PDA

View Full Version : should i buy sudeki?

Huckleberry
07-21-2004, 12:28 AM
i'm a big rpg fan, and am anxiously awaiting fable. i was pretty disappointed in morrowind, even though a lot of people loved it. i have spent many hours in the final fantasy series (even though a lot of people hate them), and really love them. i've been waiting for a really good, let alone great, rpg to come along for the xbox. is this the one? or should i just suck it up and wait for fable?

RockTheCasba
07-21-2004, 12:47 AM
yes buy it.

Darkside
07-21-2004, 12:53 AM
Yes, you should buy it. After that, get fable

cause 2 is better than 1

Sigma
07-21-2004, 02:02 AM
Im actually asking myself the same question after seeing IGN's review. Sudeki scored in the 7 range and while that isn't bad. It isn't as good as I was expecting it to do. I was expecting at least an 8 and there review seems to cover alot of my worries about the game after playing the demo I knew the combat system was great, but story and puzzles had me worried of being mediorce and repeditive and both look to be a problem with Sudeki. I may still go and pick up my pre-order copy, but I would hate to spend $50 on a game that isn't worth it.

Variation-XBA
07-21-2004, 02:56 AM
Might as well, to tide you over till Fable

Peepers
07-21-2004, 04:01 AM
If you're a patient RGP'er, I'd save my money for the better RPGs to come. Sudeki has been getting universally unimpressive.

Sheeyt
07-21-2004, 05:36 AM
1up.com gave Sudeki a 5.5... Out of 10... So I'm going to pass as well.

Koopa
07-21-2004, 09:02 AM
no. from the demo, it is, at BEST, cookie-cutter.

at worst, bland an uninspired.

Whoopage
07-21-2004, 09:17 AM
Yeah...

I was thinking about getting this game, until it got bad scores and no one enjoys it...

I would reccomend waiting for Fable.

Chewy
07-21-2004, 10:09 AM
I played the preview code a couple of months ago. I kinda liked it. It also is a very nice looking game. It looked like it would have a decent story, and the different charcters seemed well developed. I didn't like the "button mashing" combat terribly, but that is just a personal thing. I would no be giving it a 10/10 or anything silly like that, but I think a solid 7-8/10, that is unless there have been major changes since I played it. Personally I would say pick it up.

Just my two cents.

Chewy

Shadow20002
07-21-2004, 10:12 AM
Well, how can you judge it by scores and not playing it ? Rent it first then post your review about it here. :)

Sigma
07-21-2004, 12:10 PM
Im going to go ahead and buy it today. If I don't like it then I will and get my money back in store credit at least.

Then again I did buy ESPN NFL 2K5 last night and that will keep me busy till Star Ocean 3 or Fable.

I hear Sudeki is really short and I don't want to get stuck with another really short game with little replay value (im looking at you Rid****!). If it means anything I did enjoy the demo, but aside from the combat system it looks like story could be a bit on the boring side and the puzzles could get tedious.

Huckleberry
07-21-2004, 12:23 PM
Well, how can you judge it by scores and not playing it ? Rent it first then post your review about it here. :)

i supposed there's always renting it. i actually never rent games. i ususally decided whether or not it's worth buying new, waiting for a used game to show up at gamestop, or just skipping altogether.

if any of you do pick it up, please post your thoughts on it. i know that there will be wide swings in what you think, as already has happened on this post. i think right now i'll wait a bit on it. nfl2k5 should be a good holdover.

CarGuy
07-21-2004, 01:14 PM
I'll wait.. I'm not paying $50 for a game I may or may not like..

SoundX
07-21-2004, 01:27 PM
Woah, I hadn't seen any of these comments made by IGN. Might cancel my pre-order and give it a rent before buying.

studepaber
07-21-2004, 01:27 PM
I'm picking it up today, despite all of the "meh" reviews it's been getting (IGN gave it a 7.8 me thinks and gamespot has yet to review it ooooh but Maxim gave it 5/5 :p ). I think it's getting hurt in the reviews for it's story, characters and longevity (around 20ish hours to beat). Everything else looks great though. If you're looking for a new RPG now and also have a Gamecube (and are strapped for $) you might wanna get Tales of Symphonia instead, or just wait for Fable to come out in September.

Hard Boiled Cop
07-21-2004, 04:26 PM
Its shorter than KOTOR.

lax_defense
07-21-2004, 07:22 PM
Play the demo. If you like it- get it. If not- don't

I, personally, hated the demo and everything about it.

Sigma
07-21-2004, 11:31 PM
Sudeki is going to face the same fate as Brute Force. It will be one of those overhyped games that never lived up the hype, but is still a good game in it's own right. I will probably just wait and buy it when it is cheaper since im a little tight on cash now anyway.

trabucles
07-22-2004, 08:43 AM
i prefered the look it have when it was anounced, now it looks to kiddy.

studepaber
07-22-2004, 10:17 AM
i prefered the look it have when it was anounced, now it looks to kiddy.

Hah are you kidding? They didn't give this game an M rating for nothing! Plenty of blood splatters, mangled bodies and talking decapitated head, doesn't look kiddy to me.

trabucles
07-22-2004, 01:34 PM
well i use to sleep watchin the exorcist every night (I live in the middle of the forest, exactly where the blairwitch tape was found).. so thats normal to me.

Brutus
07-22-2004, 01:42 PM
Man, I saw this & was shocked. I have surround sound & a home theatre system & I thought to myself, man... It was that amazing. Maybe if I didn't work all the time (Sometimes 7 days a week) I'd definitely buy it. But RPG's are time vampires. I'm not into that, I was definitely into this game for the short demo.
If I had the time, I'd get it. F what the reviewers say. It's no DRIV3R, that's for sure.
(I hated that one, literally, before the reviews came out.)