about the foulmouthed and amazing squirrel

Game of the Year Contenders Reviewed!- Chronicles of Rid****, Full Spectrum Warrior, NCAA Football 2005...

On the Disk:
Demos-
Sudeki
NBA Ballers
Freestyle Street Soccer
Wallace and Gromit in Project Zoo

Download Center-
Backward Wrestling
Dead Man's Hand
Hitman: Contracts
Manhunt
MotoGP 2
Red Dead Revolver
Secret Weapons Over Normandy

Video Showcase-
Behind the Scenes: Ghost Reacon 2
Conker: Live and Reloaded
Doom 3
Fable
Forza Motorsport
Jade Empire
Kameo
Mechassault II: Lone WOlf
Stars Wars: Republic Commando
Unreal Championship 2
Challenge: Name That Xbox Shooter
All I played was Sudeki, and it was slow, but the depth of what you can do with weapons, powers, and items were pretty amazing. Everything was real-time and you can switch in between 2 characters. Saw most video's, and Mechassault II looks amazing along with Fable and Jade Empire. Can't wait for all of those games! :cheers:

lax_defense
07-01-2004, 11:39 PM
I need to renew my subscription. That would be a smart thing to do.

No Fear 23
07-01-2004, 11:42 PM

me too

Darkside
07-02-2004, 12:08 AM
ok now I can't wait, I bet I'll get it friday It always comes on friday!

like the day I got out of school the July issues came. It was like a hooray your out for a few months present.

and sudeki I really want to get this game, but I need to know, is it really good, I mean does it have replay value

thrAsher
07-02-2004, 12:22 AM
Looks like I'll have to pick up this issue. Too much good stuff to peruse, especially the Sudeki demo. Any word on how long the demo is?

Duke
07-02-2004, 12:28 AM
Looks like I'll have to pick up this issue. Too much good stuff to peruse, especially the Sudeki demo. Any word on how long the demo is?

It's short. Very, very, short.

thrAsher
07-02-2004, 12:34 AM
It's short. Very, very, short.
:(

Maybe I'll just wait for the game then. It's still down for this month, the 20th is the latest streetdate I've seen.

Duke, did you (or anyone else) notice a choppy framerate? I've heard some talk about just that from some recent builds.

Duke
07-02-2004, 12:40 AM
:(

Maybe I'll just wait for the game then. It's still down for this month, the 20th is the latest streetdate I've seen.

Duke, did you (or anyone else) notice a choppy framerate? I've heard some talk about just that from some recent builds.

No, but then I was half asleep when I played it. Probably go through it again tomorrow to mess around w/ the different options a little bit more. Only played as one of the characters (well two if you count the boss battle at the end) as well.

Nato King
07-02-2004, 06:35 AM

Thanks Lax_defense for reminding me :bang: because I haven't got a OXM since GOD knows when. Don't they have a internet site I can go to. If so can someone post it thanks.

Angell
07-02-2004, 09:35 AM
Thanks Lax_defense for reminding me :bang: because I haven't got a OXM since GOD knows when. Don't they have a internet site I can go to. If so can someone post it thanks.

http://www.officialxboxmagazine.com/ :cheers:

Unreal
07-02-2004, 06:38 PM
I want the Sudeki demo :D Thanks for the heads-up...

AlphaCigara
07-02-2004, 07:06 PM
So how's Wallace and Gromit :D ?

blackiee2002
07-02-2004, 09:20 PM
what are the rumors on it?

DemonLoki
07-03-2004, 01:13 AM
The Videos are sweet, except the DOOM video was choppy, bad feed? or bad engine? :confused:

l Maximus l
07-03-2004, 11:49 AM
To me, the playables seem pretty weak...mainly because I'm not into RPGs. The video showcase looks pretty interesting...I haven't received my mag yet, so, I'll try not to come to permanent conclusions. I'll check it out regardless :)

echthroi
07-03-2004, 12:28 PM
...mainly because I'm not into RPGs.

Sacrilege!

l Maximus l
07-03-2004, 01:47 PM
Sacrilege!

lol, dude...yeah yeah yeah...They just seem too slow to me. I like fast paced action type games... shooters, racers, and anything that requires split second decisions. Games like Ninja Gaiden, Halo, Rallisport Challenge...those are my genres :)

Sigma
07-03-2004, 01:51 PM
I may buy this just for the Sudeki demo I have most of the videos on the E3 DVD. I have Sudeki on pre-order so I wanna give it a try before I drop the rest of my cash on it.

DemonLoki
07-04-2004, 12:51 AM
lol, dude...yeah yeah yeah...They just seem too slow to me. I like fast paced action type games... shooters, racers, and anything that requires split second decisions. Games like Ninja Gaiden, Halo, Rallisport Challenge...those are my genres :)

**** straight! Sudeki has some button mashing, but it has to be done slowly to pull of combos. The puzzle in the middle of demo bored the crap out of me, I turned it off, then played again to the end. It is so simple a monkey could do it, if the monkey didnt get bored too. The chick had shooting weapons, they all kinda sucked but 1st person shooting is nice change. This game is pretty slow, even the cinema bored me (cheesier than chucky cheeses).

l Maximus l
07-06-2004, 01:39 AM
(cheesier than chucky cheeses).

Damn, that's pretty cheesy! I mean, man, talk about busting out the big gun :yikes:

:rofl:

ShannonX
07-06-2004, 09:28 AM
I want the Sudeki demo :D Thanks for the heads-up...

FYI, your sig image doens't work. hosted by angle fire huh?

thrAsher
07-06-2004, 10:17 AM
I prefer games w/ a story, deep customization, and that require you to think beyond just 'twitch/twitch/twitch'. I mean, an FPS or a racer are fun for a diversion, but the kinda games I wanna invest my time in are definitely RPGs.

And to judge the entire game from a 15 minute long demo is ridiculous. If you hate it, you hate it. But that section was pretty early on, as characters were only level 5. I imagine it all picks up nicely from there, like any RPG: start slow to show off the mechanics of combat and such, then turn up the heat throughout the rest of the game.

And :rofl:...Halo is not a genre, Maximus. :whistle:

Gronok
07-06-2004, 03:40 PM
Yeah I got this Mag on july 6th 2004 Awesome. Especially Conker's, D00M 3, and Fable kick ass videos! And a good demo of Sudeki.

CMX Jedi
07-06-2004, 06:12 PM
i just got my subscription this should be the first one that gets here

RockTheCasba
07-06-2004, 08:58 PM
yah this is a sweet issue