PDA

View Full Version : Kingdom Underfire

JJaX
07-20-2004, 12:26 PM
Heres a game that hasn't been getting the recognition it deserves...

Combining RTS, RPG and Beat em' up genres, this game is bound to be a hit!

Phantagram, you have arrived. The little known Korean developer of Phantom Crash showed a lot of promise at E3 2003 with Shining Lore, Duality, Strident, and my new favorite game of the summer, Kingdom Under Fire: The Crusaders. On the surface, KUF looks like a more competent version of Dynasty Warriors with a D&D theme replacing Koei's ancient China, but after playing KUF for a few hours today, I assure you that the game has an incredible amount of depth.

http://xbox.ign.com/articles/530/530178p1.html

http://xboxmedia.ign.com/xbox/image/article/530/530216/kingdom-under-fire-the-crusaders-20040714094344460.jpg
http://xboxmedia.ign.com/xbox/image/article/530/530178/kingdom-under-fire-the-crusaders-20040713074521311.jpg
http://xboxmedia.ign.com/xbox/image/article/528/528009/kingdom-under-fire-the-crusaders-20040702093607290.jpg
http://xboxmedia.ign.com/xbox/image/article/528/528009/kingdom-under-fire-the-crusaders-20040702093556040.jpg

Dont forget to check out the videos, its amazing to see it in motion.

Sheeyt
07-20-2004, 01:07 PM
Yea it looks good. Plus it will be online.

E Nomini Patri
07-20-2004, 02:20 PM
Holy crap! Must buy!

Gronok
07-20-2004, 04:04 PM
Augusts 10th OFFICIAL DATE CONFIRMED :)!!!! I cant wait for this! Lukily DOOM 3 on August will keep me till Kingdoms Underfire!

Shadow20002
07-21-2004, 10:24 AM
hmmm.....Must get Fable and this baby maybe...

ShaDovV RyDer
07-21-2004, 11:23 AM
now that i no its an rpg ill definatly get it...i just thought it was hack-n-slash.

Darkside
07-21-2004, 12:04 PM
this game will be awesome, must have it now

JJaX
07-21-2004, 12:18 PM
now that i no its an rpg ill definatly get it...i just thought it was hack-n-slash.

I don't think its a traditional RPG, but it does have RPG elements, like leveling up your hero and armies as the story progresses.

Spaztic
07-21-2004, 12:23 PM
I will probably give it a rent.

ShaDovV RyDer
07-22-2004, 08:27 AM
I don't think its a traditional RPG, but it does have RPG elements, like leveling up your hero and armies as the story progresses.

ya i no but i really like the idea of leveling up ur dudes...it makes u fight for more than savin the kingdom or princess or wutever.

SkoalMint
07-22-2004, 08:49 AM
Definitely looking forward to this one. Destro and I were pimping it over at the DDC site before we switched to C-C. I definitely recommend you watch the videos.

hebgbz
07-24-2004, 01:34 PM
And only $39.99. I will definitely be pre-ordering this soon. It comes out in two weeks. Should be fun.

TOTTEN
07-24-2004, 01:47 PM
It looks so awsome. i watched those videos and they were also awsome.

l Maximus l
07-24-2004, 01:49 PM
Damn, dudes...now, that definately takes Hack-n-slash to a much higher benchmark! Man, I'm loving these next generation XBox games...simply amazing. JJaX is right, check the video streams of this game out! DAMN!

hebgbz
07-25-2004, 06:45 AM
Watched again. Wow. In my top 5 wants now.

Shadow20002
07-25-2004, 12:01 PM
It could be the one to the challenge the DYNASTY WARRIORS SERIES.

Brevity
07-26-2004, 12:08 AM
Reminds me of WC3 a little. I cant wait. I seen a video at the game store a while back and didnt know what it was at first, then I was like "ya, I recall seeing something on that" now I really want to give it a shot.

l Maximus l
07-26-2004, 01:51 AM
Is there any release date information on this yet?

JJaX
07-26-2004, 08:13 AM
Is there any release date information on this yet?

Augusts 10th OFFICIAL DATE CONFIRMED :)!!!! I cant wait for this! Lukily DOOM 3 on August will keep me till Kingdoms Underfire!

Reading is teh fun! :D

MixMasta
07-27-2004, 12:14 PM
It's funny no one mentioned that this game is a series, the third one I'm pretty sure. The Crusades....I read the preview in XBN, it looks great. I'll definitely play this.

l Maximus l
07-28-2004, 12:15 AM
It's funny no one mentioned that this game is a series, the third one I'm pretty sure. The Crusades....I read the preview in XBN, it looks great. I'll definitely play this.

It appears that I'll be purchasing a game before November 9th...that's seriously a shocker to me :cool:

This game is going to own...

I'm going to safely assume that this is a multi-player game...correct?!

Darkside
07-28-2004, 12:23 AM
Well its on Xbox Live.........

so, duH?

l Maximus l
07-28-2004, 12:26 AM
Well its on Xbox Live.........

so, duH?

Well, what I meant was locally...I guess I should have made that clear. I'm wondering if it's split screen because it appears that it probably won't have to be.

I mainly play games that are multi-player because I enjoy competition with real people. I guess this is why I'm not a huge RPG fan. I could see myself being an MMPORPG fan, but, not an RPG fan...

I like to compete...or team up with the common cause of smoking the hell out of people who are trying to smoke me....but, find out that they can't ;)

JJaX
07-28-2004, 08:29 AM
Maximus, I read an article yesterday and they mentioned the online play.

We all love Xbox Live! It has become a huge success with over a million sucscribers. It has also become one of the most popular features about Xbox And you will be extremely happy to know that Kingdom Under Fire: The Crusaders will support Xbox Live. While the beta that I played did not have Xbox Live support up and running, Microsoft and Phantagram still gave us the information in terms of what we as Xbox Live fans have to look forward to. Some of the great features of a subscriber of Xbox live is that you will able to do the following things in Kingdom Under Fire: The Crusaders.

Head-to-Head Play: Show them who is the best! You will be able to compete with other players from around the world in the comfort of your own home. You will be able to preset your troops. You will be given three infantry troops, one archer, and one ariel-support troop.
Downloadable Content: This is one thing about Xbox Live that we all know and love! You will be able to download cool content such as new maps and new missions.
Ranking System: You will also be able to upload your win/losses with Xbox live as well and earn some bragging rights. Will you be able to beat the best and earn the top spot on Xbox live?

Heres a preview:
http://www.nlgaming.com/nl/asp/id_237/nl/previewDisp.htm

TheWheelMan
07-28-2004, 08:56 AM
yea the game looks pretty friggin' kool ;)

AlphaCigara
07-28-2004, 11:38 AM
Kinda sounds like a good-looking Dynasty Warriors game on Live. If it has online co-op, i'm picking this up for sure :)

studepaber
07-28-2004, 02:48 PM

Wow, the videos of this make Dynasty Warriors look like a pile of puke. Let's hope the gameplay doesn't stutter with 347382973895 enemies on-screen at once.

thrAsher
07-29-2004, 11:56 AM
I've been reading about this one. Kind of popped up on the radar for me. I love it when I haven't heard squat about a game, then when news gets released I find out it also comes out in just a couple weeks. Gonna get my copy as soon as it hits the shelves.

hebgbz
07-30-2004, 05:00 PM
Looks like it may have been delayed til September some time. Can anyone confirm release date?

MixMasta
07-30-2004, 05:39 PM
Damn hebgbz, way to be the bearer of bad news!

9/7/04 (http://ebgames.com/ebx/product/243962.asp)

I know you can't always trust their release dates, but this sucks BOOOOO!

And now I am going to be too busy with ummm, Halo 2 hopefully, lol.

thrAsher
07-30-2004, 06:38 PM
Crap. Guess it's Black Arrow that get's my $$ next week, then. And I was really looking forward to this one. :bang:

l Maximus l
07-31-2004, 08:20 PM
It's screenshots like this that make me go crazy for this game

http://ebgames.com/gmspImages/24/243962/pt_475761_20040726_screen010_24rs112.jpg

amun837
07-31-2004, 08:28 PM
This game looks crajy, more like Warcraft style. I wouldn't mind trying this one out! :D

Peepers
07-31-2004, 10:22 PM
Those graphics are impressive, espescially given how many dynamic objects are in each screen. That does cause me to worry about the framerate however.

thrAsher
08-01-2004, 11:12 AM
The little IGN writeup I read said that everything - amazingly - runs silky smooth on the Xbox. They have some videos up, but last time I tried to stream them, they were all screwy.

l Maximus l
08-02-2004, 01:01 AM
The little IGN writeup I read said that everything - amazingly - runs silky smooth on the Xbox. They have some videos up, but last time I tried to stream them, they were all screwy.

Which is really amazing when you think about it...meaning the silky smooth frame-rate. It just goes to show that if developers go through the necessary tweaking, anything can be accomplished on the XBox :cool:

thrAsher
08-02-2004, 07:33 AM
I'm still seeing it as ETA August 10 at both Gamestop and IGN. Check out this list of features:

* Experience chaotic medieval battle on epic scale!

* Up to 1,000 units on the battlefield at any one time, each one beautifully rendered with 3,000 to 4,000 polygons.

* On your command, hundreds of units attack the enemies, sacrificing their lives for victory. You will be a hero- the first to strike and the last one standing.

* Over thirty types of units to choose from, from ordinary infantry to hideously transformed monsters and extraordinary aerial creatures. Players can create an almost unlimited combination of troops for maximum tactical strategy.

* Realistic physics show units using tools and equipment, such as fire from an entrenched mortar and stone-throwers. The harder you train your units, the more efficiently they carry out your commands.

* Customized, upgradeable characteristics and skills for troops and generals.

* Upgradeable armor and weaponry.

* Natural resources, such as ground height, direction of sunlight, soil resistance,real-time day & night cycles and weather patterns.

* Other factors including density of troops, level of training, timing, experience points and weaponry.

* All heroes come with their own sets of special moves and abilities, and can call upon the magical abilities of sub-heroes.

* RPG element allows heroes and their soldiers to gain experience as they progress, earning gold for upgraded weapons and armor.

* An individual hero is powerful enough to turn the tide of battle, but not enough to win the war single-handedly. It is crucial to train and prepare troops for imminent battles.

* Main character and soldiers can gain experience and level up as they progress through the game.

* Between each mission, players can visit a castle to upgrade soldiers by equipping them with new weapons and armors, tweak their ability points, assign a new leader or radically change the troops before the next battle.

* At the beginning of the game, a player can choose one main character from four distinct races; two from the Human side and two from the Dark side. Each selection will determine the player's perspective and influence the destiny of the character.

* Aside from clear mission differences, the same event will take place in four different moods and cut scenes.

* In the heat of combat, soldiers shout out battle information and threat warnings in real-time. No more dull text system messages on the screen.

* Soldiers express cries of pain, victory and defeat.

* Dynamic camera work as only seen on mega-budget film, capturing the essence of true epic battle.

* New Mission Downloadable through Xbox Live.

* Real-time ranking update system.

:yikes:

RTS, RPG, Hack 'n Slash.... :drool:

Hard Boiled Cop
08-02-2004, 11:39 AM

The Dynasty Warriors Series was a repeptitive war game, this however is all about tactics.

Shadow20002
08-02-2004, 01:04 PM
I'm still seeing it as ETA August 10 at both Gamestop and IGN. Check out this list of features:

* Experience chaotic medieval battle on epic scale!

* Up to 1,000 units on the battlefield at any one time, each one beautifully rendered with 3,000 to 4,000 polygons.

* On your command, hundreds of units attack the enemies, sacrificing their lives for victory. You will be a hero- the first to strike and the last one standing.

* Over thirty types of units to choose from, from ordinary infantry to hideously transformed monsters and extraordinary aerial creatures. Players can create an almost unlimited combination of troops for maximum tactical strategy.

* Realistic physics show units using tools and equipment, such as fire from an entrenched mortar and stone-throwers. The harder you train your units, the more efficiently they carry out your commands.

* Customized, upgradeable characteristics and skills for troops and generals.

* Upgradeable armor and weaponry.

* Natural resources, such as ground height, direction of sunlight, soil resistance,real-time day & night cycles and weather patterns.

* Other factors including density of troops, level of training, timing, experience points and weaponry.

* All heroes come with their own sets of special moves and abilities, and can call upon the magical abilities of sub-heroes.

* RPG element allows heroes and their soldiers to gain experience as they progress, earning gold for upgraded weapons and armor.

* An individual hero is powerful enough to turn the tide of battle, but not enough to win the war single-handedly. It is crucial to train and prepare troops for imminent battles.

* Main character and soldiers can gain experience and level up as they progress through the game.

* Between each mission, players can visit a castle to upgrade soldiers by equipping them with new weapons and armors, tweak their ability points, assign a new leader or radically change the troops before the next battle.

* At the beginning of the game, a player can choose one main character from four distinct races; two from the Human side and two from the Dark side. Each selection will determine the player's perspective and influence the destiny of the character.

* Aside from clear mission differences, the same event will take place in four different moods and cut scenes.

* In the heat of combat, soldiers shout out battle information and threat warnings in real-time. No more dull text system messages on the screen.

* Soldiers express cries of pain, victory and defeat.

* Dynamic camera work as only seen on mega-budget film, capturing the essence of true epic battle.

* New Mission Downloadable through Xbox Live.

* Real-time ranking update system.

:yikes:

RTS, RPG, Hack 'n Slash.... :drool:

Must....get....it !!!! :cool:

TOTTEN
08-02-2004, 01:19 PM
Must....get....it !!!! :cool:
Will get it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

George89
08-02-2004, 02:44 PM
I really want to get this game. On Ebgames.com they had it as coming out August 10, but now they switched it to September 7 :( :cry:

l Maximus l
08-05-2004, 01:33 AM
I really want to get this game. On Ebgames.com they had it as coming out August 10, but now they switched it to September 7 :( :cry:

I agree, that is a serious bummer, man...but, that's still enough time before Halo 2 to justify the purchase, IMO.