PDA

View Full Version : NEW Oddworld 4: Stranger screens!

XboxGamers
07-18-2004, 12:53 AM
Can't wait!

http://www.xboxworld.nl/images/content/24396.jpg
http://www.xboxworld.nl/images/content/24397.jpg

Variation-XBA
07-18-2004, 01:22 AM
Hrm... looks different, thats for sure

SoundX
07-18-2004, 01:34 PM
Different, Completely Insane, what's the difference eh? :D

Casper
07-18-2004, 01:39 PM
Not too happy about EA taking over from MS on this game, but what can ya do?

BlindSniper
07-18-2004, 06:51 PM
Im not happy bout that ea either, I loved oddworld, MS did an exceptional job on it. This one looks different.......I'll still pick it up though.

TOTTEN
07-18-2004, 06:57 PM
i loved munches oddesy mabey this one wont be too bad i will read some reviews before even considering

Snapple
07-18-2004, 07:32 PM
I really like all the Oddworlds, but I haven't played Munch's Oddeysee in a long time. So i'll probably just rent this one.

BTW: What's this with EA takeing over MS!? Cause that's not to good to hear...even if it is old news. I didn't know that.

Sheeyt
07-19-2004, 07:53 AM
Well unfortunately Munch didn't do as well as MS hoped, so they where affraid of handling another Oddword game.

Snapple
07-19-2004, 10:47 AM
Well most likely EA won't even stick to the story line. They will just add all these cutesy little characters to the game. If there's not more than 100 mudokens(sp) in this game then im gonna be pissed. And if the lead character/s doesn't involve Munch or Abe i'm gonna be pissed too.

Casper
07-19-2004, 11:03 AM
Well most likely EA won't even stick to the story line. They will just add all these cutesy little characters to the game. If there's not more than 100 mudokens(sp) in this game then im gonna be pissed. And if the lead character/s doesn't involve Munch or Abe i'm gonna be pissed too.
When MS was working on this (I remember seeing the show on the Discovery Channel, along with the making of Halo and Crimson Skies) the designer was a weird one, but he also said that most likely neither Munch, nor Abe, will be in the story, but they also said it was a small possibility. This new character is supposed to be like Clint Eastwood - a darker, cowboy-like hero.

Sheeyt
07-19-2004, 11:09 AM
Yes the game is also going to be a FPS, with some 3rd person action. Lanning has said they decided to take a break with Abe and Munch. The only thing similar to this game and previous Oddworld games is the fact that it will take place in "Oddworld" but no where near the Munch and Abe story lines. Lanning said there is a remote possiblity Abe and Munch may make cameos but thats it.

PapaSKooT
07-19-2004, 01:17 PM
BTW: What's this with EA takeing over MS!? Cause that's not to good to hear...even if it is old news. I didn't know that.

EA isn't taking over MS, they took over production of this game after MS dropped it from their "Microsoft Game Studios" production lineup.

Crazy Joe
07-19-2004, 01:29 PM
When MS was working on this (I remember seeing the show on the Discovery Channel, along with the making of Halo and Crimson Skies) the designer was a weird one, but he also said that most likely neither Munch, nor Abe, will be in the story, but they also said it was a small possibility. This new character is supposed to be like Clint Eastwood - a darker, cowboy-like hero.

well, since MS was just the publisher, i don't think the game will changed too much with EA as the new publisher, the developers are all still the same. that is for sure true about Munch and Abe not being main or even secondary characters... maybe cameos at most.

Gronok
07-20-2004, 04:07 PM
I read this is one is actually a First Person shooter :) Cant wait Spring 2005 :)

Brutus
07-20-2004, 05:32 PM
Why do they think that all games must be FPS on Xbox? That's so dumb.
I liked the original. The original being Munch's Oddysee to me. I'd never played any other ones.
I totally appreciated it's funny humor, spontaneous reactions and rather "Odd" Cutscenes. Unless they have more of that same stuff, no way I'll buy it.
My question is who's going to buy this while looking for a Genuine Odd experience if it's going to be a cookie cutter EA title?

Snapple
07-20-2004, 07:09 PM
This game may be fun and everything, but the whole idea of not involving Abe(the hero in EVERY Oddworld title) just doesn't seem to be right. I wouldn't mind if it was like a lot of years into the future and Abe is all old with Munch in a big fish tank up in a tree or something. And with this new dude you stumble across Abe on your adventures. And like all the mudakens(sp) are free from slavery so they all had houses and villages and you stumble across them in the journey. That would make me happy, since the whole Oddworld storys are envloved around Abe and mudakens(sp). I don't have much to say about the whole FPS part. That just doesn't seem right. I just hope this game turns out decent, and gets good reviews just like all the other Oddworlds.