PDA

View Full Version : starcraft: ghost, not only delayed, but a new team has been assigned to it as well...

TheCovenant
07-08-2004, 03:21 AM
New Ghost Developer
Just weeks after Nihilistic's departure, Blizzard announces a new developer for StarCraft: Ghost.

July 07, 2004 - Swingin' Ape Studios, of Metal Arms: Glitch in the System fame, has been appointed by Blizzard to henceforth develop StarCraft: Ghost, the oft delayed third-person action / adventure adaptation of Blizzard's acclaimed RTS franchise.

The news came as somewhat of a shock. Just two weeks earlier it was announced that Nihilistic, Ghost's former developer, would no longer be at the helm of the project. Nihilisti2c's departure was said to be the result of timing issues. Hours later Blizzard officially stated that the company would first "evaluate" potential third-party developers before ultimately deciding whether or not to finish the game in-house. That was one hell of an evaluation.

Not only will Swingin' Ape first finish development on StarCraft: Ghost, the agreement states that Swingin' Ape will in the future collaboratively develop multi-platform titles with Blizzard based off Blizzard licenses. This could mean more Diablo, Warcraft, and StarCraft for all platforms.

Mike Morhaime, Blizzard Entertainment president and co-founder:

"The team at Swingin' Ape Studios is a very talented group of developers with a proven ability to deliver extraordinary games. We're confident that this partnership will result in titles that achieve the level of quality that players have come to expect from Blizzard products."

No other new details regarding StarCraft: Ghost, its release date, or these other proposed products have been announced. As always, stay with us for information as it happens. And, if you're a Ghost fan, feel free to add the title to your watched list so that we might be able to email you the latest updates as they happen.

GOT LINK? (http://ps2.ign.com/articles/528/528918p1.html)

I dont know about this guys. A game that is developed by two studios and then supervised by blizzards remaining team members. COuld this be next years biggest let down? things are certainly looking grim for this game.....

Variation-XBA
07-08-2004, 04:13 AM
Duke Nukem Whenever anyone?

Sheeyt
07-08-2004, 07:04 AM
This is typical Blizzard though...

jelgiad
07-08-2004, 09:38 AM
This is typical Blizzard though...

Yeah, Blizzard said from the beginning that they were going to take over production if they werent happy with the results. Blizzard isnt going to let anything be put on the shelves if they arent totally satisfied with it.

TheCovenant
07-08-2004, 01:37 PM
Blizzard broke up a few months back.

Blizzard isnt the same anymore, and the fact that they aren't even developing this in house says somehting about the quality of this game.

Cryogenic Pyro
07-08-2004, 02:31 PM
Yea, other than maybe WoW(Not sure, since I didn't get into the beta) it seems Blizzard is going downhill fast. Half the good developers left and formed Flagship Studios, and I'm sure more left since then.

I was half-looking forward to this game, but now I don't know.

thrAsher
07-08-2004, 02:55 PM
Metal Arms rocked. Hopefully Swingin' Ape Studios can deliver, as I'd love to get a good Starcraft game on the X, and hopefully no later then next Spring.

*crosses fingers*

LTM360
07-08-2004, 03:26 PM
Swingin' Apes, developing a game... count me in! Metal Arms rocks.
:cheers:

Sigma
07-08-2004, 04:02 PM
I will stil check Ghost out im interested, but my hopes are no longer as high as they were when the title was announced.