PDA

View Full Version : OFFICIAL! ESPN coming a month early!

AlBoogy
07-08-2004, 10:15 AM
After a lot of speculation EBgames finally puts ESPN 2K5 at 7/20 (http://ebgames.com/ebx/product/243255.asp)

Thank god for downloadable rosters.

Xbox Owner
07-08-2004, 10:21 AM
EB Games, Gamestop, and IGN have all changed their release dates for this game to July 20th!...

http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/243255.asp
http://gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=210590
http://gamestore.ign.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=281022

Sheeyt
07-08-2004, 10:25 AM
Neato even better!

LTM360
07-08-2004, 10:31 AM
Holy Crap!
Ugh. So, do I get Rallisport Challenge 2, or save my money and get ESPN NFL 2K5. I might trade some more games in and get both... :)

Awesome though :cheers:

AlBoogy
07-08-2004, 10:37 AM
Funny how I posted it before you yet no one replied to mine.

mrmp3
07-08-2004, 11:46 AM
Are you serious?!? Wow, that is AMAZING. 7/20 or 7/21? This is tough for me. NCAA comes out the week before and the purpose of it was to hold me over till ESPN Football, I don't even know if I should buy NCAA, I might just stop playing it altogether once ESPN comes out. Looks like Sega really wants EA to lose big this year, and with all the amazing innovations and XBN saying how much better (excluding controls, but that's just a matter of opinion) ESPN is compared to Madden, looks like my $20 is going to ESPN.

It's just I haven't touched the 2k/ESPN series since 2k and 2k1 on Dcast. I tried 2k2 and 2k3 and just didn't like them compared to Madden, but I'm hoping this is the year I go back to the promised land that is Sega Sports.

Casper
07-08-2004, 12:33 PM
Funny how I posted it before you yet no one replied to mine.
What up slacker - peep our new site, we got 2 ladders for ESPN and NCAA football if you're interested :cool:

Yea, this is huge, no FPS' for me this summer, I suppose, I'll be extremely content with these 2 games...:hump:

CharlieHustle
07-08-2004, 12:52 PM
Im thinkin the same... I just put my money down for the college football game, and i dont even know if i should get it now. I could just use that money for sudeki instead, or Black arrow. But i am getting espn football, for sure.

lllusion
07-08-2004, 12:58 PM
haha this is awsome, i had pre-ordered my game yesterday too!

AlBoogy
07-08-2004, 01:13 PM
What up slacker - peep our new site, we got 2 ladders for ESPN and NCAA football if you're interested :cool:

Yea, this is huge, no FPS' for me this summer, I suppose, I'll be extremely content with these 2 games...:hump:

Im chillin man. I just registered at your clan council site if thats the one you are talking about. I know I slacked with last years ESPN. It will be different this time, I promise!

Soundscape
07-08-2004, 01:31 PM
this is great news. espn will be my first xbox game in quite a while.

Bakeman
07-08-2004, 05:22 PM
This is awsome news... I got the e-mail this morning from ebgames informing me of my pre-order :)

12 days!!! YES! Gonna be interesting to see the rosters. I hope they having a timely manner with the roster updates this year.

What I'm alittle worried about the sales of this game is that there hasn't been any advertising for it yet. I have not seen one commercial yet.

AlBoogy
07-08-2004, 06:49 PM
This is awsome news... I got the e-mail this morning from ebgames informing me of my pre-order :)

12 days!!! YES! Gonna be interesting to see the rosters. I hope they having a timely manner with the roster updates this year.

What I'm alittle worried about the sales of this game is that there hasn't been any advertising for it yet. I have not seen one commercial yet.

I dont think Ive seen any Madden commercials either. With take two on board though Im expecting more than one Tracy Morgan commercial. Although I hope he does one! WADDAA WADDAA WAAAAAAAAAAAA

Bakeman
07-08-2004, 07:51 PM
I thought I have seen one for Madden 2005, but I can't totally remember now.

borka105
07-09-2004, 10:09 AM
tons of madden commercials during the NFL Draft..PLus, during this new Sportscenter segment about video games..

and like Illusion said, I was all ready to drop my $50 for NCAA on the 11th, but with ESPN coming out so soon, I may have to reconsider..

if I want to be good at the game, I'll probably have to invest all my time into 1 of the 2... and the NFL IMO is so much better than the NCAA...

-borka105