PDA

View Full Version : What do they have that we don't?

darianX
01-23-2002, 01:46 PM
Found this little snip at gamers.com:

Although it had previously been revealed by developer Argonaut, Sierra made it official today that its Sierra Entertainment division will publish the platform game Malice for the PlayStation 2 this fall. The game, which was previously announced as an Xbox exclusive, was added to the PS2's roster when Sierra picked up the publishing rights last year....

Heres the kicker:

While Argonaut claims that both versions will look similar, the PS2 version is said to feature some enhancements over the Xbox version.

The question as posted in the subject if anyone can answer: what do they really have that we don't?? :(

Ninja Scroll
01-23-2002, 01:57 PM
I dont know about the PS2 having any enhancement when we all know d@mn well the Xbox is 10 times more powerful than that sissy system!
I dont really care nor does most people about this game coming to the PS2 as well since it's not like this game is gonna be a killer app or anything.
But yes, it was exclusive to Xbox at one point, but i say,...who cares!?
Im not spending my hard earned paper on this game!

:rolleyes:

l Maximus l
01-23-2002, 01:57 PM
Who are you referring to when you say "we" and "they"? It's a little misleading.

By the way, the rumor that Malice will have additions on the PoS2 is ridiculous. If anything, you're assbackwards...the XBox has nearly three times the power of that of the PoS2...not the other way around. ;)

I wasn't planning on purchasing this game anyhow. It's not my cup of tea, so to speak.

darianX
01-23-2002, 02:01 PM
A bit of clarification..."they" are the PS2 boyz, and "we" are the Xbox folks...and here's the link to that article:

http://www.gamers.com/news/1075599

l Maximus l
01-23-2002, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by darianX
A bit of clarification..."they" are the PS2 boyz, and "we" are the Xbox folks...and here's the link to that article:

http://www.gamers.com/news/1075599

lol, darianX...I think you meant to switch the word "we" and "they", therefore, the context of your beginning post of this thread would make more sense.

But, that's besides the point. lol...It's all good, though...I'm just glad you refer yourself as an XBoxer :D

Also, thanks for posting the site...it clears a lot of the confusion up. But, if you think about it, if someone just "said" that the PoS2 version will have enhancements, it really doesn't spell out who actually "said" it. I mean, a janitor could have "said" it...or a PoS2 fanboy may have "said" it... It would only be valid if the head Project Manager that is developing this game from Sierra that would give this article more impact for justification.

The idea of the PoS2 version to have enhancements over the XBox version is pretty ludicrous to say the least. With a system that only has 1/3 of the processing speed of that of the XBox and lacking the intensity of the nVidia video card only makes this even more puzzling...lol...Anyway, just my .00000000000002 :D

Ninja Scroll
01-23-2002, 02:11 PM
Yo wax, whatever you and this newbie are having a missunderstanding about doesnt really matter that much since it's based on a thread that is about a game that no one will even buy!:D

l Maximus l
01-23-2002, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by Ninja Scroll
Yo wax, whatever you and this newbie are having a missunderstanding about doesnt really matter that much since it's based on a thread that is about a game that no one will even buy!:D

Good point, my little sidekick :D

skoot182
01-23-2002, 02:14 PM
Good point, Dad :D

Shadow Fox
01-23-2002, 02:44 PM
Hmmm....actually, this is one of the beta titles I played that made me preorder an Xbox last summer....

I like the premise of this game, and I'm assuming that Argonaut is adding "enchancements" to the PS2 version because it is the newer of the two, seeing as they've been working on Malice Xbox for over 2 years now. Probably new modes or something; probably nothing the Xbox couldn't do, but probably something Argonaut can't implement in time for the Xbox launch of this title...

-Official Ninja of GameTavern (and NDose)

BiohazardEHW
01-23-2002, 02:50 PM
It's physically impossible for a PS2 to have more enhancements or whatever than the Xbox. Plus, Malice is a stupid midget game, something that PS2 is famous for...which isnt really a good thing...

Hugh_Jass
01-23-2002, 03:21 PM
Translation: We have to prop-up the PS2 version because the graphics are going to suck.

The PlayStation 2 version will include its own unique levels of platforming adventure, as well as a unique shadow system as part of an engine tuned specifically for PlayStation 2.

"All of this additional content will complement the distinctive modes of play with a visual feast for the gamer," said Joss Ellis, COO, Argonaut Games PLC. "Malice is being developed to take full advantage of the PlayStation 2 architecture."

http://ps2.ign.com/news/41124.html

Snoopy7548
01-23-2002, 04:51 PM
yea, when the game is taking the full power of the ps2, it will look the same as the xbox version which will only be taking like half the power of the xbox.

skoot182
01-23-2002, 05:26 PM
What do they have that we dont?

The letter P, The letter S, And the number 2 :D