PDA

View Full Version : B.C. sequel goes live!

XboxGamers
07-09-2004, 05:17 PM
BC LIVES!! :yikes:

http://www.eurogamer.net

http://www.eurogamer.net/assets/articles/a56009/a_med_IntrepidGamesBC_shot.jpg

Intrepid Games has confirmed that it plans to develop a sequel to ambitious Xbox action-adventure title B.C., and that one of the sequel's key features will be multiplayer on Xbox Live.

Asked whether the developer had any plans for a sequel, perhaps including multiplayer, Intrepid's Joe Rider told Eurogamer, "B.C. will make a fantastic multiplayer game. We already have plans for a feature-rich multiplayer sequel for future development."

Rider also confirmed that B.C. is still on track for release later this year, and that the team hopes to deliver it without having to compromise their original vision. "A number of really cool features have already been slated for inclusion in the sequel development simply for the reason that not enough time is available to complete our entire wish list for this game," he said.

B.C., which is in development at Intrepid in association with Lionhead Studios exclusively for Xbox, is an extremely ambitious project that tasks players with guiding the development of a group of tribesmen in a prehistoric era, boasting some impressively adaptive learning AI and loosely structured sandbox-style gameplay.

Check back next week for more on B.C.'s development.

E Nomini Patri
07-09-2004, 06:07 PM
I hope the first one kicks ass!

armyof_one/ltd
07-09-2004, 06:08 PM
Just a question

Did the first one come out yet?

Bakeman
07-09-2004, 06:20 PM
No the first isn't even out yet. It's been in development for years now. And they are giving us news of a sequel that's going to be on XBL. This is extremely strange. I can't wait for the first one to come out. I'm not even excited about this news. Can't be excited about a sequel to a game that I don't know if I like or not.

Variation-XBA
07-09-2004, 07:36 PM
I thought BC was pushed till next year?
Kinda odd, gicing a sequal before part 1 is out... :P

thrAsher
07-09-2004, 07:44 PM
Check the front page for more news of the same, kiddoes, and feel free to reply there.

I find this to be good news. Hopefully Intrepid has decided to polish up what they have, release it to their somewhat rabid fans (ie: ME), and get onto doing B.C. II for the NextBox ASAP.

This game is one of the very reasons I opted to buy an Xbox and not a PS2. So, Intrepid dudes, if you're reading this, HELP A BROTHER OUT and finish this much, much anticipated game. Prove to the PC crowd that the Xbox console can deliver more than sub-par FPSes.

:)