PDA

View Full Version : Rally Sport Challenge 1 or Collin Mcrae Rally 04

David Luckey
07-14-2004, 04:14 AM
I personally prefer Collin Mcrae Rally 04 due to the realism, physical damage, and how you can actually damage your car, and the extent to which you can do so.
Hit a rock or sharp object with a tire, it pops and changes your handling and traction. Hit a bump too hard, too fast it will mess up your suspension. Windows break, and the body/crash damage is so detailed.

The handling of the CMR04 is better, in my opinion than RSC1. I also like the setup of the game's menus and such, and the service area where you much choose what is more important to repair is pretty cool, as well.

I think it is also just the basic feel of the game-Rally Sport Challenge is fun, but in my mind CMR04 is better. I am looking forward to CMR05, and I am going to get RSC2

severd hed
07-14-2004, 07:31 AM
i never really cared for the colin mcrae games..or any other simulation style racers..i prefer the arcade style racers. that being said, i much prefer rallisport challenge.

TheWheelMan
07-14-2004, 09:45 AM
I had colin mcrae rally 1 and 02 on the ps1 and i tryed colin mcrae 3 on the xbox and i actually thought 3 was better then 04 i thought 04 sucked soo bad the damage modelling was a load of crap and the enviroments were just to bright and fake looking the 3rd one was pretty awesome the damage in that one was pretty sweet but anyway id have to go with rallisport challenge over 04 and i really gotta try rallisport challenge 2 :hump:

SoundX
07-14-2004, 09:53 AM
I found the colin games too realistic if you know what I mean. No fun at all, pritty dull if you ask me.

Rallisports has the most important elements of Colin Mcrae (car tweaking, damage ect.) and has put it in a much more alive, arcade style situation. Alot more fun. :)

TheWheelMan
07-14-2004, 09:55 AM
i enjoyed the hell outta 1,02 and 3 i just hated 04