PDA

View Full Version : i have a question about the green xbox's

ozenplayer
07-14-2004, 07:39 PM
which drive does it come with da thompson da samsung or the phillips because my last one died it had a thompson drive an it didnt play cdr's i have a picture of the xbox trays but i dont know how to get them on here i hope someone can help i cant afford to get another xbox dat dosent play cdr's it would mess up my whole nfl2k5 experience

severd hed
07-14-2004, 07:45 PM
my green xbox came with the samsung drive..but i know a few people who got them with philips drives. i dont think any xboxes come with thompson drives anymore though, so you should be ok

however i dont know if it plays CDrs...i havent tried any

Ford Mustang
07-15-2004, 12:44 AM
None of them will come with Thomsons because those are all older models. Also I know the Phillips will read CDRs but I know know about the Samsung. The Thomsons only read CD+RWs.

SoundX
07-15-2004, 12:10 PM
I thought they use Thompsons but their completely fine now? Either way I haven't heard of anyone getting a Thompson in a Green Xbox. Just Samsung and Phillips, which is all good.

Chaotic
07-15-2004, 12:20 PM
I thought they use Thompsons but their completely fine now? Either way I haven't heard of anyone getting a Thompson in a Green Xbox. Just Samsung and Phillips, which is all good.

This is correct.

Thomsons are still in rotation on the newer model xbox's which work totally fine... At this point it doesn't really matter what CD drive you get...

Brutus
07-15-2004, 04:45 PM
Green Mountain Dew's or the HALO Xbox SE?
BTW, I'm buying any Xbox's with the DDE errors. I'll buy yours, Ozenplayer!

Xorg
07-15-2004, 08:42 PM
he said it was dead, so I dont think it works anymore