PDA

View Full Version : xbox on the carpet

Azazel
01-23-2002, 05:19 PM
Just wondering hw many of you out there keep your xbox on the carpet (including when you play). I am also curious what your opinions are about doing so, since for some of us that is the only place available. I know it is not really reccommended, but I keep mine there and play for hours with no problems, however theres always that thought in the back of my mind that something might happen.

l Maximus l
01-23-2002, 05:21 PM
If you are concerned, place something underneathe it. As long as your XBox gets enough air, it should be fine, just like any electronic device. I know for a fact that it won't burn a hole into your carpet! lol :)

skoot182
01-23-2002, 05:24 PM
Its fine on the carpet, i kept mine there for a while

E-Xbox
01-23-2002, 06:38 PM
hey
yes i use to keep mine on the carpet until i found a great idea

i put my xbox....on ....my xbox....BOX!!
its sooo sweet
i love it

lata :)

l Maximus l
01-23-2002, 07:08 PM
To boost your XBox above the carpet, may I recommend using new beer caps to allow it to hover. But, remember, you must drink all of the beer really fast!!!!!! :D

monkeyman
01-23-2002, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by Maximus
To boost your XBox above the carpet, may I recommend using new beer caps to allow it to hover. But, remember, you must drink all of the beer really fast!!!!!! :D hahaha

skoot182
01-23-2002, 08:05 PM
cause, ya know, the beer caps woulnt work if you didnt drink it fast, they gotta be fresh :D

Shadow Fox
01-23-2002, 08:43 PM
Yeah, I also wondered about this, as I've had the box setup on the carpet in my parent's house for month. Apparently it's done no harm, as it's been working like a charm since I've moved it back into my apartment...

I wouldn't advise you keep your Xbox on the carpet though; but like everyone else said, if you're gonna keep it on the floor, prop it up so it can breathe. You shouldn't have any problems.;)

-Official Ninja of GameTavern (and NDose)

skoot182
01-23-2002, 08:46 PM
Shadow, congrats on 1000 (posts)

Shadow Fox
01-23-2002, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by skoot182
Shadow, congrats on 1000 (posts) Thanx, I barely keep up w/ my post count here....I'm normally posting at GameTavern.net, but for some reason I've posted faster here in three months than I have a whole year there....wierd...:confused:

-Official Ninja of GameTavern (and NDose)

Azazel
01-23-2002, 10:04 PM
Thanks E-xbox, I thought keeping the box might come in handy! Just wanted to say that this forum is dope. I post a question and 2 minutes later I found 2 replys, now thats service! Xbox kicks ass.

scarecrow kfj
01-24-2002, 08:17 AM
If you do keep it on the carepet just pick up a can of compressed air to blow out your box. The carpet collects dust and the fabric also tends to "dust". Just blow out the box maybe once a month to keep it maintanced. Yes I know my spelling is bad but I only had 3 hrs of sleep.
Max I am starting to get like you ... lol

Chr0nik
01-24-2002, 12:00 PM
I would use a PS2 as a rest under my XBOX, at least it would have some use.

l Maximus l
01-24-2002, 12:01 PM
I strongly recommend keeping the XBox in a cooler full of ice...you don't want it to get too hot. Also, if you get the time and enough money, a great place to play is in a walk-in freezer...again, this minimizes the potential for extensive heat. Fans come in handy, too...there's nothing like a good breeze of cool air keeping the XBox from turning into magma. With this combination, you can know for sure that your XBox won't get too hot...I hope this helps. :)

oscarc619
01-24-2002, 12:16 PM
Definitely prop it off of your carpet. There is a lot more dust and lint in carpet fibers than if it were on a stand of some type. If this stuff gets inside it could cause issues. Now if it's only there for a while it shouldn't be a problem. Just a suggestion.

E-Xbox
01-24-2002, 03:09 PM
np ty
lata
:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)