PDA

View Full Version : Ninja Gaiden/Hayabusa Vs. Prince of Persia

Dyslexic Chaos
07-20-2004, 09:48 PM
This is a 2-part question for you guys.

#1) Which GAME is better In your opinion? IMO, PoP is better, becuase i love the style and flow of the game, and the way the Sands of Time are used. I love being able to miss a jump and try again.

#2) who would win in a fight? Again, i vote the PoP, because of the Sands of Time advantage.

What is your opinion? I think both games are great, although i think NG is too hard, for me at least. To each his own though.

Darkside
07-20-2004, 10:04 PM
1. IMO Ninja Gaiden is better, I love the flow of Ninja Gaiden. Ninjas are awesome, and Ryu is the sex. yes the sex. And with the Hurricane Pack it'll be even better

2. Again I think Ryu would win, even though PoP has the Sands of time, Ryu is swift. because ihe is a ninja

and if Ninja Gaiden is too hard. i feel bad for you

Cold Fuzion
07-20-2004, 11:26 PM
1.Ninja Gaiden is better, The Graphics are amazing..and its a perfect challenge...and ninja Rock!.
2.But The Camera angles on Gaiden blow..

They are both great games ;)

Shadow20002
07-21-2004, 10:18 AM
1. Ninja Gaiden is better. Intuitive moves for main character, great graphics and the story-driving is just awesome.
2. Hmm...well, the prince has the advantage of the sand of time but can't really tell...

severd hed
07-21-2004, 01:31 PM
i think POP is a better game..it just flowed much better, and didnt have a ridiculous camera

but ryu would win in a fight

super_ryu
07-21-2004, 01:37 PM
1)I like Ninja Gaiden better because it has fast paced action, with a hack and slash fighting style.
2)Ryu because he's really fast, has many weapons, and is lethal in combat (not to mension swift).

Variation-XBA
07-21-2004, 01:53 PM
1) Tie IMO. NG has the better graphics and "cooler" fighting, but PoP's puzzles were alot more fun to me.

2) Ryu, cause he'd be too fast before he could even use the sand.

Hard Boiled Cop
07-21-2004, 04:24 PM
To answer both your questions, Ninja Gaiden and Ryu

nutsnyomowf
07-21-2004, 07:45 PM
POP. way better game.
RYU wins in the fight, unless POP knows GrecoRoman.Ninjitsu sucks monkeycheesycoconuts as a martial art.

DemonLoki
07-22-2004, 02:21 AM
1) Ninja Gaided, better graphics better enemies and 10x more, better fighting.
PoP had some excellent art though, and alright puzzles.

2)Ryu, Pop had like three moves, ryu has nimpo + shurikans better agility

SoundX
07-22-2004, 04:31 AM
1) Prince of Persia is better, the whole game is much more fluid and well balanced. It's more inovational than a standard hack and slash type game, even if it is pritty good.

2) Gotta hand it to Ryu in this one, that dude is quick. He'd have the Princes head before he could even reach for the sands of time ;)

Brutus
07-22-2004, 01:46 PM
Ryu would just NINPO him & slap his neck with the edge of his True Dragon Sword. POP wouldn't have a chance.
Then Ryu would do that hot blonde again & leave her before getting attached.

Darkside
07-22-2004, 01:49 PM
I think its pretty obvious. RYU WINS.

Ninja pwns teh prince.

Kraft
07-23-2004, 04:43 AM
Yeah, as far as the second question, Ryu wins hands down. I don't care how much of that time sand crap PoP has, it isn't going to do him a bit of good. Lets look at it this way: PoP makes fun of Ryu. All off the sudden PoP notices that Ryu just separated his upper body from his lower body at the waist with his katana. PoP uses his spiffy sand to turn back time. The sand kinda works because his waist is still in one piece. Unfortunately his head is now detatched and rolling on the floor.

Every time the sand is used I'm sure Ryu would find another fun and creative way to disembowl and end the life of the goofy sand toting prince.

iloveRPGs
07-23-2004, 08:16 AM
Ninja Gaiden is BETTER.

hebgbz
07-24-2004, 01:32 PM
Both camera's are bad.
Both have superb graphics.
Both have superhuman abilities and powers.
Both fight strange inhuman creatures in multiple details settings.
Both have good stories with neat cutscenes.

They are equal, just different ethnic settings.

Sigma
07-24-2004, 01:42 PM
I love both games. They are two of my favorites from this console generation, but I think Ninja Gaiden is the better game due to it being the greatest 3D action game of all time. The difficulty offered up a good challenge and Team Ninja nailed the gameplay

In a fight it is too close to call. Ryu has his awesome ninja skills and The Prince has amazing agility and the ability to control time.

X-Factor
07-24-2004, 11:34 PM
Both games kick some serious arse, but I like POP (overall) slightly better.

Peepers
07-25-2004, 04:22 PM
1. Ninja Gaiden

2. Hayabusa

Time it takes to make these decisions: 0.000000002 seconds. It's that obvious.

The Jackal
07-25-2004, 05:32 PM
Yeah, as far as the second question, Ryu wins hands down. I don't care how much of that time sand crap PoP has, it isn't going to do him a bit of good. Lets look at it this way: PoP makes fun of Ryu. All off the sudden PoP notices that Ryu just separated his upper body from his lower body at the waist with his katana. PoP uses his spiffy sand to turn back time. The sand kinda works because his waist is still in one piece. Unfortunately his head is now detatched and rolling on the floor.

Every time the sand is used I'm sure Ryu would find another fun and creative way to disembowl and end the life of the goofy sand toting prince.

you are a wise wise man Kraft

MixMasta
07-25-2004, 08:07 PM
Why didn't you include iNinja in this poll?? You *******!!!

Ummm I would say neither because I got bored with POP and I never played Gaiden.

Brutus
07-26-2004, 10:45 AM
Both camera's are bad.
Both have superb graphics.
Both have superhuman abilities and powers.
Both fight strange inhuman creatures in multiple details settings.
Both have good stories with neat cutscenes.

They are equal, just different ethnic settings.
No, no. You're wrong, Hee Bee Gee Bees! All action games suck! I hate action games, but you want to know something? Ninja Gaiden is a killer game! Not because it's a Laura Croft Adventure game, or a Prince with some sand in a castle, or anything dumb like that, it's because you actually get to step in the shoes of Young Ninja, Ryu Hayabusa, & play the role of a Master Ninja.

The story is hands down Neck & Neck with another Japanese RPG Element of storyline. Gripping Cutscenes & fantastic gameplay make what is a no brainer - Game of the year, so far.

Did I mention I hate Action Games?