PDA

View Full Version : Halo 2 Limited Edition: $39.99

MixMasta
07-07-2004, 01:51 PM
http://www.eCost.com/eCost/shop/detail.asp?DPNo=450826

If you haven't preordered it yet, do so now! It's like 15 bucks off I think, because I'm pretty sure the limited edition was at an MSRP of $54.99.

:cheers:

Variation-XBA
07-07-2004, 02:10 PM
Wow, nice price.

Darkside
07-07-2004, 02:30 PM
:bang: ARGGGG! :bang:

I the original Pre-order already.

and my parents will just say now :bang:

LiquidX
07-07-2004, 02:44 PM
I would much rather have mine at 12:01 on November 9th. I'll be waiting at Gamestop right after school Nov. 8th. Online things like this will take a while to get to you. And if they have to re-order for a second shipment it will take a lot longer. While your waitin im playing :).

lax_defense
07-07-2004, 04:27 PM
Mine says 42.99.

I probably won't get the LE anyway.

TuffEagle88
07-07-2004, 05:17 PM
hmmm, never heard of eCost, but sounds like a good deal. I'll probably end up getting it, but then I won't get it for a couple days after launch....hmmm

TheCovenant
07-07-2004, 05:34 PM
sweet got mine here....i was on my way to the mall too
:)

AlphaCigara
07-07-2004, 06:03 PM
The site now says 42.99, and even tho the slow (5-7 days) shipping is free, there's a 3.95 handling fee...meh, i'm with liquid, would rather pick mine up the day it comes out than have to wait for it :)

lax_defense
07-07-2004, 06:43 PM
Yeah- went up and 5-7 day shipping. Meh, I just reserved it at EB anyways.

Yankeez
07-07-2004, 08:42 PM
horrible reseller rating, Here (http://www.resellerratings.com/seller1932.html)

and id rather have mine the day it comes out :D

l Maximus l
07-07-2004, 09:16 PM
I'll be up at midnight getting my copy...I'd rather have it in my hands...but, thanks for the heads up!

MixMasta
07-07-2004, 09:41 PM
The site now says 42.99, and even tho the slow (5-7 days) shipping is free, there's a 3.95 handling fee...meh, i'm with liquid, would rather pick mine up the day it comes out than have to wait for it :)

There's something phishy with that 42.99 because earlier this morning it was 37.99.

But I'm with the others, even though I posted this, I'm gonna pick mine up in person on the night of its release.

LiquidX
07-07-2004, 09:44 PM
There's something phishy with that 42.99 because earlier this morning it was 37.99.

That whole site sounds fishy. A lot of their customers complained that they hid the UPS tracking order so you would never see when your package was going to arrive. One even said they wouldnt refund his money after the package never arrived. Theres pages and pages of complaints.

I wouldnt recommend buying from this place buy if you want to save the money you better hurry. This just got posted on HBO so the orders will be going quick.

l Maximus l
07-08-2004, 02:05 AM
That whole site sounds fishy. A lot of their customers complained that they hid the UPS tracking order so you would never see when your package was going to arrive. One even said they wouldnt refund his money after the package never arrived. Theres pages and pages of complaints.

I wouldnt recommend buying from this place buy if you want to save the money you better hurry. This just got posted on HBO so the orders will be going quick.

I generally won't ever buy a game unless it's a mainstream on-line retailer...it's just a good rule of thumb.

LiquidX
07-08-2004, 12:04 PM
I generally won't ever buy a game unless it's a mainstream on-line retailer...it's just a good rule of thumb.

I hear that. Only place Ive ever bought something online is Amazon, and that was only twice. 1. I hate to wait and 2. When I spend my money I want the product in one hand when the money leaves the other.

i'm with liquid, would rather pick mine up the day it comes out than have to wait for it

I'll drive you there if you can catch my car leaving the school parking lot Nov. 8th. Im gonna be there first in line with a Power Inverter, 20 inch TV, Xbox with 4 controllers, and Halo!

ShannonX
07-08-2004, 12:08 PM
to read about the company a bit and see its ratings in general.

http://www.resellerratings.com/seller1932.html

TheHaloMafia
07-08-2004, 12:10 PM
When I pre-ordered X-box Live and Mechassault, i got them THE day they came out. They ship out all the orders at once, so the shipment to the store takes the same as shipment to you home. If you get the good service (which I recommend). Got the game at liek ten in the morning. And why dont you guys just go to Gamestop or EB and preorder it there? I preordered my Special Edition already.

LiquidX
07-08-2004, 12:18 PM
When I pre-ordered X-box Live and Mechassault, i got them THE day they came out. They ship out all the orders at once, so the shipment to the store takes the same as shipment to you home. If you get the good service (which I recommend). Got the game at liek ten in the morning. And why dont you guys just go to Gamestop or EB and preorder it there? I preordered my Special Edition already.

If you pay for the good shipping then theres no deal. May actually be LOSING money. And you would still have to wait for the UPS/FedEx guy. They dont deliver at 12:01 AM. And Ive had my Halo 2 preorder at gamestop for months! Completely paid in full for the LE (except for taxes).

Off topic but oh well, Im hypnotized by your avatar. It ALMOST looks like theres some nipple in there :yikes:.

MixMasta
07-08-2004, 12:25 PM
Off topic but oh well, Im hypnotized by your avatar. It ALMOST looks like theres some nipple in there :yikes:.

What about my avatar?? Yah gotta love my avatar as well.

TheHaloMafia
07-08-2004, 12:28 PM
They're both nice. Wonder what kind of bra they're wearing... or lack there of.

TheHaloMafia
07-08-2004, 12:34 PM
The reason I ordered on-line was that I was pretty sick and could not drive. SO if you are bed-ridden, then tahts the way to go, but if not just pre-order at your local game store.

TheCovenant
07-08-2004, 01:39 PM
*right click*

*scroll*

*cancel order*

TheHaloMafia
07-08-2004, 04:09 PM
Ehhh...

TheCovenant
07-08-2004, 04:24 PM
i pre ordered my special edition.

10 bux.....its usually 5, but for some reason this time its ten.

whatevers, it not really lost money if its going towrds the game.

TheHaloMafia
07-08-2004, 04:26 PM
Its not. Its better to pre-order than to trust that when you get there, there will be a copy for you. Plus it doesn't cost anything extra.

Conchord
07-09-2004, 06:08 PM
I dont really need it...Ima just wait for Halo 2 on November 9th @ my Best Buy...its not like Ill never get to play it, and personally paying extra so I can play a game a few hours ahead of my neighbor isnt worth it...

TheHaloMafia
07-09-2004, 11:58 PM
Hey xbocks, its not extra. well i guess it depends on where you go but EB and Gamestop do not charge you extra. Also an interesting tidbit. I preordered ncaa football and my local gamestop is driving to the airport to pick up the preordered copies. so i will be getting my copy like a day early. I'll get my copy at about six pm on monday. HOORAY!

Ninjermy
07-10-2004, 12:19 AM
i dont understand why u guys want to preorder it. i mean come on, get it the day it comes out! like a true fan!!! thats the only way to do it. pull out them lawn chairs and blankets and get the coffee mugs, :D

TheHaloMafia
07-10-2004, 12:22 AM
I dont see whats the difference. You get when you get it. Its not costing you anything to guarantee yourself a copy. So its doesn't matter whcih way you do it. I jsut prefer to go to gamestop once and know that its there. not have the possibiblty that i'll have to drive around for the rest of the day. so its doesn't matter. plsu I wanted the limited edition one, so you know.

lax_defense
07-10-2004, 03:01 AM
i dont understand why u guys want to preorder it. i mean come on, get it the day it comes out! like a true fan!!! thats the only way to do it. pull out them lawn chairs and blankets and get the coffee mugs, :D

You could do that OR you could do what I'm gonna do and do that but have it preordered, just for the pride(or lack thereof...) of being the first one to get it!

CRAYMAN
07-12-2004, 03:24 PM
What about my avatar?? Yah gotta love my avatar as well.

It takes me twice as long to finish reading the responses.

It's like I hit a reading speed bump or something.

I'm not complaining....

amun837
07-31-2004, 08:18 PM
So say after a month or a few weeks when halo 2 is out, would you still be able to get the Limited Edition or is that just a once deal that won't come by again?

LiquidX
07-31-2004, 08:20 PM
So say after a month or a few weeks when halo 2 is out, would you still be able to get the Limited Edition or is that just a once deal that won't come by again?

Im pretty sure its a one time thing for Launch.

amun837
07-31-2004, 08:26 PM
damn.... almost every store I know of has it sold out already..... Mabye I'll just stick to the normal one i guess.....=\

LiquidX
07-31-2004, 08:29 PM
damn.... almost every store I know of has it sold out already..... Mabye I'll just stick to the normal one i guess.....=\

Im sure they will be all over eBay. The Gamestop guy who took my preorder said he has 4 LE's preordered for himself!

TuffEagle88
07-31-2004, 08:30 PM
DAMN ME AND MY DAMNED LAZINESS!!!!!!!!! I'll never get one now. :( unless I want to get raped on ebay.

amun837
07-31-2004, 08:31 PM
Well im still gonna look and see, mabye I can get a guy to hook me up with one illegally lol but really if i paid more attention a few months ago I could have pre-ordered the LE. I hope I can get it still....