PDA

View Full Version : Battlefield Modern Combat delayed until Fall 2005

pvsurfer03
07-14-2004, 04:32 PM
Battlefield Modern Combat has been delayed until fall 2005. EA said the extra time is being used to add more maps and add a single player game....this sucks, but i think EA realized they wouldnt be able to compete with Halo 2.

Article on IGN:
July 13, 2004 - Previously a multiplayer only experience, Battlefield: Modern Combat will now receive a full singleplayer component thanks to an extended development time and a higher budget. According to the official release, the game will now ship to retail on Xbox and PS2 during the fall of 2005.

The extra time and money being pumped into the project by Electronic Arts will provide the developers at Digital Illusions the opportunity to add in singleplayer, new maps and further polish the game to appease the vocal demands of fans.
Patrick Soderlund, CEO at Digital Illusions:

"We are very pleased with the decision to add single player to Battlefield: Modern Combat. It is strategically important for Digital Illusions, and gives us greater opportunity to establish the Battlefield trademark on the console market before the launch of the next generation's consoles.
The postponed launch of Battlefield: Modern Combat means lower royalty incomes during 2004. On the other hand the potential for better royalty incomes during 2005 will increase prominently."

Greg Richardson, General Manager, EA Partners:

"Adding more time to the development cycle of the game will result in a stronger feature set and more compelling product. We are confident that this decision will result in a stronger product and increased sales."
Again, expect the one to 24 player Battlefield: Modern Combat in the fall of 2005, a full year after its previously scheduled release date. We'll have more information as it becomes available.

-- Ivan Sulic

Link to Article (http://xbox.ign.com/articles/529/529984p1.html)

AlphaCigara
07-14-2004, 04:38 PM
That's a huge delay, and personally, i don't care about single player, but a year from now those graphics will be way outdated

example :
http://xboxmedia.ign.com/xbox/image/article/529/529984/battlefield-modern-combat-20040713010108576.jpg

Duke
07-14-2004, 04:57 PM
Eh, can't say I'm surprised.

All my love for those guys went out the window w/ BF: 1942

TheWheelMan
07-14-2004, 06:52 PM
maybe they are planing on releasing it for the xbox 2 i mean fall 2005 theres a chance the xbox 2 will be out in around then

LiquidGuy
07-14-2004, 08:54 PM
maybe they are planing on releasing it for the xbox 2 i mean fall 2005 theres a chance the xbox 2 will be out in around then

Thats a sound idea, but whats really retarded about the situation (as i stated on Xba's news article) is that there is way too much time between now and there delay point. Why can't they just make BF:1942 which the cancled for BF:MC, or port over the Battlefield 2 game Verbatim about the time it's scheduled to be released on the PC? I don't see why cannot do that whith minimal effort, while spending more money and a years time in refining BF: Modern Combat for the Xbox 2. MAkes more sence for the gaming community, and more money for EA. You mean to tell me Xbox fans won't support a PC port a month or two after all of this falls goodies are released? :bang:

Darkside
07-14-2004, 09:40 PM
It would be odd to have it on the XBox 2 and the PS2...

LiquidGuy
07-14-2004, 09:59 PM
It would be odd to have it on the XBox 2 and the PS2...

Maybe, but when you see the first commercial of Modern Combat on next generation hardware especially at the time of launch when games are sparse, you will understand that it's a totally different game than it's predacesor! MGS: Twin Snakes worked pretty good for the game cube.

Variation-XBA
07-14-2004, 11:41 PM
Kinda glad, more $ to use on other thigns this year :P

Ford Mustang
07-15-2004, 12:41 AM
What a bunch of BS. People weren't going to buy that game for the Single Player....

Sheeyt
07-15-2004, 08:05 AM
No kidding Ford, what moron told EA that making Battlefield a single player game would be cool? What moron at EA listened? This is a huge dissappointment I will be moving my preorder money from this to Battlefront.

Ninjermy
07-15-2004, 09:33 AM
this news sucks. i thought EA was a smart successful gaming company. if they are pushing this another 14 months from now it might-as-well be for xbox2. idiots...

CMX Jedi
07-15-2004, 09:40 AM
well at least BF: 1942 will hold me to halo 2

Darkside
07-15-2004, 09:41 AM
I could under stand maybe 3 months But this is just stupid, I don't believe it'll be out for Xbox 2 though because it coming out on the ps2.

Sheeyt
07-15-2004, 11:51 AM
Vaporware?

LTM360
07-15-2004, 11:58 AM
Though I was anticipating this game, I'm insanely mad about this. Who cares about a Single-Player experience? Battlefield ISN'T A SINGLE-PLAYER GAME... Medal of Honor is the single player game of Battlefield, and Battlefield is the online version of Medal of Honor... wait... :huh:
I think I just figured out EA... :watchout:

Wow that was wierd...
By the time this game comes out, I'll have a better computer, and I'll have BF 1942, Halo 2, & BF: Vietnam. Modern Combat = Who Cares now? Thanks anyways EA.