PDA

View Full Version : Help with sidewinder trick

Sniper2
01-21-2002, 08:36 PM
Can someone tell me the best way too get onto the top of the map in sidewinder. I tried ramping off the tang but I'm not exactly sure where to put it and I've only gotten it twice out of like 20 tries. I need to be able to do it easily and quickly in a game. Also, What do you have to do to be able to shoot someone once you get up there? Thanks

Triplex
01-21-2002, 08:55 PM
My site tells ALL about it. Wait just 1 or 2 days, or email me at triplex_raid@hotmail.com, ill get you pics, directions, animations!

bonk
01-22-2002, 12:49 PM
Or you could just watch a movie of me doing it at halo.ibonk.com. It is very tricky to do it and requires 2 people (one to point the tank's gun and the other to ramp off). It may look easy, but you haven't seen how many times I fell off of it. While up there, you have to shoot over the edge. If you try to shoot through a wall, the shot will just disappear. It's the same thing with grenades. You'll understand once you get up there, it's kinda funky.

-bonk

Sniper2
01-22-2002, 04:19 PM
Well I have gotten it twice by myself so there must be several ways...

ibonk, how did u get the tank up to that part?

bonk
01-22-2002, 04:26 PM
I carefully drove it up the left side of the middle section. It took a while too, but after some effort, I figured it out. Let me see if I can explain it . . . Drive up the hills and on the last one or two, approach them from the left, driving as far forward as possible. Now slowly move to the right and you'll move up.

I don't think that there is any real way of getting to the top quickly to attack. I've thought about it many times but it's just too time consuming.

-bonk

Triplex
01-22-2002, 08:05 PM
ibonk, your doing it the wrong, wrong, hard way!

it only takes 1 person, i can do it. Why do you need two. PLus, it the easist hack ive done in halo. For the easy way wait a few days for our halo site to come up.

bonk
01-22-2002, 08:09 PM
Ok, I understand now. I got confused when your last thread was a new topic instead of a reply. Anyway, I guess I'll have to wait a couple of days.

-bonk

xboxman_1
01-22-2002, 08:16 PM
Just wait for our site to come out. You dont have to sit there with your 7-year-old cousin named bobby, moving the barrel a few degrees this way and that. It's not that hard. Me and Triplex have figured a secret technique, which will be revealed when the time comes.....until then, wait for tomorrow.

Triplex
01-22-2002, 08:23 PM
or the day after that.

How can you its time consuming??????? it takes me and xobxman 1 minute tops in a Lan game where they cant see us! And dont think its uselss getting up there, we got strategies for killing people, just wait and see!

bonk
01-22-2002, 08:38 PM
Ok ok, let's calm down here. The way I got up there was time consuming. I did not know of another way, but apparantly there is one that doesn't take long. I (just me) think it would be a bit difficult defeating other people from up above because you cannot shoot through the walls and have to stand on the edge (which can be hard to find) or throw grenades. I didn't mean to make you so angry.

-bonk

Sniper2
01-23-2002, 04:37 PM
triplex and xboxman1, I am very eager to see your fast way of doing this on your new site and I wish you would hurry up and get it posted but make sure it's good because you're gonna have a tough time making it look nicer than Bonk's website. Let me know when it's ready............