PDA

View Full Version : Personal Experience with FPS

Brutus
07-14-2004, 07:03 PM
Man. I went with a huge bonus check in my pocket. Just looking to unload it on some suspecting clerk. Wondering what would help me pass time.
I ask, "What do you like. What's different? What can I play that will be fun & entertaining but be new and exciting?"
What do you like?
The obvious, I replied: HALO, Brute Force, Deus Ex, Ninja Gaiden... I even told him of my recent Different purchases like Hidden & Dangerous which is both funny and fun.
He determines that I love shooters and makes his recommendations where it goes in one ear and out the other. Who ever really listens to their suggestions?
I ask flat out: What do you like more? Rid****, or Rainbow Six 3? He claims it's a no-brainer.
News to me!
When I got it home, I wasn't sure what to expect. I'd played these other "Clancy Games" before, but only the Demo's. I wasn't quite prepared for it. Not at all...
(To not take from the story, I don't have LIVE yet but need it. I bought the one with the Headset to get ready for the LIVE season of a life time: Holiday '04)
This game is so immersive that I could feel the presence of my enemies on me. So quickly you can fall... So real is the surround sound. The game is simply phenomal. Simply put. Whoever hasn't bought this game yet really needs to.
But that's just the game. I want to go on another tangent: NPC's.
In Halo, they were great. You could tell they were thinking and that they were there for you and everything else. But there were several times that you just wish you could tell them to sit tight over here while I go and take out a bunch over there! But you couldn't. They'd see and they'd attack. (...If they'd just stay behind the hill!!!! haha)
Then Brute Force came out & one of the best things about that game was the fact that you didn't have a buch of moron's running around. They'd actually follow you & attack for you and do everything for, or, With you! It was great and I love that game too!
But this one, with the Headset. All I have to do is say, "Open Flash & Clear, on Zulu"
THen: "Roger"
I'm so happy! It's been a long while since there was a game that I could sit there and play a game non-stop... A long time. But this one is so awesome that I can't help it! I've had it two days and have already played a good 12 hours on it. I can't sleep until I save the Hostages. I can't sleep unless I've annhilated the Terrorists.
What a great game... Why didn't you guys give this a 9.6?!! How about a 9.8? Amazing.
The Headset is like your walkie-talkie that they're all using. Ingenious! It does't interfere with the 5.1 surround sound either! I'm totally digging it!
The thing that's got me is this is just the single player campaign. I'm going to buy LIVE because of this game. Not because of HALO 2. Because of this one.
I can't wait to use stealth on this one. It's like the difference between me playing HALO singly & then going to a LAN party!
You LIVE *******s better get ready for Brutus! Coming Soon to a TV near you!

CarGuy
07-14-2004, 07:08 PM
My head hurts. So you got Rainbow Six?? You probably should've waited a bit because Black Arrow is coming out..

kenji
07-14-2004, 08:09 PM
I even told him of my recent Different purchases like Hidden & Dangerous which is both funny and fun.Do you mean Armed and Dangerous? I've never heard of HIddena dn Dangerous. No matter.

I love FPS a lot because the mutliplayer experience on them is a lot of fun in any mode. I also think that I play FPS's the best out of RPGs, racing, etc.

Sounds like your haveing a great time. Keep it up!:cheers:

Brutus
07-15-2004, 09:13 AM
Wow! People actually read that whole novel I typed! Holy Crap!

Brutus
07-15-2004, 09:15 AM
My head hurts. So you got Rainbow Six?? You probably should've waited a bit because Black Arrow is coming out..
Yeah. Rainbow Six Black Arrow? I just heard of it at the Video store. Is it a whole new game or one of those modifiers?
Also, I see some of you guys as XBConnect Gamer Taggers & others as LIVE. I can get both?
I'm seriously looking into high speed I.P.'s right now.

TOTTEN
07-15-2004, 09:20 AM
Wow! People actually read that whole novel I typed! Holy Crap!
i did
dude you will love the rs3 multiplayer its awsome but buy live and reserve rs3ba you wont regret it

SoundX
07-15-2004, 11:50 AM
I've had the money to get Rainbow Six quite a few times and I've been really tempted.

But the demo that I played just didn't seem that fun to me, it was to dull and boring to be quite honest. I never tried the headset stuff though, that sounds intresting.
Maybe when I get live I can play an online demo and see what I think then.

Anyway, you seem to really like it Brutus, have fun :)

Brutus
07-15-2004, 02:52 PM
I've had the money to get Rainbow Six quite a few times and I've been really tempted.

But the demo that I played just didn't seem that fun to me, it was to dull and boring to be quite honest. I never tried the headset stuff though, that sounds intresting.
Maybe when I get live I can play an online demo and see what I think then.

Anyway, you seem to really like it Brutus, have fun :)
Same here, man. When I played the demo I thought it was just "Another FPS" & "Another Clancy Game like Ghost Recon."

Man, this game has it all. Smart AI. Realistic sequences & First Person Shooting Mayhem.

You won't be dissapointed with the game. I just got to the level that was in the Demo & it totally follows the story but I can't imagine why they picked that level for the Demo. That level isn't the greatest but the game sports challenging, extremely fun content. Not to mention the greatest 5.1 I've heard in a long while.

Rent the game. Give it a rent. It'll speak for itself. Because if you really love FPS's, then you'll love this game.

The reason why I have to tell you that is because I'm mad that noone else told me that! You know. I'd have bought it the first day if it was recommended to me like all other great games.

You need this game. No one's told you yet though.

SoundX
07-16-2004, 02:24 PM
Hmm, well seeing as you felt the same way when you just had the demo. I may put a pre-order in for the new one. But is that a totaly new game or a extra type thing that needs the original?

PapaSKooT
07-16-2004, 02:29 PM
Hmm, well seeing as you felt the same way when you just had the demo. I may put a pre-order in for the new one. But is that a totaly new game or a extra type thing that needs the original?
Black Arrow is a standalone expansion on the original. You do not need the original to play it.

LTM360
07-16-2004, 02:32 PM
It's an expansion/standalone of Rainbow Six 3. Hence: Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six 3 Black Arrow. It's made from the same engine as RS3 but with bug fixes, Xbox Live 3.0 support, 11 new campaign missions, and numerous other features. It's gonna retail $39.99 and it is a standalone game, meaning you do not need the original Rainbow Six 3 to play it. I'd recommend you both pick Black Arrow up (SoundX & Brutus), Brutus, its great you got the game, its fantastic, but, since your getting online, prolly should've waited on Black Arrow because I have a feeling alot of people are gonna jump on that on its release day (myself included), but if you've got the cash, definately get Black Arrow. Sound, as for you, I say rent Black Arrow when it comes out.

SoundX
07-17-2004, 04:07 AM
Sound, as for you, I say rent Black Arrow when it comes out.

Yeah, alright, I'll give it a rent. Thanks for the advice dude :)

Brutus
07-19-2004, 10:08 AM
Good advice. It basically says, "Get this kick @ss game! Sweet!
I was wondering about Black Arrow. But from reading Clancy's books, Rainbow is consistantly getting the job done. It's not like he does one detterent & he's out.
Come on Domingo! Make him pay!!

JJaX
07-19-2004, 11:00 AM
WAit until you get XBL, thats when the fun begins.

Brutus
07-19-2004, 11:13 AM
WAit until you get XBL, thats when the fun begins.
Yeah. I think I'm utilizing the head set now. It doesn't hold a fart next to the LIVE experience, huh!?

JJaX
07-19-2004, 11:56 AM
Yeah. I think I'm utilizing the head set now. It doesn't hold a fart next to the LIVE experience, huh!?

The single player? Nope....

SoundX
07-19-2004, 03:42 PM
Well I've actualy managed to have a go of Rainbow Six online at my friends house. And I have just happily placed my pre-order of Black Arrow. Live Play is just like a totaly different experience and I loved it. I'll be getting Live pritty soon so that'll be when the real fun starts.

Is it still worth getting the original Rainbow Six if I've pre-ordered the new one?

JJaX
07-19-2004, 03:44 PM
I would say majority of the R6 community will be moving to the new R6.

When I say Majorty, I mean about 99%.

But I'm sure there will still be people playing the original.

No Fear 23
07-19-2004, 03:50 PM
im moving to BA after playing Rs3 to death.

so.. go wiht BA.

ShaDovV RyDer
07-19-2004, 04:53 PM
ya go with Black Arrow cause i no that right now about 80% of the usual live gamers r gettin BA even if they dont have the first.

E Nomini Patri
07-19-2004, 05:08 PM
I would say go with both, but that's because I buy all the Tom Clancy games on Xbox.