PDA

View Full Version : Damaged Files??????

bmurgs05
07-19-2004, 08:42 PM
I went to go play PGR2 the other day and my profile wouldnt load, so i went to my profile thing and it says my profile has been damaged. Im not really sure how it happened. The thing is, i still have the file in my memory, but i just can't open it. I was wondering if theres a way to get it back because i have no good cars and im definitely not trying to replay the whole game.

Darkside
07-19-2004, 08:43 PM
You may of shut off your xbox before it was done saving. I do believe that is the problem, I don't believe you can fix it.

Reclaimer
07-19-2004, 11:00 PM
You can't fix it, and you will have to go back and redo it all. This happened to me in Conflict Desert Storm, Gun Metal and Project Gotham 1.
Somehow the saving process was disrupted and the file saved was corrupted in the process. There's no going back from that. You can leave that profile on your Xbox, but when you make a new profile for that game there will be a tag line next to the afflicted profile that says "Damaged" and you can't select it. But the game plays just fine and it's only that profile.
Delete that profile and start over.

SoundX
07-20-2004, 07:35 AM
I've had this a couple of times. Turn it off, see if it just disapears. Worked for me, if it doesn't go away though. It's well and truley screwed. :(

Cold Fuzion
07-20-2004, 11:40 PM
dang that has to suck:(

trabucles
07-22-2004, 08:48 AM
the same thing happened to me, I was playing on live then I decided to turn off the game while still racing, 5 minutes after I turn on and when it said which profil I would like to use it said it was damage i was like, OMFL and then, I remembered i had a back up of my profile.. but just lose like 30 platinum medals.

Splinter Cell also said i have my profile damaged.. funny, cuz i just bought the game, tried playin it online and then it saids its damaged and if i would like to repair it. Thank god, they have fixed that with the thousands of updates they have made to that game.