PDA

View Full Version : True Fantasy Live Online Dead? Maybe Not?

Hickboy
07-07-2004, 10:24 AM
Ok, bear with me here, Microsoft said they nixed it because there were too many out there, this is very true with PC but very not true with Xbox so I don't know what there talking about. Anyways how is this for a scenario, do you think they put the hush on TFLO because they want to use it as a release for Xbox2 and as there not intending backwards compatability that maybe there prepping it for use with Xbox2 technology. Maybe they have something up there sleeve. They could be so far from being finished it that they decided to do that. Or maybe it is really dead. I just had the thought on my mind so I thought I would share it. All in all pretty suspicious :watchout:

Cheers!
-Hick

Duke
07-07-2004, 10:36 AM
Well, they gave more reasons than that, that's for sure.

I do hope that it ends up an NextBox title, but the as of now, if it does, it probably won't come from MS. But who knows. Biggest disappointment gamewise for me in awhile.

ShaDovV RyDer
07-07-2004, 10:45 AM
ya i was really lookin forward to TFLO cause just everything about that game sounds like a dream...i mean living in a fantasy world where u ride dragon, broom, and even camels...then there are different coutries u can live in where u can have world wars...that was the best idea for a game i have heard in a long time...i hope that they put it on Xbox2 cause thats a game thats too good to kill

Sheeyt
07-07-2004, 10:54 AM
Actually there is talk of a new MMORPG coming from MS being the first game built on XNA technology. Its called Vanguard and will definately be on PC. J. Allard also said it would be on every platform that supports XNA which would be Xbox. I've also heard this game may be a huge reason why TFLO was cancelled.

Hickboy
07-07-2004, 11:34 AM
Actually there is talk of a new MMORPG coming from MS being the first game built on XNA technology. Its called Vanguard and will definately be on PC. J. Allard also said it would be on every platform that supports XNA which would be Xbox. I've also heard this game may be a huge reason why TFLO was cancelled.

You might be on to something here, I just looked at the Official Vanguard Site (http://www.vanguardsoh.com) and it is indeed MS, so we may have some hope for an MMORPG, and being made by former EQ staff might be a good sign as well, lets keep our fingers crossed. We could use a decent MMORPG on Xbox.

I just found this "The first concrete XNA title has already taken shape at Sigil Online Games where EverQuest veterans are preparing their next MMORPG. Vanguard: Saga of Heroes is going to be a Microsoft exclusive in which gamers are inserted into the same online universe whether they’re using the Xbox console or a Windows PC. Plus, the option of using an Xbox controller in addition to the standard keyboard and mouse should make this online game more versatile than any MMORPG before it. "

Variation-XBA
07-07-2004, 02:14 PM
Hrm... interesting... Cause Vanguard is going to be something special in the MMO scene next year....

Have they confirmed it for xb and pc?

Hickboy
07-07-2004, 02:25 PM
"1.8.1 Does this mean that Vanguard is a multi-platform game?

Vanguard has been announced as a Windows game. We remain open to the idea of taking advantage of future architectures, but nothing is written in stone. Certainly, Vanguard would not run on the existing Xbox platform."

Could be an Xbox2 thing I guess.

Variation-XBA
07-07-2004, 02:26 PM
"1.8.1 Does this mean that Vanguard is a multi-platform game?

Vanguard has been announced as a Windows game. We remain open to the idea of taking advantage of future architectures, but nothing is written in stone. Certainly, Vanguard would not run on the existing Xbox platform."

Could be an Xbox2 thing I guess.

Well there we go...and that all depends if XB is even comming next year, which I still have my doubts of..

Sheeyt
07-07-2004, 02:28 PM
It has potential.

Sheeyt
07-07-2004, 02:35 PM
The cool thing about the XNA **** is the fact that if Vanguard does appear on say Xbox 2, then Xbox 2 players will be able to play people on the PC via the XNA technology. Or if for some reason Sony decided to incorporate XNA into their next system and they signed on for Vanguard Xbox 2, PC, PS3 could all play eachother.

lax_defense
07-07-2004, 06:49 PM
It would be cool if it wasn't actually "dead." It was one of the rpgs i was looking forward to.

AlphaCigara
07-07-2004, 06:53 PM
This is the first i've heard of Vanguard, and damn is that a sexy lookin game! Screw TFLO, i'm really lookin forward to this one now :D

Variation-XBA
07-07-2004, 11:47 PM
The cool thing about the XNA **** is the fact that if Vanguard does appear on say Xbox 2, then Xbox 2 players will be able to play people on the PC via the XNA technology. Or if for some reason Sony decided to incorporate XNA into their next system and they signed on for Vanguard Xbox 2, PC, PS3 could all play eachother.

Sony's FFXI for PC and PS2 players all play together already. Its been done before..

Sheeyt
07-08-2004, 07:09 AM
Well good for Sony, but thats not the extent of XNA. XNA is going to offer a buttload more then Sony can.

TheCovenant
07-08-2004, 02:03 PM
yea, and xna offers design solutions that were unpresent just a few months ago.

Learning the code takes forever, but with xna, you start designing and prepping almost from the get go.

xbox incorporates xna which is a good thing. Its more of a developer thing though. TFLO was looking good but i didnt read up on it for awhile so this dead thing is news to me.

*steps through door marked "2004"*

anyways, vangaurd, TFLO. Im sorry, Fable and halo 2 are coming out soon, so its hard to get dissapointed. Unless fable ends up sucking, or halo 2 gets delayed...or sdomething, i cant get dissapointed.

But this vangaurd deal seems cool.