PDA

View Full Version : Which Game of July are you most looking forward to?

mrmp3
07-07-2004, 01:05 PM
This is going by EBGames.com release list. I know it's rarely correct but hey (excluding Sudeki and Combat Elite) all titles don't appear to be getting delayed anytime soon.

For me, it's a tough call. NCAA Football was absolutely amazing last year and in IMO was BETTER than Madden. The pitching, options, and tackling just made NCAA more fun. In NCAA I managed to see most of the new tackling animations and they looked painful as well. In Madden though, I often saw some terrible tackles with some speedy animation. However, I enjoyed Madden 01' and 03' a lot more than 02' and 04' so maybe it's an every other year thing. NCAA is gonna be XBL this year. I can't wait it's gonna be awesome as hell. At the same time though, I haven't played a good RPG in a long time. Tales of Symphonia looks fun on GC, but Sudeki looks fun and looks absolutely drop dead gorgeous. So for me it lies between those two.

Worms is good and fun except I suck so bad at it and I don't know why.

Samurai Warriors isn't worth $50 for the same game I've been playing since DW3. However, it's worth a few rentals and a $30 purchase later on.

Combat Elite is delayed though a new release date isn't announced, the game is finished. So I'm still hoping for a late July release.

So which games are you looking forward to the most?

Peepers
07-07-2004, 01:18 PM
I'm not really looking forward to any of them, and I would be truly surprised if I even found myself renting one of these games.

Chaotic
07-07-2004, 01:22 PM
NCAA 2005 for me

Nato King
07-07-2004, 01:38 PM
I am really looking forward for Sudeki I might wait maybe about 3 days after the release date before getting just to see what everybody else thinks about it Because I can save that $79.99 for Fable which comes out in two months. Yes I did say $79.99 that's why I hate bermuda because things are so expensive. Games are $49.99 in the states and $79.99 in bermuda that's why I buy all of my games away. Much Much cheaper.

Peepers
07-07-2004, 01:41 PM
I am really looking forward for Sudeki I might wait maybe about 3 days after the release date before getting just to see what everybody else thinks about it Because I can save that $79.99 for Fable which comes out in two months. Yes I did say $79.99 that's why I hate bermuda because things are so expensive. Games are $49.99 in the states and $79.99 in bermuda that's why I buy all of my games away. Much Much cheaper.

A Packer fan from Bermuda. The frigade clime of Lambeau Field must be quiet alien to you.

Nato King
07-07-2004, 01:47 PM
A Packer fan from Bermuda. The frigade clime of Lambeau Field must be quiet alien to you.

Let me tell you the story I always liked to watch the NFL on sunday afternoon but I never really had a team but when my cusin got merried and moved to wisconson I just had to support him so I said why not go with the packers and that was about 3 years ago and ever snice than I have been a packers fan also I have noticed last year that I am not the only one. lol :whistle:

Variation-XBA
07-07-2004, 02:11 PM
Sudeki is the only one I'm going to try out of those. I'll prob just put it in at work when we get it and see what people think.

Brutus
07-07-2004, 02:43 PM
Yeah. Sudeki is the only one that's looking good. Is it promising though?
Graphics "Umph" isn't enough to sell it. But at least we know that it's made using the Technical muscle of the Box. I'll give it a good run for it's money.

lax_defense
07-07-2004, 04:29 PM
Nothing of that list really interests me, but Sudeki looks best to me.

Ninjermy
07-07-2004, 04:47 PM
Sudeki of course. this game is gonna be awesome

Darkside
07-07-2004, 04:51 PM
Sudeki. Or maybe worms....
but I'll have to think about that one.

hebgbz
07-07-2004, 04:56 PM
None of them. Nor will I even rent any of them.

AlphaCigara
07-07-2004, 05:16 PM
I'm looking forward to Sudeki the most, next is Samurai Warriors. That game kicks all kinds of ass on the PS2, should be even better on xbox

CharlieHustle
07-07-2004, 06:04 PM
Im lookin foward to ncaa football. Even though i hate EA, their college football game has always been the perfect holdover until ESPN football drop. I havent heard much about sudeki, but i will make it my business to read about since i see they hype you guys are giving it.

mrmp3
07-07-2004, 10:54 PM
Yeah I got the new XBN today and they said excluding the controls on ESPN Football, it flat out knocks the s*it out of Madden. And for $30 less than Madden, I think I can handle iffy controls. Itll just take me a little while to get used to.

blonks
07-07-2004, 11:39 PM
I'm not really looking forward to any of them, and I would be truly surprised if I even found myself renting one of these games.

yeah me too... nothing id spend 50 bucks on :p

Peepers
07-08-2004, 01:41 AM
yeah me too... nothing id spend 50 bucks on :p

It's sad. Off the top of my head, I can't think of any noteworthy games to arrive in August either. I seriously doubt I'll buy a new release until Fable comes out--supposedly this September. Keep your fingers crossed.

l Maximus l
07-08-2004, 02:01 AM
Damn! Halo 2 wasn't on the list :(

mrmp3
07-08-2004, 11:50 AM
Is there anyway to edit the choices in the poll? ESPN was just announced to come out this month, thought I should put it on there.

MixMasta
07-08-2004, 12:36 PM
Is NCAA 2005 Live????

I'm probably gonna get Sudieki (Any live factors??)

And ESPN 2K5...usaully I don't buy sports games that often(like one football title ever 2 or 3 years,) because the values depreciate so quickly, but now that this one is only 20 bucks, that makes so much more sense. I can't come to spend 50 bucks each year on games that don't have massive updates, but 20 bucks is very reasonable in my opinon.

TheCovenant
07-08-2004, 02:14 PM
Sudeki, im not much of a sports gamer.

SUdeki has been in production for awhile now, and the video's look really fun. Its an rpg, with some cool new features, but it follows in the steps of the final fantasy series.

Less cg though, all the cinematics were fmv's from what ive seen.

The story is intriguing, even how it starts off like a disney movie and then gets darker.

It takes a lot of talent to make a nice little fantasy land, that still keeps adults interested.

Disney and pixar do this very well, along with dreamworks animation studio's.

For those of you who haven't seen Sudeki, or wonder why the hell im talking about Disney, here are some links to some Sudeki game play vids....and such.

scroll down until you see sudeki, there are quite a few trailers,demo's, and gameplay vid's. I guess since the game is coming out so soon, there is a lot of media available. (http://gametrailers.com/vault-s4.html)

TheHaloMafia
07-08-2004, 04:13 PM
Mix, NCAA IS Live. ANd thats the game I'm looking forward to. It looks to be even better than 2004, which is amazing.

RockTheCasba
07-08-2004, 04:40 PM
mine is a tie. Sudeki and Ncaa 05 i cant choose between the 2 they will both rack up hours of my life.

Unreal
07-08-2004, 09:13 PM
Thats my stance so far.

TheHaloMafia
07-08-2004, 09:21 PM
NCAA 2005 doesn't look good at all?

N1ghtM4r3
07-08-2004, 11:40 PM
ESPN 2k5

TheHaloMafia
07-09-2004, 12:00 AM
I'm not a big fan of ESPN 2k5. The running looks akward. The graphics don't seem as nice and the overall presentation I think is not as good as Madden.