PDA

View Full Version : So I have Sudeki In Front of Me

AmpedRider
07-25-2004, 03:03 PM
Sudeki is sitting right infront of me unopened. What should I do?

No Fear 23
07-25-2004, 03:48 PM
return it. i heard not many ppl liked it

MixMasta
07-25-2004, 03:53 PM
I rented it yesterday. I'd return it if I were you. It's okay, but its not worth 50 bucks. Wait till its 20 bucks or just rent it. I had a rent one get one free coupon so I picked this and Theif 3 up

The IGN review said it took 17 hours to beat and there is no replay value so I can beat it in five days...rentaL!!!!

SoundX
07-25-2004, 04:11 PM
I would complete it, quick, and then sell it on ebay.

LTM360
07-25-2004, 04:17 PM
Return it and go rent it...

Peepers
07-25-2004, 04:20 PM
Unless you are the world's number one fan of RPG's to the point where you will love mediocre ones, return it.

MixMasta
07-25-2004, 05:38 PM
I started playing it, I completed the first major quest (getting the princess home) and I am actually enjoying the game. The combat is really fun, and the spirit strikes are awesome.

But I'm still sticking with the rental philosphy because according to IGN the game only takes 17 hours to beat and there is no replay value so why spend 50 on it?? 30 maybe, but not 50!

Peepers
07-25-2004, 06:10 PM
I started playing it, I completed the first major quest (getting the princess home) and I am actually enjoying the game. The combat is really fun, and the spirit strikes are awesome.

But I'm still sticking with the rental philosphy because according to IGN the game only takes 17 hours to beat and there is no replay value so why spend 50 on it?? 30 maybe, but not 50!

Only 17 hours? Then Monky you must return it. Return it now! Just rent it once or twice and save yourself $40.

MixMasta
07-25-2004, 06:21 PM
Only 17 hours? Then Monky you must return it. Return it now! Just rent it once or twice and save yourself $40.

Where do you rent from? BB charges 6.50 to rent for a game. RIP OFF!!!

But I used a rent one get one free coupon, they always have them in OXM. Use it.

AmpedRider
07-25-2004, 09:45 PM
I cant justify paying blockbuster almost $7 to rent a game. **** for $43 more I could have it and what if I like the game? I end up paying $58ish instead of $50. So I normally figure WTH.

MixMasta
07-25-2004, 09:56 PM
Dude I am actually enjoying this game the more I play. I'm in the temples right now.

Shadow20002
07-25-2004, 10:25 PM
Maybe renting it is better.

lllusion
07-25-2004, 10:28 PM
wow, i'am the only one who voted trash can :P

blockbuster=ripoff! i rather go to a local renting place

Peepers
07-25-2004, 10:36 PM
I cant justify paying blockbuster almost $7 to rent a game. **** for $43 more I could have it and what if I like the game? I end up paying $58ish instead of $50. So I normally figure WTH.

OK, then what's your retailer's return policy? I think some retailers have a seven day no-questions-asked return policy (probably for store credit). That might be something worth looking at.

EDIT: On second thought, I'd just return it. I bet that within a few weeks Sudeki will be $30 or less anyway.

AmpedRider
07-26-2004, 09:43 AM
Well I opened and played about 3 hours last night and DAMN. What an awesome game.

thrAsher
07-26-2004, 09:52 AM
I initially was very disappointed in the game, but after a good couple hours last night (I'm very near the end, now) I'm really starting to love the combat, at least. Upgrades rule, and my Chain Sword is the shizzy. I started thinking about all the stuff I'd passed up, like finding all the totems and the five or six secret areas I had to pass up because I didn't have the right party member w/ me at the time. I came to a point last night where I have to talk to this chick when 'I'm ready' and decided to go level up my characters a ton. Most fun I've had w/ the game so far, busting around the various worlds w/ my crew all totally badass. Some areas now I just cream the opposition.

Anyhow, starting to feel like I wasn't quite so gipped. I was just expecting something different. My current Sudeki rating has gone up from a 3.5 to a 4 out of 5, if not for the combat alone.

BTW, Buki=teh chit.

Brutus
07-26-2004, 11:53 AM
man. I don't prefer RPG's anymore. I got the demo though, gave it a go & liked it... Even with it's cheesy Japanese-esque RPG Elements, it's totally an English iteration of all things good and does a great job with it. Stellar Visuals & I haven't heard that good of sound in a while... Killer!
If I had the time for it, I'd definitely buy this one!

MixMasta
07-26-2004, 03:50 PM
I initially was very disappointed in the game, but after a good couple hours last night (I'm very near the end, now) I'm really starting to love the combat, at least. Upgrades rule, and my Chain Sword is the shizzy. I started thinking about all the stuff I'd passed up, like finding all the totems and the five or six secret areas I had to pass up because I didn't have the right party member w/ me at the time. I came to a point last night where I have to talk to this chick when 'I'm ready' and decided to go level up my characters a ton. Most fun I've had w/ the game so far, busting around the various worlds w/ my crew all totally badass. Some areas now I just cream the opposition.

Anyhow, starting to feel like I wasn't quite so gipped. I was just expecting something different. My current Sudeki rating has gone up from a 3.5 to a 4 out of 5, if not for the combat alone.

BTW, Buki=teh chit.

How many hours have you logged?? I just beat Ghara and I am in the shadow realm, 4 hours so far logged. I got to beat it by Wedseday.

CMX Jedi
07-26-2004, 05:20 PM
Where do you rent from? BB charges 6.50 to rent for a game. RIP OFF!!!

But I used a rent one get one free coupon, they always have them in OXM. Use it.
holy crap :yikes: the one here only costs $4.99 for a week

AlphaCigara
07-26-2004, 10:17 PM
I'm in the same exact situation as Monky, and even though playing it now sounds fun, i'll take LTM's advice and

Return it and go rent it...

XboxDon
07-26-2004, 10:30 PM
plenty of people are loving this game on the xbox forums but I would rent it also!!!
I here it is great but not much replay value, so renting is the best way to go.

thrAsher
07-27-2004, 02:43 AM
How many hours have you logged?? I just beat Ghara and I am in the shadow realm, 4 hours so far logged. I got to beat it by Wedseday.

Almost an even 20. But I unlocked most of the weapons for each character and upgraded every dang slot on every weapon, got to the end, and decided to go and level my characters up some more (30 is tops). But I got bored of that around level 26 and just wiped the **** out of the last boss.

*sigh*

Poor Sudeki. So short, and not all that sweet...

AmpedRider
07-27-2004, 01:27 PM
20 hours already? Ive got like 4 or 5 lol