PDA

View Full Version : Fable-What should I expect?

memphissheik
07-22-2004, 11:45 AM
I was up at my old job (gamestop) talking to a few of my friends, and one of them started talking about Fable.

I now this may sound dumb, but what would I be missing?
My first real experience with anything remotely RPG was KOTOR, and I freakin' loved that game.

Anything good coming?

Brutus
07-22-2004, 01:26 PM
Dude, the only reason why you can get away with writing this is because you've got a #67 up in the corner.
Even with that many, you're pushing it.
FABLE is the game that has been in production FOR the Xbox before it's conception.
It promises stellar graphics, lighting, texture mapping & particle effects. Amazing use of the HARD Drive, & gushing the juice out of the mother board like a Zit.
Next comes the story; With Peter Molyneux holding the reins you're in for a ride that pushes the limits of your imagination. Trust me, this is one that you want.
I want it immensly bad & I hate RPG's. He's re-inventing what RPG means.

memphissheik
07-22-2004, 03:30 PM
*l* I read more than I post..not a lurker..just know when someone knows more than I do...
okay..cool...looks like I have some reserving to do.

XboxGamers
07-22-2004, 10:55 PM
Dude, the only reason why you can get away with writing this is because you've got a #67 up in the corner.

LMAO!

Fable will own everything! :p

Shadow20002
07-23-2004, 01:00 AM
Fable is the way to get a Xbox....

Variation-XBA
07-23-2004, 01:57 AM
Hope they start doing some commercials so more peopel hear about it

rpgreligion
07-23-2004, 03:10 AM
I believe Fable will be reason enough to buy an Xbox if you don't already own one. This is going to be the rpg of rpgs if everything goes as expected. I've been waiting on it since the Xbox launch, and I'm glad it's finally almost here.

Kraft
07-23-2004, 04:39 AM
Ok, so right now I am ducking to avoid all of the bottles and cans that are about to be thrown at me, but I am doubting Fable is going to be the game to end all games. Don't get me wrong, the game looked absolutely fabulous last time I was at E3 and they've had a year to improve on it... but with all the hype surrounding it I am betting that a lot of people expecting a hard core RPG will be kinda disappointed.

From the way it looks Fable is going to be a crazy fun game that is not so hell-bent on 'leveling up' and stuff like that, and more focused on taking a man through life and seeing what will become of him. In that aspect you can expect it to feel sorta like KOTOR as far as character developement, but taken up a few notches. This is going to be a GREAT game for people who kinda like the RPG elements in games but hate the tedious 'kill 1000000 enemies to make your character cool' scheme.

All in all: Fable will only sell Xbox's if people are into this sort of game. The same can be said of Halo when Xbox first came out. FPS lovers were nutting over it and buying Xbox's left and right (and I was included in this). Of course people who weren't FPS fans had no clue why everyone else was going ballistic over the game. The same case will most likely be with Fable. To say that everyone in the world, their estranged brother, half cousins and recently deceased great grandmothers are going to love this game is a tad shortsighted.

iloveRPGs
07-23-2004, 08:26 AM
Not only must you get Fable if you love KOTOR you have to get Jade Empire, KOTOR 2, and Sudeki, too (which is already out). And by the way F-U Kraft!

Brutus
07-23-2004, 10:59 AM
Yeah! (Throwing Bottles Now!) F-U Kraft! :cuss:
We all know that FABLE will rule. You see, you speak of HALO like only a few people like it. Man When I bought my Box I'd never played an FPS except for the original DOOM. Soon after I bought it, HALO was my favorite game. I'd only liked RPG's.
Now I hate RPG's because it's the same hit one button attack...
Fable changes all the rules. It's worth the play because it's going to be cooler than any other before it's time, ever.
I'm so looking forward to scarring someone & coming back to that point in time to see a scar accross someone's face.

Duke
07-23-2004, 11:20 AM

Yes, because post counts mean everything. :rolleyes:

faceoff508
07-23-2004, 11:36 AM
Hope they start doing some commercials so more peopel hear about it

I have seen ads in magazines. The biggest one was 3 pages long. Can't wait for it.

Spaztic
07-23-2004, 11:56 AM
There have been way to many games that were hyped that didn't deliver. Not saying this is one, just saying I won't hold my breath. Etiher way I am going to get this game. Not not reserving a copy.

Brutus
07-23-2004, 12:10 PM
Yes, because post counts mean everything. :rolleyes:
Man, I thought he was a NooB. But him asking that was idiotic. That's like asking, hey you guys, Do you think Doom III is going to be a good game?

memphissheik
07-23-2004, 12:49 PM
Man, I thought he was a NooB. But him asking that was idiotic. That's like asking, hey you guys, Do you think Doom III is going to be a good game?

whoa whoa...
a joke here...yeah I'll take that..but hold upon questioning my ability to reason....and act accordingly.
I asked because I knew people would respond.
There have been plenty of games that others have come out saying they'd buy and in turn the game would be awesome.
Max Payne 2 was a must have that gave so-so results....so was Driver 3.
I asked about the game because I don't lean towards RPG's on a daily basis. If you wanna call me an idiot, first learn the difference between ignorance and stupidity.

If you're ignorant of the facts then you just don't know.
If you know the facts and you still make a bad decision, you're just dumb.

SkoalMint
07-23-2004, 01:06 PM
I think it is a very valid question. I've been somewhat following Fable from the Project Ego days when there was a lot more being promised in this game than what we are hearing today. So I think the question of "What should I expect" is a good question. Personally, I'm getting tired of all of the hype. It's been about three years since we first heard about this game and most of the news we hear is about features that are no longer being supported. I can only be told so many times that if I chop down a tree as a young man and come back as an old man I'll see a stump there.

All that being said, I'd still wager that the game is going to be hella fun and I'll definitely own it. However, I still don't know what to expect.

Variation-XBA
07-23-2004, 04:12 PM
I have seen ads in magazines. The biggest one was 3 pages long. Can't wait for it.

Saw it for the first time other day, cool ad:)

What does that have to do with this thread?

rpgreligion
07-23-2004, 06:40 PM
Yeah, a valid question wanting a simple reponse is real idiotic. :rolleyes:

He hasn't been following the game for 3 years, so he posted his question on an xbox forum. Sounds reasonable to me, but to each his own.

Is Doom III going to be good? :D

Satch
07-24-2004, 02:06 AM
LOL at rpgreligion!

StevXtreme
07-24-2004, 02:17 AM
Why doesn't everybody go at www.gametrailers.com? There you can find 6 or 7 trailers of Fable! This way everyone will think what he wants about the progress of Fable!