PDA

View Full Version : Hardware problems

jcroynhp
01-22-2002, 04:44 PM
My xbox died today. If I could get Bill Gates alone for 5 minutes, I would punch him repeatedly in the throat! It sounds like something with the **** hard drive. I am returning it tomorrow for replacement. Has anyone else had or heard of issues like this or similar? I am curious. THanks for letting me vent xbox addict.

Infinite
01-22-2002, 04:50 PM
whys it allways the people with 1 post that there "xbox dies".....

If my xbox died I wouldnt go online and sign up with a msg board to tell others and not ask people what to do....

hmmmmm...

I smell...I smell.....

batman46st
01-22-2002, 04:56 PM
its a playstation 2 right u lier i bet u dont even have an xbox i have had mine since the15th nothing wrong with it all u newbies bent on distroying xboxs good name i wish i had u all for 5 mins n i dont hit in the throat i fight duuuuuuurty :mad:

jcroynhp
01-22-2002, 05:14 PM
OK morons. First off, I am not a newbie, I've had the xbox since it came out. Secondly, I was looking for information about fixing it. And third, i am getting it replaced. I'm not trading it in for a ***station or a queercube. Thanks a lot for your useless information. Go back and play some Fuzion Frenzy you mindless assbags. And I am not insulting the xbox. It rocks. I just wish that companies would ship products that don't break 2 months into their life cycle.

l Maximus l
01-22-2002, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by jcroynhp
OK morons. First off, I am not a newbie, I've had the xbox since it came out. Secondly, I was looking for information about fixing it. And third, i am getting it replaced. I'm not trading it in for a ***station or a queercube. Thanks a lot for your useless information. Go back and play some Fuzion Frenzy you mindless assbags. And I am not insulting the xbox. It rocks. I just wish that companies would ship products that don't break 2 months into their life cycle.

Dude....first, pull your panties out of your ass crack and listen up for a moment. We have had several idiots come in here that only have one or two posts that have created mindless posts just to advertise that their XBox died. Not once has there been a person on here that has had a significant amount of posts ever make a claim. So, what my fellow XBoxaddict buddies are telling you is completely justified. Stick around for a few hundred posts and then tell us what happened...that is if you don't want to be "corrupted" in actually owning an XBox :rolleyes:

jcroynhp
01-22-2002, 05:36 PM
Another really helpful tid bit. Thanks. I am sure that will help me get the xbox working again!

gula
01-22-2002, 05:41 PM
Another really helpful tid bit. Thanks. I am sure that will help me get the xbox working again!

HE WAS TALKING ABOUT A NEWBIE TO THIS BOARD....

and....

JUST SHUT THE **** UP AND RETURN YOUR XBOX ALREADY AND ****ING REPLACE IT ALREADY!

ahh, there we go :rolleyes:

jcroynhp
01-22-2002, 05:55 PM
OK guys enuff! Now, does anyone know if there is a way to get the data off of my hard drive and store it so that I can copy it back to my new xbox? Maybe the ethernet port somehow? I really don't want to have to buy a memory card, and I won't be able to fit that much on there, i'm sure.

l Maximus l
01-22-2002, 05:59 PM
OK guys enuff! Now, does anyone know if there is a way to get the data off of my hard drive and store it so that I can copy it back to my new xbox? Maybe the ethernet port somehow? I really don't want to have to buy a memory card, and I won't be able to fit that much on there, i'm sure.

Just call 1-800-4MY-XBOX and they should be able to help you with that question. None of us here have endured any XBox tragedies, therefore, none of us have any experience for that. Perhaps, someone at XBox will know. Hope that helps.

Hugh_Jass
01-22-2002, 07:08 PM
Go back and play some Fuzion Frenzy you mindless assbags.

This gets my nomination for quote of the year. :D

wizkid918
01-22-2002, 07:28 PM
there ya go, any true xboxer would know that it has already been tried to dupe the hard drive for say a 40gig, and guess what it didnt work, so it looks like your SOL, almost sounds like you deserve a PoS2 anyways...

gula
01-22-2002, 07:33 PM

The only way I can think of (if it works) is you use a memory card.

batman46st
01-22-2002, 08:15 PM
infact let me go play it right now yep feels good to have an xbox tha works i dont have to wait for nothing or no one.

jcroynhp dude wanna join me oh wait thats right your xbox broke. ah well tuff luck dude lata!

skoot182
01-22-2002, 08:42 PM
Mindless Assbags?!?!?!?!?

I gotta use that!!!

Frostberg
01-22-2002, 08:55 PM
1st The memory card is quite large enough to back up your games...of course if you have a larger than normal amount of game saves then maybe not...but it should be enough...if you dont want to pay so much buy a 3rd party one.
2nd I want to know what a assbag is
3rd...Maximus remember when I said Linksys stuff was sold at kmart and you cant buy quality at kmart? well Linksys has been upgraded in my books because kmart declared bankrupcy!
4th I really hate kmart
5th ok some did have a little caesars, that was pretty cool...
6th why did it sell pasta and stuff? shouldnt sell that inside a kmart...
7th Id like to see anyone try to harm billy just to see how fast his security forces and body guards and stuff handle them..
8th How about them headlines..."Richest man in the world punched by stupidest and now deadest man in the world"
9th My Xboxed died...O no it didnt...and prolly 98% of the people who say their xbox died is just a lying, silly confused PS2 or GC fanboy trying to give the X a bad reputation...
10th assbuckets and assbarrels just dont match up to assbags...

skoot182
01-22-2002, 08:58 PM
Amen to that, brotha!

Xboxfan123
01-22-2002, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by Frostberg
1st The memory card is quite large enough to back up your games...of course if you have a larger than normal amount of game saves then maybe not...but it should be enough...if you dont want to pay so much buy a 3rd party one.
3rd...Maximus remember when I said Linksys stuff was sold at kmart and you cant buy quality at kmart? well Linksys has been upgraded in my books because kmart declared bankrupcy!
4th I really hate kmart
7th Id like to see anyone try to harm billy just to see how fast his security forces and body guards and stuff handle them..
8th How about them headlines..."Richest man in the world punched by stupidest and now deadest man in the world"
9t My Xboxed died...O no it didnt...and prolly 98% of the people who say their xbox died is just a lying, silly confused PS2 or GC fanboy trying to give the X a bad reputation...
10 assbuckets and assbarrels just dont match up to assbags...

Frostberg just to let you know I enjoy reading your posts and BTW my ex-wife was an assbag. I never could describe her until reading this thread. Now I can send her a "Happy Birthday Assbag" card from Hallmark.
And if anyone knows please tell me how "assbag" is not automatically edited but a nickname for the name Richard is? I tried to type "D!ck" as in "**** Clark" and I couldn't.:eek:

Frostberg
01-22-2002, 09:30 PM
Thankx Xboxfan...yeah the auto magic star thing is annoying...and pointless. We all are old enough...if you are smart enough to be on here and participate in this forum, you shouldnt mind some bad words...now if you get offended somehow...okkk...but people simply get their point accross by a space, or a period as in d a m n or dam.n...now you can also star one letter as in dam* or even how about the infamous dam where people dont know if you are trying to be cool because you want to use profanity, but you dont know how to spell it, or if you like to speak like that (see NJ) or maybe you are just smart so you know it wont be starred out. Anyway there should be some kind of "turn off profanity" box so you could view the words...or we can just use our tricky ways...

p.s. Can I only purchase bags of asses? Because I would like the other parts as well the cat (figure it out lol) bag might be a nice one...oh d a m n, Ill just find a quick fix on the net...

darianX
01-23-2002, 01:57 PM
Oh God, I can hardly type I'm laughing so **** hard.....NEVER have I heard "assbag" before..."nosebag" I have but not assbag....Thanks to that kid who posted that for making me laugh so hard

l Maximus l
01-23-2002, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by Frostberg
4th I really hate kmart
9th My Xboxed died...O no it didnt...and prolly 98% of the people who say their xbox died is just a lying, silly confused PS2 or GC fanboy trying to give the X a bad reputation...
10th assbuckets and assbarrels just dont match up to assbags...

Frostberg...I completely agree...K-Mart is blasphemous. There's something seriously wrong about being able to go to a store and try on a pair of underwear while eating a hot fudge sundae. :D

skoot182
01-23-2002, 02:06 PM
LOL @ MAXI :D

LynxFX
01-23-2002, 03:04 PM
I just wish that companies would ship products that don't break 2 months into their life cycle.

Just be glad that it did break within the warranty of the product. And do you think that every single unit shipped is going to be A-OKAY? Of course not. Doesn't happen for any product especially electronic. One nice thing about electronics is that if it is going to break, it usually happens within the first couple months. After that they are usually good until they need upgraded.

jcroynhp
01-23-2002, 03:24 PM
You're right lynxfx. I was just venting my frustration and hoping that someone might have an idea. Who wants to be without an xbox for more than an hour? I bought the 2 year warranty from the re-seller, EB. I'm glad I did!

Xboxmaster2001
01-23-2002, 03:59 PM
if my xbox broke i wouldn't be typing on the forums i would return it for a new one and be playing it...let me ask you that why are you not going to EB and get a new one?:confused:

jcroynhp
01-24-2002, 07:47 AM
You people are unbelievable. God forbid someone say one negative thing about the xbox. All I was trying to do was to get some info and see if anyone else had experienced any problems. I'm glad none of you haven't! Believe me, I am the last one who wants to hear of an epidemic of xbox disasters. Since you are so concerned, I am going to buy a memory card and salvage what I can from the Hard Drive, before I return it.