PDA

View Full Version : Take 2 says no gta3 for xbox yet

sinizuh
01-22-2002, 02:23 PM
TAKE-TWO DISPELLS XBOX GTA3 IN MAY RUMOUR

Rumours on the 'net are rife about the hit PS2 game coming to Microsoft's console in May, but do they hold water? They're leaking like a stuck pig, according to publisher Take-Two

13:53 Sure as eggs are eggs, PS2 owners must be s******ing to themselves in the dark recesses of their bedroom corners when they hear the euphoric cries from owners of other next gen machines about the arrival of GTA 3 on their chosen console. The crime-based smash has been out on Sony's box since October 2001, and the nearest sniff any other hardware has had is the news that it will be out on PC in either April or May this year.
Rumours about the imminent arrival of an Xbox version have stemmed from the fact that e-commerce site Amazon.co.uk is allowing you to pre-order Grand Theft Auto 3 for its arrival in May 2002. On Xbox. Apparently. However, according to Take-Two, an Xbox version doesn't currently exist in any official form.

"GTA 3 was a massive hit on PlayStation 2, and it seems that people are simply expecting it to appear on other next-generation platforms," a spokesperson for the publisher told us today. "At the moment we're concentrating on the PC version of Grand Theft Auto 3, which we're aiming to have out in April or May this year." So how about the rumoured Xbox version? "There's simply nothing to talk about at this time," the spokesperson said.

While this doesn't necessarily mean that GTA 3 won't be coming to Xbox at some point, it looks as though Amazon.co.uk's date of 31st May 2002 could be a tad optimistic.

well, there you go.

Ninja Scroll
01-22-2002, 02:30 PM
yaaaaaaaaaaawn, im so sick of the crying over this game!!!:mad:

wizkid918
01-22-2002, 02:31 PM
there ya go nothing
if your patient it will come
besides he basically gave a no comment about it, just saying that it will be bigger and better when it gets here, if it wasnt coming then he would of flat out said it so those people that are waiting on a console for solely that game would go buy their PoS2 and GTA3, they wouldnt leave them out to dry

l Maximus l
01-22-2002, 02:33 PM
Dudes...this is business marketing at it's best! lol...no comments at this time? lol...Think about it...I see it all the time in the business world...

When Take 2 Interactive announces Grand Theft Auto on XBox, don't be surprised if you see GTA4 instead :D

sinizuh
01-22-2002, 02:33 PM
i just give the news... i don't get emtionaly attached to it...

BiohazardEHW
01-22-2002, 04:29 PM
Too bad Take Two isnt making GTA3 for Xbox...DMA Designs is, buddy :)

xBoXGaMeR2002
01-22-2002, 04:40 PM
Too bad I'll be too busy playing Morrowind, Brute Force, Halo online, and Wreckless to worry about GTA3.

IF YOU WANT THIS GAME SOO BAD, go waste your money on a PoS2 and stop crying.

Toonz
01-22-2002, 05:04 PM
I hate ports anyways. If I wanted PS2 games I would go buy a PS2.

l Maximus l
01-22-2002, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by Toonz
I hate ports anyways. If I wanted PS2 games I would go buy a PS2.

I agree. I want games that have the XBox in mind :)

ianm18301
01-22-2002, 05:21 PM
well as big of a xbox(halo,project gotham,max payne) fan i am if xbox doesnt come out with MGSX and GTA3 i may have to consider a console change,as much as i dread it,those 2 games are a reason to buy the system,i played both today,both are endless fun.I AM NOT A FAN BOY,I DEEPLY LOVE THE XBOX AND ITS POWER,BUT BILL NEEDS TO SPEND HIS **** MOONEY TO GET THESE GAMES!

xBoXGaMeR2002
01-22-2002, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by ianm18301
well as big of a xbox(halo,project gotham,max payne) fan i am if xbox doesnt come out with MGSX and GTA3 i may have to consider a console change,as much as i dread it,those 2 games are a reason to buy the system,i played both today,both are endless fun.I AM NOT A FAN BOY,I DEEPLY LOVE THE XBOX AND ITS POWER,BUT BILL NEEDS TO SPEND HIS **** MOONEY TO GET THESE GAMES!

MWAHAHAHAHAHA, do your little console change and get a little pos2, but when X-Box has all the new and exclusive games, you'll be sorry you did.

Just my 0.01 (i lost the other cent :()

BLunted
01-22-2002, 05:57 PM
don't forget, it's coming to the PC in April, and PC version will be the best version of the 3 systems hands down. playing in 1600x1200, mods galore, potential muliplayer(not announced yet, but 2 previous versions had it) be able to convert mp3 into the game, possibilities are endless for the PC version.

l Maximus l
01-22-2002, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by BiohazardEHW
Too bad Take Two isnt making GTA3 for Xbox...DMA Designs is, buddy :)

As I mentioned before, Take2Interactive is the company that does the PR for Rockstar...that is why I carefully constructed my sentence that you replied to in a way that demonstrates that they do the PR by using the word "announces" the release of GTA3.

preetz16
01-22-2002, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by ianm18301
BILL NEEDS TO SPEND HIS **** MOONEY TO GET THESE GAMES!

**** Straight. First relize that I am loyal to no console or gaming company. Actually I use a Mac avidly and despise Micro$oft. However the entire reason that I bought the Xbox was because I KNEW that:

1. Microsoft was serious about getting into gaming.
2. The power of the Xbox blew everything else out of the water.
3. I saw, and still see, enormous potential in what it could do.
4. OS contact was minimal so I didn't have to worry about the utter **** that is Windows.

but most importantly...

[B}5. I knew that Bill Gates would use his $$ to influence game makers and bring games to the console[/B]

So I asked myself, Do I want to get a gamecube and miss out on these great games that will inevitably come for Xbox, and only for Xbox, or do I want to actually get an Xbox and gain access to these games. The choice was pretty easy. But I couldn't agree more, Bill needs to start throwing his money around a little to ensure his console is a big success. I also agree with others on this forum that it is coming. In fact I believe that it will be announced soon, and I think that the release date will surprise some people...

~PReetz16

BiohazardEHW
01-22-2002, 09:19 PM
Well nonetheless, GTA3 WILL come to Xbox, so whut the ***** up and wait already, play Wreckless (when it comes out on feb 6th) or Morrowind (feb 16th) like I will be.

Funny thing is...people probably spend more time whining about MGS2 than they will spend playing it...its a single player game thats way too linear, and that means basically no replay value. The game isnt that good anyway...

Heyyoudvd
01-22-2002, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by BiohazardEHW
Well nonetheless, GTA3 WILL come to Xbox, so whut the ***** up and wait already, play Wreckless (when it comes out on feb 6th) or Morrowind (feb 16th) like I will be.

Funny thing is...people probably spend more time whining about MGS2 than they will spend playing it...its a single player game thats way too linear, and that means basically no replay value. The game isnt that good anyway...

But when MGSX comes to Xbox, it'll be one of the greatest games of all time... :rolleyes:

arnie
01-22-2002, 10:16 PM
patience is a virtue everybody.
wait, and be patient.
marketing schemes sounds about right.
MGSX will be awesome, no one can be that stpid to let a great game like that and GTA3 (4???) they would loose a lot of possible revenue. Bill (Gate$) is not that stupid, obviously.

sinizuh
01-23-2002, 12:04 AM
wreckless isn't going to worth $60 and morrowind will be delayed...

*notices alot of stupid ass remarks in his thread*

:P