PDA

View Full Version : Regarding cd-rw's burning onto Xbox

fanofslipknotib
07-19-2004, 01:04 AM
My Xbox isnt lucky enough to play CD-R's, but I have been told by many people that pretty much all Xbox's play CD-RW's. However, when I tried, I couldnt get it to work. I've tried both mp3 and wav files and neither worked. I have been told that I need the songs in CDA format. However, I cant find anything to convert my songs into that.

So what I wanna know is, can someone give me an explanation on what I need to do, like what type of CD's, what type of song format, which program used to burn onto CD, etc...

The CD-RW's that I have tried are Memorex Music CD-RW 1x-4x....maybe someone can come straight out and tell me those dont work.

I've burnt the songs using the copier in the Windows Media Player, maybe that doesnt work and someone can point me to a software that would work.

Also, I've been told that you may have to end the session on the cd, however I dont think I get that option on Windows Media. also, by doing that, would I not be able to erase the songs on that CD-RW?

N1ghtM4r3
07-19-2004, 01:08 AM
I use CD-R in mp3 format and it works fine, what dvd drive is in your xbox. Does the cd work in a stereo? if it does then it is finalized.

SoundX
07-19-2004, 09:09 AM
Yeah, check it works in a normal cd player first.

I just ordered a Samsung Xbox Drive, I'm tired of dirty disc errors that have just cropped up again. It'll be in my xbox by next week. So then anything will work.

LiquidX
07-19-2004, 12:42 PM
Ok your gonna need a program such as Nero. Windows Media Player wont let you burn normal CDA (Compact Disc Audio) CD's. The Xbox will NOT read a WMA or MP3 CD's. And if you get Nero and burn with it you do have to finalize the session. Making a music CD with Nero is pretty self-explanitory. You could also buy the Xbox Music Mixer and transfer all your MP3's from your computer to the Xbox through a network and convert them for use in games using the Music Mixer program. But, Music Mixer only works with Windows XP.

SoundX
07-19-2004, 01:40 PM
Ok your gonna need a program such as Nero. Windows Media Player wont let you burn normal CDA (Compact Disc Audio) CD's. The Xbox will NOT read a WMA or MP3 CD's. And if you get Nero and burn with it you do have to finalize the session. Making a music CD with Nero is pretty self-explanitory. You could also buy the Xbox Music Mixer and transfer all your MP3's from your computer to the Xbox through a network and convert them for use in games using the Music Mixer program. But, Music Mixer only works with Windows XP.

I burn all my music (WNA and MP3) with Windows Media Player and it works fine on my Xbox. It's most probably his drive or format he's using I think.

LiquidX
07-19-2004, 05:36 PM
I burn all my music (WNA and MP3) with Windows Media Player and it works fine on my Xbox. It's most probably his drive or format he's using I think.

Weird. I just tried burning a CD in WMP9 and it didnt work in my Xbox. Burned the same songs in the same order with Nero and it worked. Could be the drive. I have a Philips which is less picky than a Thomson but not as good as a Samsung. Good luck with trying to get music on your Xbox.