PDA

View Full Version : Problem with NBA inside drive...will u still get it?

BORNGD
01-22-2002, 11:22 AM
there is no franchise mode according to www.videogames.com

i love that feature, in a sports game, besides the gameplay and stuff, that feature has to be there! its fun to continue seasons and trades and free agents and so on...u guys still gonna get this? i am having serious second doubts now

l Maximus l
01-22-2002, 11:31 AM
I hate to admit this, but, I have never been a hardcore NBA gamer... My brother ended up purchasing NBA Live 2002 for me on Christmas. He hasn't played very much XBox and isn't much of a gamer since he lost confidence in video game companies due to the screwed up days of Nintendo and the disappointments that came with the N64. But, he was so excited to open this game up and was proud of the purchase...so, I had no option to return it since I heard that it wasn't all that great.

I actually enjoy the game...but, can anyone blame me for not opening it? lol...my brother, who bought this game for me and was so proud and excited about giving it to me? I couldn't deny him...so we broke the seal and started playing it. My brother and I are very tight...he's only one year younger than me. I'm 26 and he's 25....but, since I have this game, I probably will end up buying NBA Inside Drive anyhow, regardless of this franchise function lacking. It is my sincere belief that Microsoft made this game with the XBox in mind. And, because of this, it is, most-likely, going to be a solid title.

I opened my mind before I purchased Amped: Freestyle Snowboarding. I remember being a little disgruntled before buying it because it didn't have a racing mode on it. But, after buying it...even without this function, I am EXTREMELY happy for buying Amped. I have hopes that NBA Inside Drive will provide the same kind of situation. Besides, I plan on buying all Microsoft published titles except for Fuzion Frenzy since I am not a fan of party games.

Caspel
01-22-2002, 11:33 AM
Well think of it like Raw, I hear that their is no story mode or championship like mode. There are always great games without franchise modes and dynasty type characteristics.

But it looks great to me.

DT21
01-22-2002, 12:51 PM
I'm still getting it even if there's no Create a player or Franchise mode. Just look at the graphics man!

fanofslipknotib
01-22-2002, 01:04 PM
Anyone know if it's in stores today(1/22)?