PDA

View Full Version : DOAU What's the point?

Mr. Mojo
07-23-2004, 02:31 PM
From what I've read DOAU is just a compitation of the previous releases. What's the point. Why would I want to buy DOA1 and 2? Why not just release a 4?

Mr. Mojo

JJaX
07-23-2004, 02:44 PM
It will be the first online 3d fighter.

LTM360
07-23-2004, 04:01 PM
DOA Ultimate is a compliation of DOA 1 and 2. Two will receive a massive graphics overhaul (think gfx's of DOA: Beach Volleyball) and 1 will stay the same as it was on Sega Saturn. Both games will feature online play, which is a first for 3D fighting. I personally, can't wait. :)

l Maximus l
07-23-2004, 06:14 PM
I think it's going to be some serious eye candy in HDTV. I'll likely check this game out...maybe not buy, but, atleast rent for sure.

Ninja Scroll
07-23-2004, 06:36 PM
It will be the first online 3d fighter.
Dats right! And it's gonna be hot to def! DOA aint da deepest fighter out there, but it will be vastly entertaining! Da downside is it is a button masher, but first 3D fighter ever online is summin dis cat just cant pass up!
I aint feelin da idea of DOA1, but I aint complain as it will be 2 games in 1 box, sounds 2 sweeeeeeeet!! :hump:

btw, I gonna murk yo ass wit Hitomi on dat joint JJax! :D

Darkside
07-23-2004, 07:51 PM
How is DOA a button masher?

Ninja Scroll
07-23-2004, 08:06 PM
How is DOA a button masher?
Just mash on dem buttons and you will do moves dat will put Michael Jackson to shame. :rolleyes:

Com'on dawg, you play dis joint and Soul Calibur 1 & 2 and see foe ya-self.
SC is a classic. Matta fact da first joint on Sega Dreamcast is still considered da greatest fighting game of all-times.
It even got a 10/10/10/10 score from da most respected review magazine in videogame history ala Famitsu Japan.

Nuff said.

DOA2 & 3 are aight fighters, but know where in SC's league other than killer visuals which aint sayin much since it's all about gameplay, ya huuurd me mang! :hump:

Darkside
07-23-2004, 08:15 PM
Oh, well I don't really button mash when I play so yeah.. :confused:

as for Soul Calibur I tottally agree

Variation-XBA
07-23-2004, 08:31 PM
I give up trying to read his posts, but yea, I don't agree, it's not a Button Masher...

LTM360
07-23-2004, 08:34 PM
Just mash on dem buttons and you will do moves dat will put Michael Jackson to shame. :rolleyes:

Com'on dawg, you play dis joint and Soul Calibur 1 & 2 and see foe ya-self.
SC is a classic. Matta fact da first joint on Sega Dreamcast is still considered da greatest fighting game of all-times.
It even got a 10/10/10/10 score from da most respected review magazine in videogame history ala Famitsu Japan.

Nuff said.

DOA2 & 3 are aight fighters, but know where in SC's league other than killer visuals which aint sayin much since it's all about gameplay, ya huuurd me mang! :hump:

Soul Calibur - I can't say anything I never played it.
Soul Calibur II - You're joking right? This is the worst fighting game I've ever played, easily the most overrated game.

DOA isn't a button masher, you play someone who knows how to do stuff (myself) and mash buttons, you'll get owned. You an me Scroll when DOA: Ultimate comes out! :)

Shadow20002
07-24-2004, 12:39 AM
DOAU will be the first game to be online in the 3D fighting games for Xbox. Tecmo want to make sure everyone just own the complete series and not to miss some of the best figthing series.

JJaX
07-24-2004, 12:48 AM
Soul Calibur - I can't say anything I never played it.
Soul Calibur II - You're joking right? This is the worst fighting game I've ever played, easily the most overrated game.

DOA isn't a button masher, you play someone who knows how to do stuff (myself) and mash buttons, you'll get owned. You an me Scroll when DOA: Ultimate comes out! :)

YOU'RE Joking right?

SC2 is the best fighting game ever made. You probably just really suck at it.

DOA is a button masher.

You can put up a decent if you can:

Counter
Mash buttons
Block

DOA is very shallow compared to SC2.

Darkside
07-24-2004, 12:52 AM
The only real button mashers I would know of are 2D fighters :confused:

but SC is NOT a button masher, and it is one of the best fighters on xbox

Iron Phoenix, I wonder what'll be like a lot

Cryogenic Pyro
07-24-2004, 01:02 AM
I think any current fighting game can be called a button masher by the right person. All I can say is that in Soul Calibur II when I fight guys on hard, I can't beat them when I actually use skill my skill(which isn't very good, but better than anyone I know), but when I button mash, they usually don't even get a chance.

I don't care if DOAU will be a button masher. All I can say is let the boobs fly!

SoundX
07-24-2004, 04:36 AM
I think any current fighting game can be called a button masher by the right person. All I can say is that in Soul Calibur II when I fight guys on hard, I can't beat them when I actually use skill my skill(which isn't very good, but better than anyone I know), but when I button mash, they usually don't even get a chance.

It's pritty easy to win button bashing on Soul Calibur 2 against a CPU player, but seriously, actual players will own anyone who even tries it. :hump:

Any Dead or Alive Ultimate will be great, but I hope their won't be XBox Live records, because it's pritty random who gets the KO.

JJaX
07-24-2004, 01:14 PM
It's pritty easy to win button bashing on Soul Calibur 2 against a CPU player, but seriously, actual players will own anyone who even tries it. :hump:

DING! DING! DING! DING!

THank you!

Sigma
07-24-2004, 01:29 PM
Virtua Fighter 4: Evolution is the best 3D fighter IMO. I think it is even better the Soul Calibur 2 *GASP!*. VF4 Evo has an extremely deep combat system and button mashing will get you no where. In SC2 you can easily button mash and get a cheap victory.

Darkside
07-24-2004, 01:54 PM
Virtua Fighter 4 is definitly better than SC 2 to bad its not on Xbox.

In that game its so hard to button mash because it gets you nowhere

l Maximus l
07-24-2004, 01:59 PM
Sweet! Fighting game debate!!!

There's no question that DOA is a button masher...but, I think Ninja Scroll said it the best in his first post. The game is still going to be sweet ala XBox Live...and it's the first 3d Fighting game and definately a peice of eye candy...especially in HDTV.

Can a veteran DOA player own a n00b who is button mashing? Definately, but, the button masher would hold his own and definately land some punches, for sure.

With Soul Caliber II, a skilled player playing against a button mashing n00b can actually get his victory without having a single centimeter of his health gage decreasing.

And, I agree with Sigma, too....V4 is right up there with the best of fighting games when it comes to depth...it's right up there with SC II, there's no question.

So, all in all, DOAU is likely going to be a very fun game....provide some great eye candy, and it's the very first on-line 3D fighter on XBox. It's not the deepest fighting game in the world, but, it will definately be a lot of fun and will be well rounded for the XBox Live audience, I think.

JJaX
07-24-2004, 02:13 PM
In SC2 you can easily button mash and get a cheap victory.

Against someone who doesnt know how to play, YES.

Against someone with skill, NO

trabucles
07-24-2004, 03:05 PM
i.ve been watching a couple of MK deception vids and it looks better to me, it doesnt have sexy girls on it, but the point of a fighting game is blood, gore and non-sense fights with a lot of violence.. DOA doesnt have that.

Mk Deception even has 3 mini games, chess, puzzle and konquest. DOA is just smash button fighting.. or just press the X button to make the counter move..

l Maximus l
07-24-2004, 06:08 PM
I'm definately going to rent MK Deception before buying it. I was pretty disappointed with MK's last installment. The framerate was enough to ruin it for me...and this comes from a hardcore MK fan. MK Deadly Alliance was a good improvement from MK 4, but, not MK Trilogy which rocked. Hopefually, MK Deception is the best of them all...there's no question I'm going to miss out on it...but, the last two installments are motivating me to rent it first....the old "try before you buy" thing going on for me...