PDA

View Full Version : Splinter Cell:Chaos Theory, on Xbox this Holiday Season!

Koopa
07-13-2004, 03:48 PM
Ubisoft announced today that Splinter Cell 3 (working title), the third title in the Splinter Cell franchise, will officially be called Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Chaos Theory. In addition to the PC, the game will be available on the Xbox video game system from Microsoft for Holiday 2004, as well as on the N-Gage platform, published by Gameloft. Details on other platforms will be forthcoming.

The game, which debuted to massive buzz and won numerous awards at the recent E3 Expo in Los Angeles, including official show awards for Best PC Game, Best Action Adventure Game, and a Special Commendation for Graphics, is expected to be one of the year's most talked-about titles. The first Xbox screenshots and hands-on details of the game may be found in the August issue of Game Informer Magazine, on stands next week.

With Splinter Cell Chaos Theory, Ubisoft's celebrated Montreal development studio continues to push the interactive and technological possibilities of video gaming, returning to the legendary Splinter Cell franchise for an action gaming breakthrough. The game will offer a completely new gameplay experience, exemplified by a totally open level design, a completely immersive and interactive environment, and advanced AI in which enemies are aware of their environment and remember past events, making them smarter and even more dangerous. In addition, it will offer the best graphics in this generation of games and a unique, collaborative multiplayer experience. Splinter Cell Chaos Theory's features -- all courtesy of cutting edge visual and sound technologies -- will set an industry benchmark once again.

"Splinter Cell titles have been huge hits on all platforms, and we're thrilled to deliver the latest, greatest installment, Splinter Cell Chaos Theory, to both PC and Xbox gamers in time for the Holiday season!" said Tony Kee, vice president of marketing for Ubisoft. "Both single- and multiplayer elements of the game enjoyed a stellar reception at E3, and we know that Splinter Cell Chaos Theory will be at the top of every player's must-have list this year as it offers a completely new kind of gaming experience, and, with the unbeatable combination of Ubisoft's technological prowess and visionary creativity, it will be the best-looking game on any platform."

Today, Ubisoft has released the first 3D screenshots of Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Chaos Theory using Apple's QuickTime VR technology. Check the links below to download the movies. QuickTime media player is required; if you don't have QuickTime installed on your computer, visit Apple's QuickTime site to download a free copy of the player.

http://media.teamxbox.com/games/ss/948/1089733129.jpg

3d Screen (http://media.teamxbox.com/games/sc3/sc3_knife_01_vr.mov)

i love how people are catching on to bungie's idea of 3d screens :D
anyway this game looks fantastic. i was gonna get it on pc because i thought itd come out first (at least thats what the buzz was from e3) but ive always liked xbox controls better....the pc demo of pandora was too wierd trying to control after having beaten splintercell 1 on xbox :cool:

man..this winter i gotta get mechassault2, halo2, conker's bfd, and now this?! not to mention half life 2 possibly, and any other gc/gba games that might come out.

SPARTAN VI
07-13-2004, 03:56 PM
i love how people are catching on to bungie's idea of 3d screens :D
anyway this game looks fantastic. i was gonna get it on pc because i thought itd come out first (at least thats what the buzz was from e3) but ive always liked xbox controls better....the pc demo of pandora was too wierd trying to control after having beaten splintercell 1 on xbox :cool:

man..this winter i gotta get mechassault2, halo2, conker's bfd, and now this?! not to mention half life 2 possibly, and any other gc/gba games that might come out.

Nice 3d screen.. but what a crappy site for it to be hosted at. :rolleyes:

Anyhow (if any of you saw the e3 trailers/demos) it's pretty neat how Sam sneaks up on his prey this time around. As he gets closer to the enemy, he takes lighter steps, and will reach for his knife. Neat stuff. :)

Variation-XBA
07-13-2004, 11:27 PM
Looking good, I sure hope part3 makes it by xmas :)

They said whats going to be different in multiplayer this time (not co-op)?

shrew king
07-14-2004, 04:30 AM
We need an online campaign.

This looks better than the previous, hopefully it's more realistic than the last two.

mercenary_wolf
07-14-2004, 06:58 AM
This game lookes awsome I was and still am in love with Pandora Tomorrow this is taunting me seeing it but not having it, this year I pre-orderd the following: SC3, Fable, Halo 2 and True Fantasy Online.

severd hed
07-14-2004, 07:51 AM
guess i better hurry up and finish pandora tomorrow

CarGuy
07-14-2004, 08:59 AM
Since there's going to be a drastic change in game play, I really hope they fix the voice acting in this one. Pandora Tommorrow had the same three gay voice acters for all the guards...

Spaztic
07-14-2004, 09:09 AM
dosn't it seem that they are just pumping these games out???

Sheeyt
07-14-2004, 09:23 AM
Shaggy Ubi Montreal is able to crank this game out because they've been free to develop it for the last 2 years. Ubi Soft Shanghi developed SC: PT for this very reason. They wanted to give us gamers a new SC game with online capabilities but didn't intend to improve much on the single. So they let Shanghi develop the game, so Ubi Montreal (the best of all) completely focus on redefining everything that was great about SC1 and combining it with what Shanghi did on PT. Don't think they are just pushing these games out unfinished. Montreal has been working on this game for some time.

Darkside
07-14-2004, 09:27 AM
This game lookes awsome I was and still am in love with Pandora Tomorrow this is taunting me seeing it but not having it, this year I pre-orderd the following: SC3, Fable, Halo 2 and True Fantasy Online.

You Do know that True Fantasy Live Online Has been cancelled as of now. RIGHT?

SoundX
07-14-2004, 09:50 AM
Woah, I like the 3D shot. First non-halo 3D shot?

Anyway, it's cool that this is coming out so soon. But does the same apply for UK? Hopefuly it does, because it would be stupid to miss the holliday season.

pvsurfer03
07-14-2004, 04:25 PM
Looks sweet