PDA

View Full Version : Describe your Halo LAN wars here!!!

AVXbox
01-23-2002, 03:24 PM
We were doing 4vs4(2 tvs 4 on each) and it was on the blood gultch map. I was running around in the middle of the map with a rocket launcher. I saw a tank rumbling over the hill and blasted mt friend that was driving it. Then to check it out, the other 3 guys got in a warthog and drove over to where i was. My cloak wore out and they were driving right at me with their chaingun going..so i then jumped behind a rock and the next pass they took a landed a plasma grenade onto their wart hog. Then the warthog flew into the air with the driver dead but the passenger and gunner were flung off injured. So then I took out my rocket launcher and blassed them off myh tail. By then I didnt know that my friend that i killed in the tank was sniping me from the hill above on of the basses. Then i saw the bullet trails whizzing by me and ground spewing up from where they landed. while he was reloading i took aim and shot a rocket launcher up there that only injured him. Then i took a cloak and ran up there behind him and melled his head killing him in one hit..PM me if you want to here more of my stories

l Maximus l
01-23-2002, 05:34 PM
Wow, your Chief Commander must be invincible. Please, more stories so I can read them all in "awww" and drool all over the place as I feel the need to worship :rolleyes:

Caspel
01-23-2002, 06:05 PM
Tomarrow I am holding my 3rd LAN party with around 8 people. This time I was able to get the best guy from the other side of the town to come play me. We'll duel until death. I have been reigning champ lately. Blood Gultch isnt the biggest level, Sidewinder is and I love to use my Marine pistols. Its going to be very brutal, I have some surprises in store for him.

So tomarrow I am starting at 9:30 until 3 maybe a little longer. i will tell you how everything fares out. Tonight I am going through a couple more levels on legendary. For now, the reigning champ around here goes in tomarrow undefeated. Hopefully everything goes out well for me.

l Maximus l
01-23-2002, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by Caspel-XBA
Tomarrow I am holding my 3rd LAN party with around 8 people. This time I was able to get the best guy from the other side of the town to come play me. We'll duel until death. I have been reigning champ lately. Blood Gultch isnt the biggest level, Sidewinder is and I love to use my Marine pistols. Its going to be very brutal, I have some surprises in store for him.

So tomarrow I am starting at 9:30 until 3 maybe a little longer. i will tell you how everything fares out. Tonight I am going through a couple more levels on legendary. For now, the reigning champ around here goes in tomarrow undefeated. Hopefully everything goes out well for me.

Hey, Caspel...do you play on-line via Gamespy? I just started last weekend...and, man! I have become a celebrity amongst my local buddies :D It's so much fun...tonight, I am having two buddies over to play on-line again...this is been the pattern every evening since last Saturday :D

I thought I was "Mr. Bad Ass" until I met some people on GameSpy...I found that my ass was in a sling. But, by playing them more and more, I have becoming a lot better...so, now I am only above average on that site! lol...I only have a handful of blue ribbons under my belt...no dead lasts....but, if you want a challenge, I strongly recommend downloading GameSpy if you haven't already :)

Caspel
01-23-2002, 07:16 PM
Well like I said, I only have a 56k modem and I am almost positive I am not really able to use this slow connection under Gamespy. I do indeed have Gamespy on my computer for some reason, with Gamespy Arcade.

Well I am the best in town on Halo, tomarrow I will make sure of that playing one of the better people from around here for the first time.

xboxman_1
01-23-2002, 09:27 PM
I have been having 4v4 (sometimes my friedn and I against 4) LAN parties since christmas. Anything less than that isnt good enough anymore. I'm goin online this weekend Maximus, if you want a real challenge........

AVXbox
01-24-2002, 02:38 PM
lol..i will own all of you guys online..name is: Unbeatable

AVXbox
01-24-2002, 08:05 PM
bump dis *****

Whisper
01-24-2002, 08:18 PM
it sucks that 56kers cant play online :( dam me to hell!

monkeyman
01-24-2002, 08:44 PM
yep im a 56ker also and i cant a better connection untill like a year and a half so if i do get my halo online ill probably do the microsoft version way thingy

skoot182
01-24-2002, 08:54 PM
Word.

Ummm, i mean...
Me Too , Monkeyman :D

Caspel
01-25-2002, 06:46 AM
Yesterday, the undefeated champ prevailed and I am still undefeated. I had 6 people over yesterday once again since 2 of the other people weren't able to and I came out on top.

I had that one guy pay me a visit for the first time to face him in Halo, and he was a little more of a challenge but I won in the end. It was a close one, a couple of a times.

JJaX
01-25-2002, 08:25 AM
<\====cant touch this........

Any LAN or muliplayer halo battle will have its share of epic battle stories. Thats the beauty of it. Theres something new every bout.

Huckleberry
01-25-2002, 12:58 PM
since january 1st, we've had approximately 12 extended halo days or evenings. there have been 4 all-day events...starting anywhere from 9:30 am to noon, and ending at 9 or 10 at night. a couple of monday nights ago, 14 people were over at 7 pm and left at 2:45 am...and we're all working folk...no students or slackers here...well, except for feffer ;-)

we rarely have less than 12 people (this caused we box owners to invest another 120 bucks on controllers), and when we started there were perhaps 3 really good players, about 5 non-liability players, and the rest really sucked. well, much like maximus said, playing makes you better...fast. if you don't want to sit for 15 seconds every time you die (we up the time as a penalty), you have to adapt.

well, now we have 8 dead-solid players...a team that i think could beat most any 8 player competition, and the other 15 or so people that attend somewhat regularly can now hold their own for the most part.

the only thing that sucks is getting all those morons to clean up after themselves before they leave my house!

l Maximus l
01-25-2002, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by Huckleberry
since january 1st, we've had approximately 12 extended halo days or evenings. there have been 4 all-day events...starting anywhere from 9:30 am to noon, and ending at 9 or 10 at night. a couple of monday nights ago, 14 people were over at 7 pm and left at 2:45 am...and we're all working folk...no students or slackers here...well, except for feffer ;-)

we rarely have less than 12 people (this caused we box owners to invest another 120 bucks on controllers), and when we started there were perhaps 3 really good players, about 5 non-liability players, and the rest really sucked. well, much like maximus said, playing makes you better...fast. if you don't want to sit for 15 seconds every time you die (we up the time as a penalty), you have to adapt.

well, now we have 8 dead-solid players...a team that i think could beat most any 8 player competition, and the other 15 or so people that attend somewhat regularly can now hold their own for the most part.

the only thing that sucks is getting all those morons to clean up after themselves before they leave my house!

lol...I know what you mean about the clean up situation! :D

Playing on-line has really increased my Halo gaming ability. Before I got on-line, I thought I was a serious bad ass...I mean, I kicked the crap out of any of my buddies that came over...of course, they were getting better...but, still, they were no match.

But, when I went on-line on Gamespy, I couldn't believe how bad I was compared to many of the gamers on there! lol...I have noticed that I was only bad ass because I was playing crap players... Now that I am playing GOOD players, it makes a huge difference...my gaming ability has shot up big time since last weekend and I keep getting better every night. I still don't consider myself "professional" due to the fact that there are some serious bad asses on-line, but, I'm getting there.

Practice makes perfect...I agree. And, playing GOOD players makes a world of difference. Here are some tactics that I have learned that really improved my game play:

1. I learned that even the pistol is very effective. But, ONLY if you paste your opponent in the head. Body shots are not very effective in comparison.

2. In close combat, learn to master the punch move. A couple blaps with the fist and your opponent is kissing soil and drowning in their blood. This takes a lot of practice to master.

3. I've also learned to move around more...A LOT more...because, after you kill someone, they tend to go back to the same place where you killed them seeking for revenge. If you move around a lot, you will find them in the same spot where you can go in and give them a little surprise by "welcoming them back" ;)

I could go on and on and on...I still have much to learn...right now, I'm focussing on mastering the rocket launcher.

JJaX
01-25-2002, 01:49 PM
Ive compiled a list of some of my strategy in this thread:

http://www.xboxaddict.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=5579

Enjoy!

AVXbox
01-25-2002, 10:01 PM
havin 15 people over tonight..ill tell you how it turns out tommorow

AVXbox
01-26-2002, 04:59 PM
bumpin

Caspel
02-03-2002, 01:53 PM
6 people came over again for another Halo LAN Party. Again I came out undefeated, my record right now is 27-0. I had a new person here, who was supposed to be good and he was an okay player but not up to standards like everyone else said he was. I beat him so as of right now I have a win list against 9 other people. I am #1 out of 9 others. So that would be a list of 10 people with me at the top.

I am not going to have one next weekend like I was hoping but most likely the one after that. So far I have held 4-5 LAN Parties and champion of all of them.

I am great on singles competition just I never really get a good team together for myself lol. Soon I will get a little Clan going on maybe and we will have to face others from around Michigan maybe. That would be some serious fun.

I will report once again on my next LAN Party whenever I am able to get another one going again. I like my undefeated streak though, sounds good when talking to others and playing others lol.