PDA

View Full Version : Best 3D Fighter to Grace the Xbox

Brutus
07-26-2004, 06:15 PM
Let's end this darn argument once & for all! It's on!
Between the Xbox 3D fighters, which should take the Reign as the Champion Fighter?!

DOA3: Tight Controls, stellar HDTV Graphics & lighting, Tight Physics, Nice Character Selection, Destructible Environments, & Huge Arena's (Remember those Steep Rocky Cliffs) Sound: 5.1 DD
Add that with the believable storyline that portray's everyone's goals (Including Ryu in Ninja Gaiden with Ayane!!!) & you've got my favorite Fighter.

Soul Caliber 2: Wow! Swords! Nice Character Selection. Shoddy Graphics, Nice Physics though, even though they're drastically overdone (Flying into the air...). Regular Old Arena. Non-Destructible Environments & a cliff that you can fall into the Cheesiest sounding water I've ever heard, or just fall forever.
The different weapon's choice is different & convenient. It adds to more depth in a video game but controls either a Vertical or a Horizontal Attack. Dolby Surround & a storyline that is straight out a Dorks & Dragon's Novel. Overall, IMO, good game, not a keeper. It's done & will go down in History just like the fighters who fight the Fireball man, who doesn't have a life, he's just several different people's lives in the midst of fire.

Mortal Kombat - Deadly Alliance: I can't stand this game. If you like Unrealistic flailing pieces of your non-Human & 6 armed guys with one eyball & Fatalityies (You may it's just not mine) Then you'll vote for this one. I don't really know why you guy's would buy this but they've sold a few of em' so if this is your cup of tea, you'll buy it.

The real Decision, IMO, is which of the top two do you like more? Honestly, DOA kicks butt. Always has, always will. Everyone just seems to look past it's greatness.
But, with the English in Soul Caliber 2 & the weapons it seems to hold it's own as a fun Arcade. Then the true arcade, Mortal Kombat.

Vote: Best All Around! Let's see who runs away with it!

Don't forget the controls of the game! How tight are they!?

Sound, & Visual Candy, (Not just, "She kicks high," or, "Check Ivy's blessed Chest!"

How long you've been indulging in it. Soul Caliber & Mortal Kombat have a pretty long "Campaign" For all it's worth. DOA has new downloads & Outfits. It also carry's multiple games that don't suck. DOA: Ryu & Ayane as opposed to Soul Caliber: Spawn.

Go ahead & post all your reasons. Remember, this is the debate to end all debates!

Shadow20002
07-26-2004, 07:19 PM
Dead Or Alive 3. :)

Brutus
07-26-2004, 07:30 PM
& Who can forget the first time they threw someone out the DOATEC Window?!

Young_Fledgling
07-26-2004, 09:03 PM
soul calibur... weapon fighting is much funner.

Sigma
07-26-2004, 11:02 PM
I personally like DOA 3 a tad bit better then Soul Calibur 2, but both are great games and in there own right. MK:DA is a good game as well, but just not in the same league as SC2 and DOA 3 IMO.

LTM360
07-26-2004, 11:19 PM
Dead or Alive 3.

Soul Calibur II is crap, and Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance is even more crap. And I expect the same crap for the next Mortal Kombat... *yawn* just give me Dead or Alive: Ultimate already.

SoundX
07-27-2004, 04:39 AM
Soul Calibur 2,

Out the the three it's the most tactical, you need to think about what your doing and not just mash the buttons untill you get a KO. Button Bashers will can not hold their ground on this one, which is why I love it. You actualy need skill for this, and lots of practise.
It has an in depth story mode, which works with lots of different stipulations and rules, a wide range of weapons to buy which actualy effect your perfomance and aren't just for show.
Overall, just a much better game.

Casper
07-27-2004, 08:31 AM
Soul Calibur 2,

Out the the three it's the most tactical, you need to think about what your doing and not just mash the buttons untill you get a KO. Button Bashers will can not hold their ground on this one, which is why I love it. You actualy need skill for this, and lots of practise.
It has an in depth story mode, which works with lots of different stipulations and rules, a wide range of weapons to buy which actualy effect your perfomance and aren't just for show.
Overall, just a much better game.
What he said.

SC2 is the only true fighting game - MK is too complex for it's own good, and they overkill the blood. And DOA takes no skills to master, or beat a master.

Brutus
07-27-2004, 11:34 AM
Holy Moly! It's neck & neck! I didn't know that that many people liked SCII.
Man, I remember way back on the Dreamcast I made my decision that DOA was the better fighter.
It's a no contest IMO.
I just think that they're both in their own leagues. I can appreciate the weapons but they ought to make it more immense of an adventure. Graphics, Sound, controls. I mean, if they through a few destructable environments in there & made the stages bigger that a small intersection than I might appreciate them more, you know!

CMX Jedi
07-27-2004, 11:44 AM
SC 2
i like to play games with inf health, the only way to win is to knock your friend off the ledge :D takes a while but still fun

JJaX
07-27-2004, 12:14 PM
SC2, I can go on and on...

Brutus
07-27-2004, 12:23 PM
Jjax, you ain't nothing but a dirty Jersey. Like that fat kid on the football squad that spent most of the day on the ground.
Then afterward he get's his arse spanked red by a bunch of wet towels :rofl:
Hahah! That's you, dirty jersey. Just for liking an inferior game! :argue1:

callum
07-27-2004, 12:47 PM
Mortal kombat: DA :D :D :D

SoundX
07-27-2004, 12:51 PM
Mortal Kombat? Callum, Callum, Callum. You need to get yourself a copy of Soul Calibur 2 ;)

Brutus
07-27-2004, 12:59 PM
Disregard that. You need a copy of DOA3 with the Booster Disc!

JJaX
07-27-2004, 01:01 PM
Jjax, you ain't nothing but a dirty Jersey. Like that fat kid on the football squad that spent most of the day on the ground.
Then afterward he get's his arse spanked red by a bunch of wet towels :rofl:
Hahah! That's you, dirty jersey. Just for liking an inferior game! :argue1:

Brutus...

Suck my nuts. Go play DOA with your mouth open you button mashing slob.

Brutus
07-27-2004, 01:27 PM
Brutus...

Suck my nuts. Go play DOA with your mouth open you button mashing slob.

Jjax, I'm so not like that, bro.

I know a few Open guy's though that are into that sort of thing. Maybe they could go to your house & sit down for some SC? You guys could sit around eating Captain Crunch while trying to stick the other with your sword... Unless you're Kilik, you could just smack him with your Staff.

But like I said, I'm just not like that. Sorry.

:rofl:

SoundX
07-27-2004, 01:31 PM
Disregard that. You need a copy of DOA3 with the Booster Disc!

There's a booster disc?

Brutus
07-27-2004, 01:49 PM
There's a booster disc?
Yes.
Allowed for your character's to have an extra choice between 2 - 4 new costumes.

Kept the old ones & made a save file on the HardDrive. From that save was all of the new costumes.

It really brought up the theory that their was a "Nekkid" Mod on the Dead Or Alive Xtreme Beach Volleyball Game. I don't know if their is. But everyone want's it.

Here's a link:
http://www.gamespot.com/xbox/action/deadoralive3/news_2863920.html

Best supported & Best Control along with Best Graphics & Environments = best 3D fighter.

Darkside
07-27-2004, 01:55 PM
Sou Calibur 2.

Much more fun than DOA. Much more stuff to DO than DOA. Better than DOA.

SoundX
07-27-2004, 01:57 PM
Yes.
Allowed for your character's to have an extra choice between 2 - 4 new costumes.

Kept the old ones & made a save file on the HardDrive. From that save was all of the new costumes.

It really brought up the theory that their was a "Nekkid" Mod on the Dead Or Alive Xtreme Beach Volleyball Game. I don't know if their is. But everyone want's it.

Here's a link:
http://www.gamespot.com/xbox/action...ws_2863920.html

Best supported & Best Control along with Best Graphics & Environments = best 3D fighter.

Ah, must have never come out in UK. Annoying.

But meh, I don't care that much. Soul Calibur 2 has loads of costumes :P

JJaX
07-27-2004, 02:02 PM
Jjax, I'm so not like that, bro.

I know a few Open guy's though that are into that sort of thing. Maybe they could go to your house & sit down for some SC? You guys could sit around eating Captain Crunch while trying to stick the other with your sword... Unless you're Kilik, you could just smack him with your Staff.

But like I said, I'm just not like that. Sorry.

Brutus,

I stated SC2 was better, and you insult me.

I don't you are under the impression you can talk to me like this. Buts lets knock it off MMMk?

We arent chums, let that be clear.

Brutus
07-27-2004, 05:27 PM
Brutus,

I stated SC2 was better, and you insult me.

I don't you are under the impression you can talk to me like this. Buts lets knock it off MMMk?

We arent chums, let that be clear.

On the contrary. You told me to suck your nuts!

Stop being childish and slapping me and then saying me slapping you back is wrong.

JJaX
07-27-2004, 06:49 PM
On the contrary. You told me to suck your nuts!

Stop being childish and slapping me and then saying me slapping you back is wrong.

Nuuuu...

I stated my opinion, you insulted me, I retaliated.

Its that simple.

Peepers
07-27-2004, 07:28 PM
DOA3, soon to be dethroned by DOA:U

LTM360
07-27-2004, 08:00 PM
DOA3, soon to be dethroned by DOA:U

Finally, someone, other than myself of course, comes in the thread with some sense. You all claim DOA 3 is a button masher, face up against a good player, like myself, and well see how your button mashing compares. I'm not saying DOA is the most technical, but calling Soul Calibur II a technical game is rediculous. I love fighting games, always have, and SC II is an insult to the genre. The weapons thing, isn't cool, just lame. Fight with fists, not weapons. People who call DOA 3 a button masher I gaurentee can't pull of Ryu Hayabusa's best move, Tina or Baymen's full combo. DOA 3 is not only the best Xbox fighting game, but the best 3D fighting game there is. Period. And, as already stated, it will be dethroned by Dead or Alive: Ultimate.

Mortal Kombat: DA.... doesn't exist. It's awful-ness doesn't need to be spoken about.

JJaX
07-27-2004, 08:07 PM
You are some lame LTM360...

"but calling Soul Calibur II a technical game is rediculous"

Ive been here for quite some time, and that is the stupidest thing I have ever read.

Take me off your XBL friends list. Nevermind, I'll do it later.

LTM360
07-27-2004, 08:11 PM
Yeah you did that like... 7 months ago. :(

Sorry if it offends you for whatever reason... But I personally think SC II is one of the worst fighting games I've ever played. Easily one of the most overrated games I've ever played, Doesn't beat Vice City or Legend of Zelda Wind Waker, but it's up there. Just my opinion.

AlphaCigara
07-27-2004, 08:20 PM
DOA3 is for counter-whores, SC2 is for button mashers...MKDA is the only way to go :D

jkjk...SC2 ownz j00. Tight controls, good graphics, and quite a bit of skill involved

lax_defense
07-28-2004, 01:14 AM
DOA. Come on, who can't resist Gen Fu's kicky up right trigger kicky thing where he kicks up both feet at once. That move ownz all. ;)

Peepers
07-28-2004, 01:54 AM
A fighting thread for fighting games...

TheCovenant
07-28-2004, 04:55 AM
soul calibur 2.

i thought everyone knew doa sucked?

Button mashfest. Jjax seems to be a true fighting gamer. Ive
been playing fighting games since the dawn of street fighter 2.

A fighting game isnt about a story, although sc 2 is not lacking there.

A fighting game isnt about physics either. they have to be tight, but whether you can uppercut your oppoenent into the air, string several weak moves in to a special move, into a hyper combo, or merely juggling your opponent in the air for several moves, even though they are using air control, a fighting game premise is basically learning how to string as many moves together as possible, and learning new ways to begin that string.

And when it comes to that, soul calibur 2 requires much better timing, button control, STRATEGY, and skills.

How long you been playing doa? since the first one? i have doa3, i played it for awhile, i havelooked at it since capcom snk 2eo for xbox live.

If me and you go at it, ill beat you if not come close to beating you. why? cause its whoever gets luckier. There are NO garantedd combos in DOA cause all the, because stun time can be cancelled out by counter's.

There s only one punch and one kick button, making you go crazy with the dpad, doing moves that are just annoying to do...

kasumi's teleportation...ugh. whats the point? there is noadvantage even when you do get it in....

oh and if your going for realism (as you stated, in soul calibur people can be flailed up to a ridiculously high level....even though ayane's, kasumi's, and hayabusa's counter all seem to thorw their opponent ridiculously high) then yuo should probably get Virtua fighter 4 and a playstation 2. Then you shold go to playstation2addict.com, and chat about how great that game is :rollseyes:

also, there are street fighter world tournaments. there ar soul calibur 2 world tournaments.

There are NO DOA world tournaments. NAtion tournaments. state, regionals, city-wide.

Maybe local, if your buddy hosts one in his garage. Other than that, let me throw a little website at you, that show you how big, complex, and active the soul calibur 2 community is. compared to that of DOA....

Congratulation Team USA
Posted by WCMaxi - February 19th, 2004 - 1329 Views

A warm congratulation is necessary for the victorious Team USA. Not only did they win the Cannes World Tournament, they did so in a decisive and dominate fashion. Team Captain Aris also went on to claim the singles tournament. If you haven’t already, you may address the team here.

1st Team USA
2nd Team France Arkadia
3rd Team Canada
3rd Team Belgium

mk da, i dont even know why thats in th polls though.
Dead or alive loks prettier, and is pretty fun, but just doesnt satisfy the hardcore fighting gamer. It a nice casual fighter though....

jjax, you say you can go on and on in here about sc2, you may as well, these n00bs dont seem to know what a fighting game is....

Soulcalibur.com (www.soulcalibur.com), click here for some more info on why soul calibur 2 is better than doa. You may also see some combo movies that may make you change your mind. Ive googled DOA so many times for combo movies...there are none.

SoundX
07-28-2004, 04:55 AM
Neck and neck!
Hey, just out of intrest Brutus is there a time limit to this poll?

TheCovenant
07-28-2004, 05:08 AM
oh yea, and aris, captain of the usa team, is a chum of mine. He makes a LIVING out of winning fighting game tournaments.

as does duc duo of the marvel vs capcom franchise, but im not even going to go in that direction.

JJaX
07-28-2004, 08:09 AM
Nice post Covenant....

Like I said before, i could go on and on. But how can you say a game lacks depth when you factor in Counters, Perrys, repels, recoverys, delays, fakes, unblockables, fake unblockables, soul charging, and spirit charging, guard breaking, weapon weight and grab cancels?

Oh btw, SC pulls off all of this and everything is BALANCED. Something that is very important in a fighting game.

Another thing, SC2 is like a game of chess. A good fighter will setup his opponent for the big hits. For example, if I knock you down with spawn, and i know you will get up with a block recovery, I will run up to you and hold 8 or 2 and press and hold (Y). This will will do a guard break if they are blocking, but most times it will catch them off guard and they will release their guard, knocking them into the air. Ontop of this, I can continue to holy Y and go into spawns float and do a series of moves from there. Or I could simply try to string together a combo or juggle depending on which way they decide to air recover (If they even air recover). Keep in mind, this is just an example, not my "entire fighting style for SC." This is just the results you can get when you know your characters moves. Its a game of set them up and stay on your toes. Learn your opponents tendacies.

Not mash, counter, mash, counter, mash ala DOA. When i say mash, i mean string together your predetermined combinations....

You see, SC actually allows "CUSTOM" combos, Not a series a button you need to press in sequence to get a combo.

Unless you are a good SC player, this is probably all going over your head.

JJaX
07-28-2004, 10:45 AM
BTW, for you dumbasses that think SC2 sucks...Did you know you can bring up a moves lists to see what your character is capable of? :rofl:

Stupid noobs... :rolleyes:

I'm just so disgusted when people disapprove of a game because of THEIR lack of skills and knowledge.

Ever think the game doesnt suck, you just suck at it?

Brutus
07-28-2004, 11:38 AM
Why can you not notice the Lustre that emits from this game?
Are you guys so blind to delve into the competition of DOA? Spend hours learning technical moves & pulling them off in a match while all on looker's crap their pants.
Watching Ryu do his throw rules & his fighting style coming out when he's kicking while standing on his hands... All of the fighters have different techniques, reasons, power & moves. Once you learn the game & the games characters you would easily see that DOA has loads of depth for us.
I don't understand why some "Hardcores" say they can't find depth in it. I think that's just crazy.
But looking to all aspects of the Genre, I believe both games can be very solid. Look at some craptacular games out there: MK, Tao Feng, ETC...
What I would do is give DOA another chance, or at least another chance with DOAU & see for yourself. If you give it a chance again, pay attention to important details.
I've given SC chances time & time again, Now I'm done. The problem I think is the way one can totally put forth awesome moves against an opponent & all they have to do is counter & one button hit to the finish.
That & the sound is so cheesy. Surround sound in a horrible way... Levels so small you can see the whole thing on one screen.
I also talked about the campaigns. No Contest. DOA blows away.
We all know that Multiplayer is where it's at with most of it though. Team Tecmo rocks. Those matches are quite easily the most fun in any fighter EVER! Only get's better with each installment.
So which is better, it's easy for me, easy for you, & we can't agree on it. This thread rocks because you SC fan-girlz can't keep your mouth's shut.

Brutus
07-28-2004, 11:40 AM
Ever think the game doesnt suck, you just suck at it?

No
:confused:

JJaX
07-28-2004, 12:06 PM
Don't worry, I will be getting DOAU...

I'm not saying DOA is a horrible game, I'm just saying it lacks depth in comparison to SC2.

Sure theres loads of moves for each character in DOA. But the result of different "combos" often give you the same results.

High, High, High, Low

Different combo

High, High high, Low

Different commands, same results.

CRAYMAN
07-28-2004, 12:17 PM
Actually, I'm not one to memorize a 10 button combination.
I have a JOB.
Therefore, I'm probably going to favor a game with a limited amount of combo's and that looks GREAT and plays well online. I haven't played any fighting games since Street Fighter 3rd Strike to any extent.
The games I'm deliberating over to purchase next are "DOA Ultimate", Rocky Legends(I'm a Boxing Fan) and "Street Fighter Collection."

BTW, JJAX my friend, you are too easily offended to be using such abrasive comments as:

BTW, for you ******** that think SC2 sucks...Did you know you can bring up a moves lists to see what your character is capable of?

Set the standard.

JJaX
07-28-2004, 12:20 PM
BTW, JJAX my friend, you are too easily offended to be using such abrasive comments as:

Set the standard.

Yes, I am a hypocrite.

Thats just the way I am.

Everything would we cool, but when someone insults me, my guard goes up and this is what you get. You set the pace, and I run with it.

Brutus
07-28-2004, 12:27 PM
There Goes DOA with 51% followed by SCII @ 42%; Mortal Kombat: 6%
Which one is considered the best 3D fighter to date?

Exclusive interview! -

"...Well, Dave, The Dead Or Alive girls are kicking their legs ("She kicks high!") & jumping for joy ( http://www.tecmogames.com/games/doax.asp ) , the question remain's, Dave, will they hold their lead?"

"Well, you know, Bill, those girls have stood the test of time, pressure & any harsh things thrown in their direction. You can ask Ryu Hayabusa here in the Studio."
Ryu walks over to the commentators booth...

"Ryu, we've seen you for years & years, & system to system, what keeps you going?"
"Bill, it's all about the storyline. Ever since the earlier days was I was only 8 bits, I remembered that I always had a purpose. Great storylines have kept me alive in Arcades for years now."
"Recently though," Ryu continues, "my sister has been trying a little too hard to meet my level of skills. She's gotten in my way at times & other times I've had to teach her lessons. Now she shows me respect & knows her place as Informer Spy for the Hayabusa Ninja Clan. This all may change with an Ultimate Match coming up, though."

"Ryu, what's your personal take on the competition this week: Soul Caliber"

"What competition? I'm a Martial Arts expert. I love to fight with my hands. That's something those Jug-heads will never understand. They need to respect me though. They know that if I went in with my True Dragon Sword & Ninpo, they wouldn't stand a chance."

"WOW! Big words from a big HERO! Now, Ryu, what all of your fans & celebrity's would both like to know: How do you still achieve such a young look after so many years of crime fighting, revenging & saving the world?"

"Have you seen my sister's friends?"

& there you have it. Exclusive interview as to why DOA is the people's choice.

...The debate goes on!

CRAYMAN
07-28-2004, 03:11 PM
Man, I don't have time to play all these great games. Ah, what I wouldn't do to be in college again. I might pick up DOA 3 to try it, it's only 19.99.

(JJAX, I never said you were being hypocritical...you ********) :p

Brutus
07-28-2004, 03:49 PM
Highly Recommended. You'll appreciate it more than any other fighter on Xbox.
It's the "People's Choice" Fighting Game.

JJaX
07-28-2004, 03:57 PM
DOA3 is worth $6.99...

Buy Soul Calibur 2.

LTM360
07-28-2004, 04:08 PM
Brutus and JJaX, calm down. It's just personal opinion.

You two are getting bit too much at it over a game, Brutus especially. JJaX has his right to like Soul Calibur 2 as much as you and I do DOA 3. It's a game calm down.

(though JJaX I see why you're mad, no need at all to insult someone over their opinion Brutus.)

Brutus
07-28-2004, 04:30 PM
Man, LTM360, this is between Jjax & I. He said this a long time ago. I said I'd prove him wrong; That's the purpose of this thread. All in all, Jjax & I have been waiting for this day to come for a long, long time. About 45 days. I think that's why we're both going ape-shnit over this thread.
He's got a good heart for a guy who doesn't know a good game when he see's one.
But I'm so glad I'm not losing to a sore loser like him. If I was, I'd never hear the end of it.

JJaX
07-28-2004, 04:50 PM
LOL @ Brutus!

Yeah, your poll has convinced me, DOA3 is better than SC2!

WHat have i been thinking!

CRAYMAN
07-28-2004, 05:01 PM
DOA3 is worth $6.99...

Buy Soul Calibur 2.

Any chance it will have an online version soon? SC2 that is. :huh:

Brutus
07-28-2004, 05:09 PM
No, no. You're right... How wrong I was, JJaxx. DOA3 isn't the best fighting game.
I'm sorry we argued & bickered now for over a month. It's all my fault.
We all know that the beta on DOAU rules over DOA3.
LOL! Hahahah!
Man, have you guys seen those new screens yet!? HOLY MOLY!

JJaX
07-28-2004, 05:18 PM
I havent been arguing over a month...

Maybe you have, but I dont lose any sleep over any of this.

Brutus
07-28-2004, 05:25 PM
Any chance it will have an online version soon? SC2 that is. :huh:
With Namco not making it an online title w/ Dreamcast. Namco then said they'd make SCII as a Gamecube exclusive. Now even after it's been multi-platform successful I still don't think they have any plans for it.
I see Namco's title as a better than average fight with weopons. They won't push the envelope unless they find out they have to.
Depending on the sales of the First Online 3D Fighting Game, (DOAU) the world will find out how big of a deal it is to have one. Then we may see them all coming with that feature. With it will also come the new arena downloads & new costume downloads as well... Man DOAU is going to Rock the Casbah!

Ninja Scroll
07-28-2004, 05:57 PM
Dis thread is a waist of time. Only reason im huur is cause my nephew JJax hit me up to go medevil gangsta on y'all hoes. Funk dat, I aint got time to talk to bunch of kids who don't know da art REAL fighters, or da gerne itself.

Since im Da Official Undisputed XBA Role Model of Fighting Fans huuurs da list of best fighters ever - led by da unarguable greatest fighter ever..

1. Soul Calibur (Dreamcast)
2. Soul Calibur2 (Xbox)
3. Virtua Fighter 3 (Arcade/DC)
4. Virtua Fighter 2 (Arcade/Saturn)
5. Street Fighter II Championship Edition (Arcade/Genesis)

Da rest are nutz swinging on da above 5's sack! Ya smell me mang! :hump:

Brutus
07-28-2004, 06:15 PM
Here's the great Day Time Soap Opera. It's funny how mad Jjax gets & then threatens to ban for retaliating to his potty mouth! Hahah!
http://www.xboxaddict.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58920&page=1&pp=20

http://www.xboxaddict.com/forums/showthread.php?p=708049#post708049

Brutus
07-28-2004, 06:57 PM
I havent been arguing over a month...

Maybe you have, but I dont lose any sleep over any of this.

Is that why your Chronie Ninja Schrool is calling us Gardening Implements, er, hoes or whatever...

Maybe I should go & get all of my friends to help straighten out all of you garden hoses because I haven't been losing any sleep over this.

JJaX
07-28-2004, 08:41 PM
I just know Ninja is passionate in his interest and fighting games.

Thought he would way in a respectable opinion.

Brutus, For real, what is your beef with me?

Do you have a crush on me or something?

You seem to have some personal vendetta with me, and its kinda getting old.

Darkside
07-28-2004, 09:15 PM
Who the hell are you?

Blackpanthour
07-28-2004, 11:41 PM
sorry didn't read the whole theread but im gonna have to go wit DOA3, jus cuz it looks better and plays better. and has sum preety fun and destructable enviroments. like the generator room where u can send bodies flying into the generators. and throwing ppl off ledges is pretty kool as well. yes it is a button masher but me and my friends dun button mash so its all good. plus the team action is pretty nice how it all flows. SC doesn't have it and MK DA i dunno if it has a mode but for the classic version i no it doesn't. but MK DA does bring in a lot of modes for one to play the one that most interest me is the chess play i would really like to try dat out.

TheCovenant
07-29-2004, 04:47 AM
Im not saying doa sucks, i also put up a wall when i think someone is ignorant.

But brutus, you havent convinced me otherwise.

am i excited about doau? yeah. Am i going to get it? you bet your ass.

And any combo in DOA can be broken with the single press of a button, its all you can do in that game. Hit or counter....

i think theres a grab somewhwre in their...(LOL)

DOA, not better than soul calibur. I guess you just dont know any combos. Those pre made grabs in doa, yea they look okay, but im much happier spending time perfe ting a custom combo. See, in soul calibur, everyone can set their very own stules of gameplay, but since DOA has all these premade combo's, you'll see nearly everyone playing that same.

Doa has better graphics.
w00t.

soul calibur just has better gameplay. period.

ill look forward to seeing all you hard worked on "combos" that you made in DOA, come to a horrible halt, when some guy onlines (probably me) comes in and hits back -high counter.

your big combo suddenly turns to a one hit, screwed yourself because it was really obvious, combo.

again, no DOA combo movies, theres a whole site dedicated to soul calibur combo's.
No DOA tournaments, because that would be pointless. there would be no champion, because anyone could be taken down by some button mashing n00b, who knows where the counter button is.

Soul CAlibur>DOA.

and who said the polls closed? i was in here earlier when soul calibur 2 was in the lead...why doesnt that count?

MatrixMaul
07-29-2004, 04:52 AM
Is that why your Chronie Ninja Schrool is calling us Gardening Implements, er, hoes or whatever...

Maybe I should go & get all of my friends to help straighten out all of you garden hoses because I haven't been losing any sleep over this.

Whoa, first off: around here, we show respect to people to people like JaxX, and ESPECIALLY like TheCovenant and Ninja Scroll. What they say is there opinion; dont go acting like this is some sort of wierd epic debate where you're the good guy or some crap like that: its a debate about a couple of games.

with that in mind: Soul Calibur 2 is better than DOA. It has everything a gamer could want:
great graphics.
great single player mode.
great journey mode.
and its a fun game to have at a party.

Now i will say that DOA is a great game; it just doesnt live up to what Sould Calibur is. DOA is fun, but not as appealing.

SoundX
07-29-2004, 06:49 AM
I find it weird how people can claim DOA3 has a better Story Mode than Soul Calibur 2. In DOA3, you fight, you have a cut scene, and you fight some more. It's just like any other damn mode in that game only you get to see someone cry after each round.
Soul Calibur 2 not only delivers proper story, it gives you challenges. Keeping your opasition in the air. Not using any weapons. It can go on, and SC2 has lairs you have to fight through, with various other stipulations, like winning the round with low health or fighting a guy with replenishing health, or even winning the round before sinking in quick sand.

DOA3 is crap compared to SC2 in story, it has no depth at all in comparison and people who say DOA3 story mode is better obiously haven't ever played SC2's Story Mode.

JJaX
07-29-2004, 08:10 AM
Yeah I cant wait to play DOAU, its gonna be fun no doubt.

I also cant wait to see how i weigh in against some of the "DOA hardcore" :rofl:

Hand me my ass over and over, I will shut up. Which I doubt will happen...

I've played DOA since DOA2 on the Dreamcast, and I think I will hold my own with the few characters I decided to get "good" with.

SoundX
07-29-2004, 11:09 AM
DOAU will be fun on XBL because ultimately it's a toss up over who wins, I seem to find who ever gets the first hit in, wins. Damn button bashers.

Brutus
07-29-2004, 11:13 AM
Alright, wise guys. Saying that me posting my opinion is OK but running my mouth is bad? :huh: I think we can battle our words out ourselves. No one needs you to try to make me feel bad. Sorry I grew up on the streets & think fast. If someone says anything even remotely sour towards me, I do my best to make them feel bad. If that's too much, trade in your Xbox for a small cute Gamecube.
:cry:

If you're all done crying:

This thread is turning out just how I wanted it to. A legitimate debate on 3D fighters. :argue1:
I feel the way I do about DOA3 passionately. If only we all did, we'd be finding out exactly why Mortal Kombat is @ 4.5%, but they're not telling us why. I have no prob telling you why I think the way I am. I'm a proud Marketing Agent, Republican, & a gamer. Put it all together & here's Brutus! & don't get me started on that one! :cuss: Just accept the giant Lizard Man as me. I stand on more firm ground than anyone & it's because I defend it. That's what I do. I'm thinking about going to Law School & becoming a lawyer.
I obviously own @ DOA3 in my area. Especially to NooB's. Noob's & pro's alike. Phoenix ain't small either. Owned them since Dreamcast. Soul Caliber is the one other game that was good enough to own but I later traded it in because of the redundency of moves & basically how someone can keep hitting one button over, & over, & over again to win.
I'm glad that this debate turned out the way it did. It adds character to our opinions, & yes, as soon as I get LIVE, I'm definitely a DOAU Owner. I think where we're really going to get tested is if they let the Japanese take on the U.S. Over there, DOA is a System Seller. It'll be very interesting. With some of us Passionate Gamers, you SC players as well, the Japanese will have no choice but to Bow Down to the one's who serve. It's going to be great.
So yeah, don't hate me for loving DOA, for XBA it's obviously about a fifty - fifty on it. I just prefer DOA. That's why DOA3 got a 10/10 in some magazines & in others it only got a 7.5; we are all subject to having a consciousness.
I'm just sorry all of you Pencil Pete's don't have a consciousness. HAHAH!

TheCovenant
07-30-2004, 06:06 AM
so you grew up in the hardcore streets of phoenix? I htought the worst they had down their was drive by political arguments (which explains why you said you were a republican for no reason.)

uh, oh hold up dude, i know why you think sc 2 sux.

CAUSE SOMEONE WHO PRESSES THE SAME BUTTON OVER AND OVER AGAIN CAN BEAT YOU!!!!!

yea, if i sucked so bad at a game, i would hate it too...

(btw brutus, you do have the abiltiy to stun, stun counter, BLOCK or perry any move...)

I thiink you just sucked at the game. and you dont like it cause you suck. period.

SoundX
07-30-2004, 07:56 AM
Alright, calm down guys.

There obiously both great games. Look at the votes, there neck and neck. So just chill. We can all have our opinion right?

JJaX
07-30-2004, 08:52 AM
Dead or Alive 3 really doesn't have a steep learning curve. It's great for people who haven't played many fighting games before, as they'll be able to pick it up, jam on the punch and kick buttons with their character of choice, and come out looking more or less like seasoned pros.

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox/action/deadoralive3/review.html

Dead or Alive 3 seems to be a slight disappointment. It appears as though the game’s developers, Ninja Team, are relying too much on superb graphics to carry this game instead of gameplay, as was the fault of DOA 2.

...DOA 3 lacks much of the polish and frills needed to make it the next Soul Calibur or Tekken.

http://www.cgno.com/reviews/47.html

One of the greatest features in DOA 3's gameplay mechanics is the ability for any level of player to take the controls and have some decent success their first time out. How many times have you've tried your hand against a Virtua Fighter 3 player only to be slapped down in a matter of seconds? The technical learning curve for DOA 3 isn't as steep as Virtua Fighter and that enables novice players to enjoy the game without being too frustrated.

http://xbox.ign.com/articles/166/166249p1.html

The basic gameplay is... just that, basic.

In the end, Dead or Alive 3 has one major failing -- its gameplay lacks the depth and innovation it needs to differentiate itself from its famous predecessor.

Newbies needn't feel left out, either, as it's very, very masher-friendly. A newbie who has an idea of how to counter can be quite annoying, and that just shouldn't be happening in a supposedly deep, complex fighting game

http://archive.gamespy.com/reviews/november01/deadoralive3/

And SC is the button masher that lacks depth huh?

Hard Boiled Cop
07-30-2004, 10:13 AM
Soul Calibur seem slow, I prefer DOA3. Its fast slick and last longer with it's tag team mode. More fun.

Brutus
07-30-2004, 10:29 AM
so you grew up in the hardcore streets of phoenix?

CAUSE SOMEONE WHO PRESSES THE SAME BUTTON OVER AND OVER AGAIN CAN BEAT YOU!!!!!

1.) No. Grew up in Chicago. Cool town. But here in Phoenix; you ever heard of Van Buren?! Covenant, Phoenix is the Meth Capital of the World. You don't want to be in some neighborhoods at night.
They say New York's the city that doesn't sleep, well, about a 1/4 of our people don't sleep. & they do it at length's of time too; they start hallucinating. This city isn't the greatest. That's why I moved to East Valley, (Tempe, Scottsdale, Mesa) It's a whole different city here :) Makes me a happier guy. I don't know if you guys appreciate that or not, but once you realize that the burbs are for people who appreciate what they got, life will be better to you.

Second: You know, I'm going to tell you why on the next post:

Brutus
07-30-2004, 10:53 AM
Back on Dreamcast, the Hardcores all got together & played the games that would help us pass time. It's hard to think it's been so long already but anyhow:
I bought like every game for that system that ended up capsizing.
My two favorite fighters were DOA2, & Soul Caliber. Together, they were mesmerizing games. (Stunning actually; at the time)

But there was easily one that completely floored me, DOA2. I learned everything about that game. I learned how to take on each character with each different fighter. I pushed the limit's with my friends & got to the point where I couldn't play SC anymore.

We'd all get together for some AZ parties & I noticed that with everyone, Soul Caliber was the choice of the masses. I couldn't figure out why. The guy who always said, Throw that in the DC! could never own. I'd see over & over again: some NooB goes & contends with him. I'd rock him but we're both gamers. It's supposed to be his game though!

DOA2 though. I couldn't be touched. It was the one game that I was known as the grand champ-yon~ It ruled & no matter who would try to take me on I couldn't lose.

Then with the new installments, DOA3 unloads immediately, giving the same tight gameplay, the same counter moves, button placement(!) the most important: Completely revamped Game Engine. I was floored. Team Ninja totally outdid themselves & made me a happy gamer.

When SCII came out, I didn't get it because I didn't like the first one. It'd better change 1,000% or I'm not going to get it or like it. My friend John bought it & said it was the best ever! Well, after him supposedly unlocking everything in the game I played him now after about the 10th game & he realized he wasn't going to beat me he was convinced that the game was flawed too. He just likes the Weapons. He totally loves the High Component & Surround sound with DOA3 @ my house though.

So, to all his own. Even the case with John, some people are going to like one or the other. I know I can't get owned in DOA, or at least someone still has to prove it to me. Meanwhile, even if I don't play SC at all (Since 1) I can still own at that one, & I hate that about it.

I should not be able to do that.

So my opinion stands strong, I love everything about DOA3 & nothing really stands out about SC. I wish it did. I think it needs a little revamping. But I will admit that all games can use at least a little beefing up. Even DOA.

Casper
07-30-2004, 11:16 AM
I wonder how good DOA would do if it hit the arcades....

Also, I'd even rank up Killer Instinct to top DOA on the best 3d fighters

1 - SC (Dreamcast)
2 - SC2 (xbox)
3 - Killer Instinct (arcade)
4 - Virtua Fighter 3 (arcade)
5 - Virtua Fighter 2 (arcade)

See that? Those are true fighters - I prefer tactics with combos of multiple buttons rather than a two-button style over and over to get a 20 hit combo (well, KI had that 80 combo I used to master with Fulgor, but that's a whole nother story).

DOA is for gamers that can't take the hardcore fighting games, in my eyes, and that's just how it always will be. My friend has it after I gave him my copy once SC2 came out - I can go down there, without having played it for 6 months, and run 20 straight wins on him, but he tries his ass off even by practicing when I'm not there. It's just that I understand fighters better than he does and I can create my own counters - especially with that cheesy 'counter' button - teh ghey.

Brutus - you're telling JJaX to stop being so blindsighted - but yet, have you even tried to listen to what he's saying? Nope. And he's making valid points (you made me laugh when you posted the true 'answer' to who has the best fighter, but yet, it was from Tecmo's site - good one chief). The answer is in the sales - it's just too bad that this site doesn't have the most hardcore of gamers posting in this thread (not trying to insult, but there are more out there than who come here) or else, this poll wouldn't even be close - but eh, that's what we're left with, so that's just how it's gotta be.

Brutus
07-30-2004, 11:45 AM
Yeah, whenever I get in a fight with some f**got, I always end up pulling off 80 hit combos on them & then hit them with my sword without making them bleed.

DOA3 = Realistic Physics, Control, Combos, Counter's & blocks. Maybe it's because I like being somebody instead of some mystical creature.

I like the way SC makes it where if you're a guy like Maxi, you've got to hit them more than if you're wielding a giant axe, but it's still not actual fighting techniques.

That's why I like it more. BTW, if you weren't so blind, you'd see the beauty in the game too! It's not as horribly bad as UFC but it's a great integration of Martial Arts & street Fighting combined.

I LOVE IT!! That & you're a Sick Ducker!

Brutus
07-30-2004, 11:47 AM
People's Choice Award goes to DOA3 with 50%!!!

& this isn't Florida, baby!

Casper
07-30-2004, 12:00 PM
That's why I like it more. BTW, if you weren't so blind, you'd see the beauty in the game too! It's not as horribly bad as UFC but it's a great integration of Martial Arts & street Fighting combined.

I LOVE IT!! That & you're a Sick Ducker!

And this is why I don't debate with tools on the Net. It's cuz of crap like this that I can't stand.

Yet, I came into this thread with not one insult towards your genius remarks that you have had this entire thread, post up my reply, and get this 12 year old fanboy like remark from you. What, is it too hot out in Mesa right now? Is that 110 degree temp finally frying your brain? Or are you one of the thousands out there that is now hooked on meth?

I put up my response. That's it. But yet, you still had to throw in some cheesy ass remark about me that had nothing at all to do with my, but just the fact that you did not like my opinion.

Grow the fuk up kid.

Brutus
07-30-2004, 12:37 PM
Alright. You're right. Sorry, man. I probably lost you when I called you a sick Ducker. Sorry, bro.

Your point was valid. Given. Not looking to PUN, but I think I'm out of Debate material. I don't have anything else to defend DOA. I've already said a lot & you guys keep coming.

This debate is definitely outweighed but DOA is still in the lead. That's the only thing I got going for me.

It's me & my passion for this stellar game & you all trying to convince me otherwise. I do admit that it wasn't right for me to come out like that. But I wish someone else would come out & say why they like DOA with a passion / MK as well. Hardboiled Cop's got the right Idea. & Max Payne rules too...

So yeah, man. Sorry about the way I called you names, but I'm not sorry about you liking SC. Reason's already posted about 90 times. Maybe we are in an agreement but it's like trying to tell a Russian from the 50's that Communism is bad.

The thing I like is how mush we love our games of choice!

You guys are making me think about trying SC again for the first time... but then again,
no.

SoundX
07-30-2004, 02:11 PM
You guys are making me think about trying SC again for the first time... but then again,
no.

LOL! :rofl: You backstabber!

You really should try out tho, I remember when I first picked up SC2 and I thought the gameplay was as slow as hell too, it just takes alot of practise man, once you've learnt some kick ass combo's you'll fall in love with it. :)

Brutus
07-30-2004, 03:19 PM
LOL! :rofl: You backstabber!

You really should try out tho, I remember when I first picked up SC2 and I thought the gameplay was as slow as hell too, it just takes alot of practise man, once you've learnt some kick ass combo's you'll fall in love with it. :)

Yeah. I tell you what. I'm going to go to my friends house one of these days here. Instead of playing ESPN 2K5 again (Man I can't get enough of that one!) I'll play SC once more like I've never played it before.

I've played it several billion times, but I'm going to try to stop looking at the things I don't like about it. On one condition though, you'll all have to give DOA3 another run for it's money; as a Martial Arts Simulator. Deal?

I think I'm going to try out my friend again & this time I'll play it as a Weapons Simulation with Big Scarry guys & -not-as-hot-as-the-DOA- hot chicks.

Consider it done.

JJaX
07-30-2004, 03:22 PM
Why dont you learn how to play the game on your own time. Than when you play your "button mashing" friends, own them.

TheCovenant
07-30-2004, 04:05 PM
hmm, i would be cool with brutus if he didnt post like a fanboy.

The doa realistic physics thing...have you played it?

last time i saw, someone got thrown from a building, hit a 25 foot long electrical glass sign, landed on asphalt, got up and waited for his partner to come down with ease, and keep fighting.

Kasumi can teleport, hayabusa can kick poeple 40 feet in the air then tleport up their before they reach the climax of the launch, grab them, spin on the way down, and end it with a piledriver.

Then you oppnent gets up and keeps going.

ayane can do the same launch. kasumi too.

I don tunderstand these (realistic features) that you have fallen i n ove with. I have doa3, ill play it right now.

I still like it, its still pretty, and the girls are still hot.

I still like SCII better, cause you kow, its a real fighter.

I would put killer instincts up there too. man that game was great. There was a rumor that rare was making alive one for xbox....does that sound sweet or what?

anyways, im not really one for virtua fighter, but if you want realistic physics, thats wher eyou want to go.

I really enjoyed street fighter games. those take so much strategy, and hardcore practicing your timing, and combo's. (street fighter third strike, onn eof the best fighters of all time).....

so yea dude, the polls may say otherwise, but guess what? were at an xbox fansite. and guess which one of the two is exclusive...

Brutus
07-30-2004, 04:23 PM
You know, I play SC like I do DOA, just because it's like my second nature. I can't wait for DOAU.

Also I said it's got great physics, but in Video Game style because it's tight like UFC but nowhere near as boring. A trillion times better than that Backyard Wrestling game too.

But I heard you mention something about Rare & a Fighting Title? I hope it's not another Tao Feng. THat game sucked.

What's this killer instinct I keep hearing you talk about? I haven't been to an arcade since I was a wee one.

TheCovenant
07-30-2004, 05:28 PM
What's this killer instinct I keep hearing you talk about? I haven't been to an arcade since I was a wee one.

wow.

i have no words.

wow.

you are not a fighting gamer, you cant be. it wasnt an arcade only game. It was out on SNES. IN fact, it was such a good game, that it came bundled WITH the SNES.

Killer Instinct, and killer instinct gold. Google them.

also, google RARE, one of the best developers in the history of videogames. They made games such as conker's bad fur day, goldeneye, perfect dark, donkey kong, and killer instinct.

Another tao feng? i think not.

i truely beleive you just established yourself as a casual fighting gamer. Doa is a casual fighter. Thats why you like it so much...

Brutus
07-30-2004, 05:45 PM
No, no, no. You read me out of text. I thought you said earlier that Killer Instinct was an Arcade Title. I mistook you.

& Of course I know who Rare is. Why did you say they were releasing a fighter if they aren't? I mean, if Killer Instinct is so "Bad" Why don't the they re-release it. Is it Nintendo's ownership, or Rare's?

TheCovenant
07-30-2004, 07:22 PM
No, no, no. You read me out of text. I thought you said earlier that Killer Instinct was an Arcade Title. I mistook you.

& Of course I know who Rare is. Why did you say they were releasing a fighter if they aren't? I mean, if Killer Instinct is so "Bad" Why don't the they re-release it. Is it Nintendo's ownership, or Rare's?

ahem.

i said, it's RUMORED!

SPARTAN VI
07-31-2004, 02:35 PM
i truely beleive you just established yourself as a casual fighting gamer. Doa is a casual fighter. Thats why you like it so much...

I am teh casual fighterz0rz. Hayate owns j00. :hump:

SC2 takes the lead. :whistle:

JJaX
07-31-2004, 03:13 PM
After reading all your posts brutus, I am convinced you just started gaming and never played SC beyond the point of mashing buttons with friends.

- You never heard of Killer Instinct

- You were the "Button mashing noob" who beat your friend Jasen in SC2.

- After all your SC2 slandering and lack of experience in it, you say "You know, I play SC like I do DOA, just because it's like my second nature."

- You said "Soul Caliber is the one other game that was good enough to own but I later traded it in because of the redundency of moves & basically how someone can keep hitting one button over, & over, & over again to win."

That tells me a lot about your fighting style... :rolleyes:

- you said "DOA3 = Realistic Physics, Control, Combos, Counter's & blocks."

I take it you failed Physics? Combos, counters and blocks? Sounds deeeeeeep. As far as realistic physics in DOA, refer to Convenants post.

- You said "People's Choice Award goes to DOA3 with 50%"

Id like to poiint out SC2 is winning now, but nobody really cares about the poll but you.

- You said "You guys are making me think about trying SC again for the first time... but then again,"

Making you try SC......For the first time...again....huh what?

-You said "When SCII came out, I didn't get it because I didn't like the first one. It'd better change 1,000% or I'm not going to get it or like it. My friend John bought it & said it was the best ever! Well, after him supposedly unlocking everything in the game I played him now after about the 10th game & he realized he wasn't going to beat me he was convinced that the game was flawed too"

Followed by,

"Meanwhile, even if I don't play SC at all (Since 1) I can still own at that one, & I hate that about it.

I should not be able to do that.

Once again, you admit that you were the less experienced player, yet would win.
Im noticing a pattern, ever think that the people you are playing really really really suck at the game?

You are as fanboy as it gets. Just admit it, you never got good at SC. Or maybe your idea of good is beating your scrub friends.

Another thing, you never addressed these reviews either.

Dead or Alive 3 really doesn't have a steep learning curve. It's great for people who haven't played many fighting games before, as they'll be able to pick it up, jam on the punch and kick buttons with their character of choice, and come out looking more or less like seasoned pros.

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox/action/deadoralive3/review.html

Dead or Alive 3 seems to be a slight disappointment. It appears as though the game’s developers, Ninja Team, are relying too much on superb graphics to carry this game instead of gameplay, as was the fault of DOA 2.

...DOA 3 lacks much of the polish and frills needed to make it the next Soul Calibur or Tekken.

http://www.cgno.com/reviews/47.html

One of the greatest features in DOA 3's gameplay mechanics is the ability for any level of player to take the controls and have some decent success their first time out. How many times have you've tried your hand against a Virtua Fighter 3 player only to be slapped down in a matter of seconds? The technical learning curve for DOA 3 isn't as steep as Virtua Fighter and that enables novice players to enjoy the game without being too frustrated.

http://xbox.ign.com/articles/166/166249p1.html

The basic gameplay is... just that, basic.

In the end, Dead or Alive 3 has one major failing -- its gameplay lacks the depth and innovation it needs to differentiate itself from its famous predecessor.

Newbies needn't feel left out, either, as it's very, very masher-friendly. A newbie who has an idea of how to counter can be quite annoying, and that just shouldn't be happening in a supposedly deep, complex fighting game

http://archive.gamespy.com/reviews/november01/deadoralive3/

Is this all starting to sink in now? Here is a simple equation that sums it up.

DOA + Button mashing = Win like pro and fun for all!

After looking at all the things you have said, I am 100% sure that you dont know what the hell you are talking about. But you will never realize this because you are too dense.

I really hope you take the time to read what I posted, and realize how stupid you look.
I am done here.

I leave you with this post, it smashes everything you have brought to the table. And if you have any rebuttal to stutter out, just read this post again.

Jamo
07-31-2004, 04:18 PM
Doa 3

Brutus
08-02-2004, 08:44 AM
Well, sorry guys, I didn't grow up with a silver spoon hanging out of my mouth. I only know games from recent memory. I didn't have the liberty of Mommy & Daddy Buying me the latest & greatest out there. I had to settle with what I could buy by myself. After I got a job.
You guys say DOA sucks & SC is way better. It's probably because you just look for the most fictional experience out there. & I did try it this weekend. Maybe my friend does suck at it, but he can beat anyone else. Why not me? Because I don't fake it. I make sure to whoop arse everytime I play.
Anyone knows that out of the new mainstream games, DOA kicks way more arse than SCII.
DOA3 has been out for 3 years & still gets voted as the top. I know what I have in my collection too!

SoundX
08-02-2004, 09:09 AM
Still waiting on Rare for a new Killer Instinct so we can put this topic to rest. :cool:

JJaX
08-02-2004, 09:19 AM
Well, sorry guys, I didn't grow up with a silver spoon hanging out of my mouth. I only know games from recent memory. I didn't have the liberty of Mommy & Daddy Buying me the latest & greatest out there. I had to settle with what I could buy by myself. After I got a job.
You guys say DOA sucks & SC is way better. It's probably because you just look for the most fictional experience out there. & I did try it this weekend. Maybe my friend does suck at it, but he can beat anyone else. Why not me? Because I don't fake it. I make sure to whoop arse everytime I play.
Anyone knows that out of the new mainstream games, DOA kicks way more arse than SCII.
DOA3 has been out for 3 years & still gets voted as the top. I know what I have in my collection too!

A silver spoon in my mouth?

Since I was young, I always earned money to buy my games. I remember before Mortal Kombat came out on SNES, I saved every piece of change I had so I could get it. Mowed lawns, and shoveled snow in the winter to earn my money.

Dont tell me anything about growing up with a silver spoon, you have no clue what it was like for me growing up.

"You guys say DOA sucks & SC is way better. It's probably because you just look for the most fictional experience out there"

HOLY ****ING **** MAN! I EXPLAINED MY VIEW OVER AND OVER AND OVER. WHY DO YOU INSIST ON PUTTING WORDS IN MY ****ING MOUTH? DO YOU EVEN READ WHAT I AM POSTING!?!?!?!!?!?! ****!

I HAVE EXPLAINED THAT I ENJOY A TECHINCAL FIGHTER WITH MORE DEPTH. AND I HAVE SUPPORTED THE FACT THAT DOA IS FAR FROM A DEEP FIGHTER WITH MUTIPLE POSTS AND CITED MY SOURCES. ****!

YOU ARE SO DENSE AND STUBBORN IN MAKES ME ****ING SICK!
THIS IS SO ****ING POINTLESS, I HAVE MORE FUN STICKING MY **** IN A LOBSTER TANK THAN TALKING TO YOU. ****!!!!!!1111111

YOU ARE LIKE THAT STUBBORN LITTLE KID WHO CANT SEE ANYONE ELSES POINT BUT YOUR OWN.

YOU LIKE DOA BETTER! FINE! THATS COOl! THATS ****ING GREAT! BUT PLEASE UNDERSTAND THAT DOA APPEALS MORE TO THE "CASUAL GAMER" BECAUSE ITS SO ****ING SIMPLE!!!! ( PLEASE READ MY OTHER POSTS TO SEE REVIEWS STATING THE SAME ****ING THING)

CRAYMAN
08-02-2004, 10:51 AM
YOU ARE SO DENSE AND STUBBORN IN MAKES ME ****ING SICK!...THIS IS SO ****ING POINTLESS, I HAVE MORE FUN STICKING MY **** IN A LOBSTER TANK THAN TALKING TO YOU. ****!!!!!!1111111...YOU ARE LIKE THAT STUBBORN LITTLE KID WHO CANT SEE ANYONE ELSES POINT BUT YOUR OWN.

I think you just described both of you.

Brutus
08-02-2004, 11:17 AM
ha, ha.

JJaX
08-02-2004, 11:31 AM
I think you just described both of you.

How so? I credited him to why he likes DOA, than he tells me why I like SC for reasons that arent true.

ColdArmoR
08-02-2004, 11:56 AM
I would have to say DOA3 or Soul Caliber 2, both really nicely done games.

Hard Boiled Cop
08-02-2004, 12:05 PM
Wait until DOA: Ultimate then its gonna rule all.

CRAYMAN
08-02-2004, 12:30 PM
How so? I credited him to why he likes DOA, than he tells me why I like SC for reasons that arent true.

Well, it's obvious that Brutus is exuberant over DOA3, (the same way he is over Brute Force :huh: ) therefore he is NOT likely to back down from his stance that DOA3 is the best.

Ben Franklin once made his point so vehemently and effectively against a man that became offended to the point of challenging Ben Franklin to a DUEL the next day.

Needless to say Ben Franklin did not show up and learned an important lesson.
You will NEVER win an argument with someone that is so dedicated. You will only create an enemy.

(You could easily sway me, because I don't have a real strong allegiance to either.)

Brutus
08-02-2004, 03:24 PM
Rather eccentric, but nicely put. I like your output.
However, saying that about BF is deplorable ( :huh: ) !!?!?!

Man, you're a bunch of soldiers sent into combat. It's not like it's their war!

It's kind of like when the U.S. got sent to Iraq in the early 90's: It wasn't the Navy SEAL's war, they just took order's & that was that. BF wasn't meant to have HALO dialogue. I guess it wouldn't have hurt for you guys who still ask why... But it's all about in game. I know you guys dug that.

But anyway, getting back on topic...
Yeah, the way you put that is, well, funny. I don't know where you pulled that Ben Franklin story from but I thought it was cool. & I'm not going to say that JJax is completely wrong. Who knows? I still have yet to be schooled at my own favorite fighting game. But until I do, as my Xbox & hard drive's game saves are witness: Dead Or Alive 3 is by far the better game.

Again, retaining what you just said, the previous statement is IMO.

SoundX
08-02-2004, 03:35 PM
I've forgoten why you two even began to fight over, Brutus prefers DOA3, Jjax prefers SC2. What's the problem?

JJaX
08-02-2004, 03:59 PM
I still have yet to be schooled at my own favorite fighting game. But until I do, as my Xbox & hard drive's game saves are witness: Dead Or Alive 3 is by far the better game.

Its people like that think they are the chit at halo, until they hop on XBC.

Your demograph of "competition" is a joke.

Im sure the people you are beating in DOA are real good at the game. :rolleyes:

I cant wait to hand you your ass in DOAU. I dont even play the damn game, and ill be sure to make you feel stupid.

This is the part were you play it smooth, and I look like the aggressor

For those that dont know, I beg to you, please read the entire thread.

Tony_Macaroni
08-02-2004, 09:49 PM
soul caliber for sure...the first time i played doa 3 for xbox i beat my freidn who had owned it for months, it takes no skill what soever just right trigger with Ryu....besides, swords are more fun.

Ninjermy
08-02-2004, 09:57 PM
woah i tied it up. soul caliber definatley. that game just rules. rules.

Brutus
08-03-2004, 09:52 AM
Its people like that think they are the chit at halo, until they hop on XBC.

Your demograph of "competition" is a joke.

Im sure the people you are beating in DOA are real good at the game. :rolleyes:

I cant wait to hand you your ass in DOAU. I dont even play the damn game, and ill be sure to make you feel stupid.

This is the part were you play it smooth, and I look like the aggressor

For those that dont know, I beg to you, please read the entire thread.

We'll see. Obviously, you were attached to video games before your umbyllical cord so you may beat me, but I doubt it.
One thing we can both agree on: DOAU is going to own! Even you'll be getting it, you evil aggressor you!
I'll be online here soon. At least before HALO2. When I do, I'll know where to find you, that is if you're up to the challenge. You'd better not lose though! You're supposed to be the grand-daddy champ!
At least we'll both be having fun.
I'll be Online Soon!!!!

Casper
08-03-2004, 10:14 AM
See, I have a feeling that Brutus is 'owning' kids out in AZ that don't even own a console - know what I'm saying? It's like the kid that plays UC and says "I'm unstoppable at this game, it rocks hardcore" then you realize that he can totally destroy those bots.....cuz he's yet to really play anyone that has more skills than the AI.

JJaX
08-03-2004, 10:24 AM
We'll see. Obviously, you were attached to video games before your umbyllical cord so you may beat me, but I doubt it.
One thing we can both agree on: DOAU is going to own! Even you'll be getting it, you evil aggressor you!
I'll be online here soon. At least before HALO2. When I do, I'll know where to find you, that is if you're up to the challenge. You'd better not lose though! You're supposed to be the grand-daddy champ!
At least we'll both be having fun.
I'll be Online Soon!!!!

What part of:

did you not understand?

I'm saying I don't consider myself to be a "contender" in DOAU. But I'm sure I will kick your ass.

It is the other way around, you should be the one worried about losing, since you never been "owned" or beaten. :rofl:

You're like that kid who plays halo by himself and thinks he is the best, without a second of multiplayer under his belt.... :rofl:

Go play some easy bots in Unreal.....

Brutus
08-03-2004, 10:25 AM
Well, they've all got consoles, but I hear what you're saying: The true competition is online for sure. That's the hardcore arena. I'm anxiously awaiting my upgrade to Highspeed status.
F the AI, though. That's dumb. Playing the computer is sometimes fun with new experiences, but it's all about the LAN's man. I have two 5.1 DD surround sounds & sweet TV's. It makes my house the go-to place in my circle. We all have fun with it. They say the only reason why I OWN! is because I make it to every LAN (It's in my house! Duh)
I look past that though. They're handed their Arseholes & I believe once I get to that "Hardcore Arena" which is LIVE, that's when I'll file right into place with all of you.

JJaX
08-03-2004, 10:28 AM
They're handed their Arseholes & I believe once I get to that "Hardcore Arena" which is LIVE, that's when I'll file right into place with all of you.

Well I am glad you made a conscience thought, and realized, "maybe I'm not that good, maybe the people I play are really bad?"

Hmmmmmm :eek:

Yes, On-line is the true arena.

*edit*

In regards to your last post, which was deleted. Please dont insult me because you mentioned something as we posted at the same time. How the F was I suppose to know?

Brutus
08-03-2004, 10:32 AM
& Where Do You Sit On Live? Are You On Top?

JJaX
08-03-2004, 10:33 AM
& Where Do You Sit On Live? Are You On Top?

I have my good days, I have my bad days. Depends on what game is too....

Id say I am pretty moddest.

I let my skills speak for themselves.

But I am 100% sure, you dont pose a threat in any game I play, good day or bad.

Brutus
08-03-2004, 10:43 AM
You know, I like that answer, JJax. That shows that LIVE truly is the Ultimate Arena & I'm jealous. I want it bad. I wish I could get spanked at my favorite games once in a while because then handing someone their arse would feel that much better.
I'll definitely be playing ESPN's title's alot when I get LIVE. That's another I can't seem to lose at around here: NHL 2k4; But that's getting off topic...
(Back on topic: )
JJax! I'm sooooo going to spank you on DOAU! You loser!! hahaha!

JJaX
08-03-2004, 10:47 AM
You know, I like that answer, JJax. That shows that LIVE truly is the Ultimate Arena & I'm jealous. I want it bad. I wish I could get spanked at my favorite games once in a while because then handing someone their arse would feel that much better.
I'll definitely be playing ESPN's title's alot when I get LIVE. That's another I can't seem to lose at around here: NHL 2k4; But that's getting off topic...
(Back on topic: )
JJax! I'm sooooo going to spank you on DOAU! You loser!! hahaha!

Well shoot me a friend request when your poor ass gets on live.

Once you are done "owning in mech assault" come see me.

For the record, I suck at sports games. :cry:

Brutus
08-03-2004, 10:58 AM
Mech Assault!!?
Man, when I get online, everyone & there dog will be playing HALO 2. Er, I guess you & your owner, eh Pooch?

Brutus
08-03-2004, 11:08 AM
Ha-ha.
Any other 3D fighter's going LIVE? I hear Street Fighter's coming back.

Jamo
08-03-2004, 11:54 AM
WTF my it went back and MY WHOLE OPINION WAS DELETED!! :cuss: Ah well.

DOA3. Hands down the best! :cool:

I like SC2 and MK:DA to so don't get worked up anyone.

MK6 is going to be online to I think.

Casper
08-03-2004, 12:23 PM
Brutus - cute or not, that sick ducker comment isn't going to keep you on this site too much - JJaX is a mod here, like it or not, you have to show some type of respect, period. Watch the mouth.

JJaX
08-03-2004, 12:32 PM
Brutus - cute or not, that sick ducker comment isn't going to keep you on this site too much - JJaX is a mod here, like it or not, you have to show some type of respect, period. Watch the mouth.

I've been rather lenient with him...

Kinda like dangling a string in front of a kitten, I enjoy this.

But really piss me off, i will drown him.

*note*JJaX doesnt kill kittens, infact he adopted 2 of them

Casper
08-03-2004, 01:03 PM
Just let it drop and get back to the debate at hand - if it still is that. Gracias.

JJaX
08-03-2004, 01:08 PM
Just let it drop and get back to the debate at hand - if it still is that. Gracias.

Ok...

LOL LOL!!! DOA is bettar! I win all teh Time!!!!!111

SC is for Button Mash0rz.

:rolleyes:

Jamo
08-03-2004, 01:09 PM
Hey Brutus I'll Play ya in DOAU when it comes out! Gladly!!! Once you gget Xbox LIVE of course!!

skorp
08-03-2004, 06:57 PM
It's a tie between DOA and Soul Caliber...

It was hard for me to choose between the two but picked DOA anyway... :)

TheCovenant
08-04-2004, 06:04 AM
holy crap are you seriou? this thread i still freaking here, and not to mention, brutus still thinks he has an argument?

R U SERIOUS!??!

and who's this crayman guy? isnt he the guy that posted doa is better cause he doesnt have the time to learn combo's in a real fighter....

so he admits sc is a real fighter. Thats all we need. Anything else crayman says is irrelevant, dont bother with him jjax.

Brutus, your name says it all....all brawn (if that) and no brains. I suggest you dont rely on your street smarts to get ahead in life.

Theres nothing i can really add to this debate. Me and jjax covered all the bases.

Now, when this n00b gets live, me and jjax are going to have to own him, take screenshots, and post them inhere. I htink thats the only thing brutus will understand.

SO until im pwning you onlive, brutus, i suggest you keep your ignorant mouth shut, before you feel even dumber about saying everything you said in this thread....:rolleyes:

SoundX
08-04-2004, 09:06 AM
Earlier today I went back to play both these games to bring back my original opinions of each game. I believe they are two very different Beat 'em Ups.

Dead or Alive 3 offers pure fun, it's about style and simplicity. It drops you staight into the action for some light and easy going gameplay. Soul Calibur 2 is about pushing the depth and widening the genre for more gamers to get into. It offers depth and complexity. And requires more skill and practise, before you can just drop straight in like Dead or Alive. Basicaly, their two very different games. And I don't think you can fairly compare the two.

In the end it just comes down to what sort of gamer you are.

JJaX
08-04-2004, 09:22 AM
Earlier today I went back to play both these games to bring back my original opinions of each game. I believe they are two very different Beat 'em Ups.

Dead or Alive 3 offers pure fun, it's about style and simplicity. It drops you staight into the action for some light and easy going gameplay. Soul Calibur 2 is about pushing the depth and widening the genre for more gamers to get into. It offers depth and complexity. And requires more skill and practise, before you can just drop straight in like Dead or Alive. Basicaly, their two very different games. And I don't think you can fairly compare the two.

In the end it just comes down to what sort of gamer you are.

Which was my point the whole time...

But our boy brutus insist that SC is for button mashers and DOA is the technical fighter.

Which is about as noob as it gets right there.

Even the creater of DOA admiited DOA was for casual gamers in an interview. He wanted people that didnt know how to play be able to jump in and have fun. HE AGREED DOA WASNT AS DEEP AS SC2. What else do you want?

Read the June issue of XBN if you dont believe me. Its the one with Starwards battlefront on the cover.

Jamo
08-04-2004, 10:01 AM
Now that I didn't know.

It's actually a matter of what your good at. I can't really grasp SC2 fighting system so I end up using the same combos. However with DOA I can push it farther than that. Their all technical. It's just a matter of what you're good at. My friends and I love DOA 3 and all of us have been playing games since young ages. We are just mere graduates but I asure you we know what technicalitys are in a game and the majority of my friends are real picky. But some of us love DOA3 a lot and we've pushed DOA to a point unlike from what I've heard of. Taste and skill is what it's about. YOu can make DOA a technical fighter if you want if you put the effort into it and fight hard tough oponents.

Sorry I don't mean to jump in on this. But I love DOA and regardless if Itagaki said so himself or not there's more to his game than meets the eye. I love all fighting games (except Tekken) and it just doesn't seem logical to bash each others fav. games becuase we think that one is for casual gamers or not. I will say this. Givin the propre skill and right oponent. No, and I MEAN NO, fighting game can be won by button mashing. If you win by button mashing then your oponent stinks. If your oponent beats you by button mashing, then perhaps you better rethink your skill level or else you won't fall for that. I mean no disrespect and I'm not trying to offend anyone. (Sorry Tekken fans Tekken 2 was the best.) It's just that simple.

Lets just settle this peacefully. We'll fight each other on our respected fighting games and then see. I'm sure SC3 will be online. Well that's all I have to say.

:cool:

CRAYMAN
08-04-2004, 10:26 AM
holy crap are you seriou? this thread i still freaking here, and not to mention, brutus still thinks he has an argument?

and who's this crayman guy? isnt he the guy that posted doa is better cause he doesnt have the time to learn combo's in a real fighter....
so he admits sc is a real fighter. Thats all we need. Anything else crayman says is irrelevant, dont bother with him jjax.

Brutus, your name says it all....all brawn (if that) and no brains. I suggest you dont rely on your street smarts to get ahead in life.

Theres nothing i can really add to this debate. Me and jjax covered all the bases.

Now, when this n00b gets live, me and jjax are going to have to own him, take screenshots, and post them inhere. I htink thats the only thing brutus will understand.

SO until im pwning you onlive, brutus, i suggest you keep your ignorant mouth shut, before you feel even dumber about saying everything you said in this thread....:rolleyes:

Your reasoning is as atrocious as your grammar.

JJaX
08-04-2004, 10:40 AM
Now that I didn't know.

It's actually a matter of what your good at. I can't really grasp SC2 fighting system so I end up using the same combos. However with DOA I can push it farther than that. Their all technical. It's just a matter of what you're good at. My friends and I love DOA 3 and all of us have been playing games since young ages. We are just mere graduates but I asure you we know what technicalitys are in a game and the majority of my friends are real picky. But some of us love DOA3 a lot and we've pushed DOA to a point unlike from what I've heard of. Taste and skill is what it's about. YOu can make DOA a technical fighter if you want if you put the effort into it and fight hard tough oponents.

Sorry I don't mean to jump in on this. But I love DOA and regardless if Itagaki said so himself or not there's more to his game than meets the eye. I love all fighting games (except Tekken) and it just doesn't seem logical to bash each others fav. games becuase we think that one is for casual gamers or not. I will say this. Givin the propre skill and right oponent. No, and I MEAN NO, fighting game can be won by button mashing. If you win by button mashing then your oponent stinks. If your oponent beats you by button mashing, then perhaps you better rethink your skill level or else you won't fall for that. I mean no disrespect and I'm not trying to offend anyone. (Sorry Tekken fans Tekken 2 was the best.) It's just that simple.

Lets just settle this peacefully. We'll fight each other on our respected fighting games and then see. I'm sure SC3 will be online. Well that's all I have to say.

Well said.

Its just when people tell me SC is a button masher, than they have the audacity to tell me DOA is a more techinal fighter, i lose my grib.

Pure ignorance....

Anways, Like Jamo said, play the games we like. Just dont tell me DOA requires a lot of skill to play. :rolleyes:

Jamo
08-04-2004, 11:11 AM
Well said.

Its just when people tell me SC is a button masher, than they have the audacity to tell me DOA is a more techinal fighter, i lose my grib.

Pure ignorance....

Anways, Like Jamo said, play the games we like. Just dont tell me DOA requires a lot of skill to play. :rolleyes:

Well that's up to you. You've obviously put more effort into DOA than you know. I've played against some really good fighters in several fighting games. This one guy at a local fighting tournament all the tekken fights, the capcom vs snk 2 fights, the sc2 fights, but stunk real bad at doa. He says he can't grasp the way it plays.

Sure I'll admit that once you learn the combos yea it doesn't require much skill to play. But how far will you go to make sure your one of the best. Will you push yourself to new levels and experiment with combos and grabs. Take them apart, play with them, and mix them up. Or will you just play the game for fun and not take it seriously. I take DOA very seriously and have driven myself mad on trying to beat everyone. For all intensive purposes I succeeded. That's why I love DOA. Out of all the games I've played I'm best at DOA3.

You said it you lose your grip when they say DOA is a more technical fighter tehn SC2. Well I lose my grip when people put down DOA. I also lose it when I see things like this. SC2 or DOA3. This can't happen like I said. Taste and skill. No fighter is any better than the other factualy speaking. It's all opinion based. In other words this thread is pretty much a bust. No point in arguing. It'll just cause trouble. All it has shown is how many people here prefer what fighting game. It proves nothing.

Brutus if your still sround I'll fight you in DOA. If you want to kick someones ass then TRY and kick mine.

All :hail: the fighting game genre.

TheCovenant
08-04-2004, 12:06 PM
Your reasoning is as atrocious as your grammar.

Originally Posted by TheCovenant

SO until im pwning you onlive, brutus, i suggest you keep your ignorant mouth shut, before you feel even dumber about saying everything you said in this thread....

i dont see the atrocity. i few typos here and there, but nothing as bad as ninja scroll. You do know who ninja scroll is right? sides' all yo bring to the table is:

"oh yea!? well you type bad.....LY!"

if thats all you got, then consider yourself ignored.

Soundx seemed to be the only educated gamer in here (along with jjax and myself). He hit it right on the spot.

DOA=Casual gamer's fighter.
SC2=Hardcore gamer's fighter.

Simple as that.

You think we care about physics, or even graphix? hell, the other day i went to go play street fighter 2 turbo for the entire day, just to show poeple that ryu-fake punch/grab thing.

Physics, graphix, story, the hotness of the girls....none matter. AT ALL. What real fighting gamers look for is depth in gameplay, so that a match doesnt go the same way everytime. Ive never seen a game of soul calibur repeated. Where as doa, same tactics over and over again, only difference is they may switch a combo to "high" as opposed to "med".

In soul calibur, a match can go in any direction, so long as the player uses some kind of new strategy.

If you might be losing by a lot, try using the combo that you know will ring em' out. (almost all of Nightmare's cheap tactics apply here).

Depth. it's all we want in a fighting game, and DOA was engineered, purposefully, so that it doesn't require any real skill to play.

Every review has said it. Every fighting gamer has said it. Hell, even good ol' Tomunobu Itagaki has said it. It shouldn't come as such a surprise to anyone, if you just did a little homework, or played fighting games to the hardcore level, then this would be blatantly obvious.

DOAU will be fun. Im not expecting that great a deal from it. I mean, its doa2 with better graphix and online play.

As i said, we dont care about graphix, online play may add some depth, cause you get to see how some poeple use some of the other characters, but its till the same button mashing doa2, and albeit fun, not really enough to satisfy what real fighting gamers crave.

EDIT: Okay, crayman, is that legible enough for you? Now, what new argument do you offer?

(please, make it something relevant :rolleyes:)

Jamo
08-04-2004, 12:11 PM
I know you weren't talking ot me but Do I have to repeat myself? I don't want to start anything But I'll defend DOA to the last.

TheCovenant
08-04-2004, 05:34 PM
I know you weren't talking ot me but Do I have to repeat myself? I don't want to start anything But I'll defend DOA to the last.

who are you?

Jamo
08-04-2004, 11:49 PM
who are you?

I really don't know how to respond to that. :huh: What is it you want to know in specific? Are you being sarcastic or what?

CRAYMAN
08-05-2004, 04:39 PM
i dont see the atrocity. i few typos here and there, but nothing as bad as ninja scroll. You do know who ninja scroll is right? sides' all yo bring to the table is:

"oh yea!? well you type bad.....LY!"
if thats all you got, then consider yourself ignored.

Soundx seemed to be the only educated gamer in here (along with jjax and myself). He hit it right on the spot.
Depth. it's all we want in a fighting game, and DOA was engineered, purposefully, so that it doesn't require any real skill to play.
Every review has said it. Every fighting gamer has said it. Hell, even good ol' Tomunobu Itagaki has said it. It shouldn't come as such a surprise to anyone, if you just did a little homework, or played fighting games to the hardcore level, then this would be blatantly obvious.

As i said, we dont care about graphix, online play may add some depth, cause you get to see how some poeple use some of the other characters, but its till the same button mashing doa2, and albeit fun, not really enough to satisfy what real fighting gamers crave.

EDIT: Okay, crayman, is that legible enough for you? Now, what new argument do you offer?

(please, make it something relevant :rolleyes:)

People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

Or

If you're going to impugn someone, don't cry "foul" when you receive the same treatment.

(What does Ninja Scroll have to do with this? Why criticize him/her?)
I'm not faulting you for a "few typos here and there." That's referring to SPELLING. I'm referring to sentences such as this one: "Me and jjax covered all the bases." Which is obviously improper grammar. Try "JJaX and I covered all the bases."

Your logic/reasoning is "faulty" as well. At your request I will illustrate this also.

Please...don't antagonize me.

TheCovenant
08-06-2004, 05:00 AM
People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

Or

If you're going to impugn someone, don't cry "foul" when you receive the same treatment.

(What does Ninja Scroll have to do with this? Why criticize him/her?)
I'm not faulting you for a "few typos here and there." That's referring to SPELLING. I'm referring to sentences such as this one: "Me and jjax covered all the bases." Which is obviously improper grammar. Try "JJaX and I covered all the bases."

Your logic/reasoning is "faulty" as well. At your request I will illustrate this also.

Please...don't antagonize me.

bwahahahaha!

jjax and I is the correct way...bwahahaha :rofl: :rofl:

yea dude, im sorry for the antagonizing....omg, i cant stop laughing....

haha.

Okay seriously...what does this have to do with doa vs. sc2? that was what i was trying to communicate to you, but apperantly, if im not writing in mlr format, you wont get it...

so here, say it with me....

WHY. IS. DOA. BETTER. QUESTION. MARK.

i say you got nothin'. Nothing but,

"i do beleive the correct manner of speaking, would be to introduce one's companion prior to introducing ones self."

you wanna know why my grammar sucks? even though this is completely irrelevant to the thread, you have induced me with enough laughter that i think I will humor you.

okay, here it goes, this is going to shock you....

BECAUSE NO ONE CARES!

and im going to continue to write pooryly, cause everyone doesn ot care that i said "me and jjax" as opposed to "jjax and I"....

I still cant beleive you posted that....bwahahahaha! :rofl:

Edit: you've been here over a year, and you dont know who ninja scroll is? :rolleyes:

n00b....

JJaX
08-06-2004, 08:08 AM
WHY. IS. DOA. BETTER. QUESTION. MARK.

JJaX raises hand

Ooo OOo Pick me! Pick me!!!!

JJaX Stands up

Becwoz Dead oh Awive is fun for me in my fwiends! We pway it and I win all da time!

JJaX sits down and goes back to doodling dinosaurs

Brutus
08-06-2004, 12:43 PM
Wow. "You leave home for a few days & look what happens..." (Famous words of Cortana)

You guys are deplorable. You say I need to respect a moderator. OK. But how you can say I need to moderate what I say when I'm just meeting & greeting what he says & I think we're having fun. I'm not writing anything that should cause anyone to turn their heads or cry. In fact I like Sick Ducker. The first time I saw it, ON THIS SITE, I laughed, so I "Borrowed" it.

As far as wanting to talk about funny things and slam all you SC guys while you SLam us DOA guys is great fun. I'm down. But don't sit & cry wolf when we're both doing it. That's just dumb. So now that we're done with that, you sick duckers, let's continue this debate! :hump:

CRAYMAN
08-06-2004, 01:43 PM
bwahahahaha!
jjax and I is the correct way...bwahahaha
yea dude, im sorry for the antagonizing....omg, i cant stop laughing....
haha.
Okay seriously...what does this have to do with doa vs. sc2? that was what i was trying to communicate to you, but apperantly, if im not writing in mlr format, you wont get it...you wanna know why my grammar sucks? even though this is completely irrelevant to the thread, you have induced me with enough laughter that i think I will humor you.

okay, here it goes, this is going to shock you....

BECAUSE NO ONE CARES!

and im going to continue to write pooryly, cause everyone doesn ot care that i said "me and jjax" as opposed to "jjax and I"....

I still cant beleive you posted that....bwahahahaha!
Edit: you've been here over a year, and you dont know who ninja scroll is?
n00b.

1. You're right. No one cares if you have poor communication skills. It's simply an indication of your ignorance and lack of education(Don't worry, the world needs ditch diggers too).

2. Your previous post suggests that you do "care."
i dont see the atrocity. i few typos here and there, but nothing as bad as...

3. I don't care either. I merely mentioned it in passing, comparing your reasoning to your grammar.

4. I know of Ninja Scroll.

You guys are deplorable. You say I need to respect a moderator. OK. But how you can say I need to moderate what I say when I'm just meeting & greeting what he says & I think we're having fun. I'm not writing anything that should cause anyone to turn their heads or cry. In fact I like Sick Ducker. The first time I saw it, ON THIS SITE, I laughed, so I "Borrowed" it.

Actually, I disagreed with Casper when he suggested that you should "respect" the moderators and treat them differently. What are you guys, SUPERIORISTS??? :hail:

JJaX didn't ask for any preferential treatment because of his status as a mod. :cool:

Brutus
08-06-2004, 02:15 PM
Oh yeah. Just for the records, the whole reason I started this thread out was because I heard a guy saying that DOA was a button masher & you know, his opinion is his opinion.
My opinion is that I think SC is a button Masher!
In any case, however you dice it up, it turns out that they're both great games. Are any flawed? Yes. Are they both flawed? Yes. Do they both kick Arse? Yes (Although we're subject to our own opinions)
Who's the "Gamer's Choice" ? DOA3; still. After 3 years of staying idle with the same title.
Man. Just wait until DOAU comes out. I probably won't leave my house for like, well, about as long as I won't leave my house for HALO 2!
Ha-ha

TheCovenant
08-06-2004, 06:25 PM
1. You're right. No one cares if you have poor communication skills. It's simply an indication of your ignorance and lack of education(Don't worry, the world needs ditch diggers too).

2. Your previous post suggests that you do "care."

3. I don't care either. I merely mentioned it in passing, comparing your reasoning to your grammar.

4. I know of Ninja Scroll.

Actually, I disagreed with Casper when he suggested that you should "respect" the moderators and treat them differently. What are you guys, SUPERIORISTS??? :hail:

JJaX didn't ask for any preferential treatment because of his status as a mod. :cool:

i even spelled it out for you and you still don't get it. I think you truly are an idiot...

seriously though, you are an idiot. Im not kidding. Let's get that out of the way. now let me ask you one last time, before i just simply ignore your irrelevant posts.

WHY IS DOA BETTER?

and jjax is a mod. just like casper. just like spartan, just like recalimer. You dont want to respect them? fine, see how long you last around here... :rolleyes:

You're wrong, someone does care. You. You're the only poor ignorant bastage who has no knowledge of videogames, yet you post at a xbox fansite:rolleyes:, and then attack my grammar.

Go back to posting at your school site, we dont need you here. You attack my grammar one more time, and not say anything relevant to the thread, i garantee you a temporary ban by the end of the day.

now answere the damn question, you're getting on my nerves.

SPARTAN VI
08-06-2004, 08:10 PM

This is getting personal. You're telling one of my best friends that he's going to be a ditch digger? :mad: Wrong move. Believe it or not, TheCovenant is a wonderful writer, he's going off to a film institute in Hollywood to become a Director/writer. He participated in a poetry contest last year and went to nationals where he placed 2nd. Ditch digger? Absolutely not.

Now, I try to use my best grammar whenever I type. Whether it's for an assignment or a simple post or IM, doesn't matter. Are there others like me? Sure. Are there some that choose not to use proper grammar/spelling? Definitely. It's even more acceptable on the internet, where such terms as "LOL" and "l337 5P34K" debuted. Attacking someone's grammar over the internet is somewhat absurd. Perhapes if you couldn't understand what he/she was saying, it would be acceptable (which is not the case).

You damn well know that you understood everything TheCovenant said. You've detracted from the point of this thread. You've continued to ignore his question and resume on your course of irrelevant flaming. I swear, if you continue to insult one of my best friends, you'll never be welcomed here again.

He shouldn't have to. No one needs to ask for exceptional treatment or respect. You give respect where it is deserved. TheCovenant has done nothing to deserve your insults.

So, if you have nothing to contribute to this thread, then get out. This is has been a somewhat clean debate. Your irrelevant bashing isn't needed and has only wasted my time. Indeed, you've hit a nerve.

One more peep about so-and-so's grammar will earn this thread a nice lock. Use a PM if you have any problems.

JJaX
08-06-2004, 09:17 PM
Oh yeah. Just for the records, the whole reason I started this thread out was because I heard a guy saying that DOA was a button masher & you know, his opinion is his opinion.
My opinion is that I think SC is a button Masher!

DOA is a button masher, Itagaki said it himself.

Everything you have brought to this conversation has been shot down. The only thing you can hold against SC is the mear fact you prefer DOA. Now that's what you call an opinon.

What more is there to discuss?

As far as respect, I dont want respect just because I'm a mod. Infact I was worried people would be false to me by the fact I am a MOD.
Ive been a member of this site since December 2001, and I've put in my work to get my respect.

JJaX
08-06-2004, 09:26 PM
You just quoted yourself spartan....

:huh:

Where am I?

Jamo
08-06-2004, 09:29 PM
ANY FIGHTING GAME CAN BE A BUTTON MASHER IF YOU TURN IT IN TO ONE!!!!! :mad:

Sorry.Sorry sorry. Its just that Whether he said so himself or not the point is that it can be played with expertise. There is no way a button masher stands a chance against someone who knows what to do in a game. That applys to DOA MKDA and SC2!!! All I can do is button mash in SC2 and I win most of the time. Do you know why... because my opponents SUCK!!! In DOA no button masher has ever won against me. Same thing in SC2 except I lose to people who are good at a game.

This is not cool. All this is doing is starting fights and arguments. Save it for LIVE! Then we'll see like I said!

CRAYMAN
08-06-2004, 09:30 PM
This is getting personal. You're telling one of my best friends that he's going to be a ditch digger? :mad: Wrong move. Believe it or not, TheCovenant is a wonderful writer, he's going off to a film institute in Hollywood to become a Director/writer. He participated in a poetry contest last year and went to nationals where he placed 2nd. Ditch digger? Absolutely not.

Now, I try to use my best grammar whenever I type. Whether it's for an assignment or a simple post or IM, doesn't matter. Are there others like me? Sure. Are there some that choose not to use proper grammar/spelling? Definitely. It's even more acceptable on the internet, where such terms as "LOL" and "l337 5P34K" debuted. Attacking someone's grammar over the internet is somewhat absurd. Perhapes if you couldn't understand what he/she was saying, it would be acceptable (which is not the case).

I swear, if you continue to insult one of my best friends, you'll never be welcomed here again.
TheCovenant has done nothing to deserve your insults.
So, if you have nothing to contribute to this thread, then get out. This is has been a somewhat clean debate. Your irrelevant bashing isn't needed and has only wasted my time. Indeed, you've hit a nerve.
One more peep about so-and-so's grammar will earn this thread a nice lock. Use a PM if you have any problems.

Allow me to respond.
Your pal, brought this on himself by insulting me.

and who's this crayman guy? isnt he the guy that posted doa is better cause he doesnt have the time to learn combo's in a real fighter....so he admits sc is a real fighter. Thats all we need. Anything else crayman says is irrelevant, dont bother with him jjax.

And this is another comment by your friend.
Brutus, your name says it all....all brawn (if that) and no brains. I suggest you dont rely on your street smarts to get ahead in life...brutus, i suggest you keep your ignorant mouth shut, before you feel even dumber about saying everything you said in this thread....

And here's a few by a MOD in this same thread.

HOLY ****ING **** MAN! I EXPLAINED MY VIEW OVER AND OVER AND OVER. WHY DO YOU INSIST ON PUTTING WORDS IN MY ****ING MOUTH? DO YOU EVEN READ WHAT I AM POSTING!?!?!?!!?!?! ****!
I HAVE EXPLAINED THAT I ENJOY A TECHINCAL FIGHTER WITH MORE DEPTH. AND I HAVE SUPPORTED THE FACT THAT DOA IS FAR FROM A DEEP FIGHTER WITH MUTIPLE POSTS AND CITED MY SOURCES. ****!
YOU ARE SO DENSE AND STUBBORN IN MAKES ME ****ING SICK!
THIS IS SO ****ING POINTLESS, I HAVE MORE FUN STICKING MY **** IN A LOBSTER TANK THAN TALKING TO YOU. ****!!!!!!1111111

And yet, you see fit to criticize and publicly threaten ME with a ban for my horrifically offensive response that was in essence, "oh yeah, you use improper grammar."

After theCovenant continues to antagonize me, you want to ban ME!

Just let me know who the rest of your friends are in here so that I'll be certain to not defend myself and allow them to insult me at will with no retaliation.

I'll be happy to converse with you via PM's if you send me one.

JJaX
08-06-2004, 09:40 PM
ANY FIGHTING GAME CAN BE A BUTTON MASHER IF YOU TURN IT IN TO ONE!!!!! :mad:

Sorry.Sorry sorry. Its just that Whether he said so himself or not the point is that it can be played with expertise. There is no way a button masher stands a chance against someone who knows what to do in a game. That applys to DOA MKDA and SC2!!! All I can do is button mash in SC2 and I win most of the time. Do you know why... because my opponents SUCK!!! In DOA no button masher has ever won against me. Same thing in SC2 except I lose to people who are good at a game.

This is not cool. All this is doing is starting fights and arguments. Save it for LIVE! Then we'll see like I said!

Very true, but brutus was saying SC2 was a straight up button masher, and lacked depth, as opposed to DOA. Which is the complete opposite.

For a whole page he rambled about how he "owned" an "expert" in SC2 , having little experience.

My point is, DOA lacks the depth SC offers. When a game lacks depth, the range of skill is narrow.
A "button masher" has a higher percentage winning when skill is not required.

Im not saying you cant take DOA to the next level. But it can only be taken so far due to the lack of depth, and the effectiveness of "mashing."

SC2 on the other hand...
A veteren player would give up his fighting career if he lost to a button masher. And anyone whos anyone in SC, knows thats the damn truth.

DOA = Checkers
SC = Chess

And Crayman, if you dont like my post, report it.
I lost my cool. Can you blame me?

I bring valid points to the discussion, and they seemed to be ignored by a certain someone.
These are some of my pet peeves:

- I support what I say with fact and cite my sources, but they are ignored.
- People put words in my mouth.

Jamo
08-06-2004, 10:01 PM
Very true, but brutus was saying SC2 was a straight up button masher, and lacked depth, as opposed to DOA. Which is the complete opposite.

For a whole page he rambled about how he "owned" an "expert" in SC2 , having little experience.

My point is, DOA lacks the depth SC offers. When a game lacks depth, the range of skill is narrow.
A "button masher" has a higher percentage winning when skill is not required.

Im not saying you cant take DOA to the next level. But it can only be taken so far due to the lack of depth, and the effectiveness of "mashing."

SC2 on the other hand...
A veteren player would give up his fighting career if he lost to a button masher. And anyone whos anyone in SC, knows thats the damn truth.

DOA = Checkers
SC = Chess

And Crayman, if you dont like my post, report it.
I lost my cool. Can you blame me?

I bring valid points to the discussion, and they seemed to be ignored by a certain someone.
These are some of my pet peeves:

- I support what I say with fact and cite my sources, but they are ignored.
- People put words in my mouth.

I feel I can talk to you without starting an arguement. Consider this a compliment.

Here I go. (Breaths in) I can't really play SC2. I learned a few combos with a select few people. In tournaments I know the general idea of what to do and can possibly make it to the final to matches or so. Can I win? No. I only used a couple of combos to do this, a few grabs, block. But for lack of better experience I lost to a superior fighter in the game. I like the game yes. But do I enjoy it like I do DOA no. I apologize but I've played DOA so much my friends and I can't consider it a button masher. I've played it too much.

I used to consider other fighters button mashers because the way I play does not involve random buttons or the same combo all the time. Button mashing won't work it's been tried against me and others. In fact (if you'll pardon the way I say this) we consider it an absolute no no if you want to fight to win. My character on DOA has 86 moves total. I know every one of the forward and backward as well as some of my own. It's all a matter of how much time you put into a game. I have not played a hardcore SC fan at his/her own game. I know the people I faced aren't that great. I have played people on DOA around the same skill level as me. We're almost to scared to attack each other. I'm one of the scariest because I'm the most unpredictable. I"ve picked apart ombos and moves and slapped them together to make my own. Reversals aren't easy to come by when we fight. Lets just say that.

Now have you played any hardcore DOA fan people? can't be to sure can you?

Lets face it this could go back and forth. We're all fighters here. No fighting game is better than the other. It's all preference.
Peace :cool:

JJaX
08-06-2004, 10:13 PM
You bring valid points to the table Jamo, and from the looks of it, you know what you are talking about.

I agree, theres a abundant amount of moves in DOA. But respectively, do these moves really vary? Most of the combos have the same results and hit amounts, just slightly altered animations.

And the countering system was far too friendly. Which from what I understand, is being addressed in DOAU.

Jamo
08-06-2004, 10:33 PM
Likewise. You say that moves hardly vary in damage results. True but that's not the point. The point is how can you incorporate these moves to win. There are three levels of reversal high, medium, and low. Now depending on what combo you use may throw them off. However different punches have different speeds and you want to make sure that you hit them however you don't want to do it to much or else they'll know you're going to do it. It's about fooling your oponent. Hitting them with different speed punches and kicks from certain distances. Certain combos start differently. And at least with my character I know I can vary the speed of my combos. Time them to throw you off.

Lets say someone comes at me punching and I'm not to sure what teh next move of the combo is. I can one block it, two counter attack seeing as my characters legs are longer than their arms, three back up and then attack once he/she is finshed, or four gamble on whether I can pick the right reversal. But the thing is I make you think twice about finishing or even starting combos due to the way I fight. True I agree that it is too counter friendly but when you are an expert against expert,... guessing is a BIG mistake! That's why I'm so anxious to fight people taht are experts because other people are to predictable. Also certain characters in DOA are far to predictable. Like Jann Lee. No offence to the Jann Lee fans he's cool but you might want to think twice about using him agains me. Try playing Ayane versus Hayabusa and see how far you and a buddy can push those two! Heh! Christie is also a good one.

The same should apply to all other fighting games. It's all how you play and how much effort you put out. You said Itagaki said that even he said it was a button masher,... then he does not yet realise the potential of his game. And you have to give the game credit, if it weren't for DOA Tecmo wouldn't be here today.

And yes teh reversal system is being taken care of in DOAU.

NomadLLama
08-07-2004, 12:28 AM
Likewise. You say that moves hardly vary in damage results. True but that's not the point. The point is how can you incorporate these moves to win. There are three levels of reversal high, medium, and low. Now depending on what combo you use may throw them off. However different punches have different speeds and you want to make sure that you hit them however you don't want to do it to much or else they'll know you're going to do it. It's about fooling your oponent. Hitting them with different speed punches and kicks from certain distances. Certain combos start differently. And at least with my character I know I can vary the speed of my combos. Time them to throw you off.

Lets say someone comes at me punching and I'm not to sure what teh next move of the combo is. I can one block it, two counter attack seeing as my characters legs are longer than their arms, three back up and then attack once he/she is finshed, or four gamble on whether I can pick the right reversal. But the thing is I make you think twice about finishing or even starting combos due to the way I fight. True I agree that it is too counter friendly but when you are an expert against expert,... guessing is a BIG mistake! That's why I'm so anxious to fight people taht are experts because other people are to predictable. Also certain characters in DOA are far to predictable. Like Jann Lee. No offence to the Jann Lee fans he's cool but you might want to think twice about using him agains me. Try playing Ayane versus Hayabusa and see how far you and a buddy can push those two! Heh! Christie is also a good one.

The same should apply to all other fighting games. It's all how you play and how much effort you put out. You said Itagaki said that even he said it was a button masher,... then he does not yet realise the potential of his game. And you have to give the game credit, if it weren't for DOA Tecmo wouldn't be here today.

extremely well said.

Jann Lee is extremely predictable with many High hits. Gen Fu is predictable with many middle hits.

too bad, the people around me only mash buttons for doa and get owned by me every time. I need to get owned and learn stuff about the game..

SPARTAN VI
08-07-2004, 12:44 AM
Few things. JJax, I didn't quote myself, I was logged on at TheCovenant's computer, he forgot to log on before he posted.

CRAYMAN, as far I know, you're both in the wrong. Him for his snide remark, as well as yours. I never said I'd "ban" you, either. I don't have that clearance. I said you wouldn't be 'welcomed'. TheCovenant and I are just a few members here that stick together. Our entire 'group' of bestfriends visit this site, so word spreads fast. :confused:

Anyway, I'm not about to get into "he-said-she-said", don't care who started it. Just drop it and ignore each other. I've already talked to TheCovenant about what he said and let him know he can't hide behind me when he shoots his mouth.

It wont happen again.

I rock at DOA.

l Maximus l
08-07-2004, 01:55 AM
In that order, I would say SCII. This comes from a die hard MK fan, but, MK: DA was a complete let down to me. Hopefully good things will come out in MK: 6 with the whole new fighting engine.

SCII definately requires some skill. A n00b is no match to an experienced player...not even close. In fact, a n00b wouldn't even be able to get a single hit on a very experienced player...not one.

With DOA3, a n00b could easily get a round of hits on an experienced DOA3 player.

To me, that simple situation with a fighting game speaks the loudest.

Simply said, SCII has far more depth than DOA3. Both are great games, but, depth is extremely important in the fighting game genre. Like JJaX stated, Team Ninja is supposedly addressing this issue with DOA Ultimate.

As for MK: DA, I was sadly disappointed with the game's unacceptable slowdown. It practically ruins the entire game for me. While I really enjoy the new combo system and am very good at the game, the slow down is nothing short from atrocious and simply shouldn't happen if programmed correctly.

Shadow20002
08-07-2004, 03:27 AM
DOA series.

TheCovenant
08-07-2004, 05:53 AM
You bring valid points to the table Jamo, and from the looks of it, you know what you are talking about.

WTF?!?! i better stop skipping over his posts...

I feel I can talk to you without starting an arguement. Consider this a compliment.Here I go. (Breaths in) I can't really play SC2. I learned a few combos with a select few people. In tournaments I know the general idea of what to do and can possibly make it to the final to matches or so. Can I win? No. I only used a couple of combos to do this, a few grabs, block. But for lack of better experience I lost to a superior fighter in the game. I like the game yes. But do I enjoy it like I do DOA no. I apologize but I've played DOA so much my friends and I can't consider it a button masher. I've played it too much.

I used to consider other fighters button mashers because the way I play does not involve random buttons or the same combo all the time. Button mashing won't work it's been tried against me and others. In fact (if you'll pardon the way I say this) we consider it an absolute no no if you want to fight to win. My character on DOA has 86 moves total. I know every one of the forward and backward as well as some of my own. It's all a matter of how much time you put into a game. I have not played a hardcore SC fan at his/her own game. I know the people I faced aren't that great. I have played people on DOA around the same skill level as me. We're almost to scared to attack each other. I'm one of the scariest because I'm the most unpredictable. I"ve picked apart ombos and moves and slapped them together to make my own. Reversals aren't easy to come by when we fight. Lets just say that.

Now have you played any hardcore DOA fan people? can't be to sure can you?

Lets face it this could go back and forth. We're all fighters here. No fighting game is better than the other. It's all preference.
Peace

wtf?? is this guy serious?

Likewise. You say that moves hardly vary in damage results. True but that's not the point. The point is how can you incorporate these moves to win. There are three levels of reversal high, medium, and low. Now depending on what combo you use may throw them off. However different punches have different speeds and you want to make sure that you hit them however you don't want to do it to much or else they'll know you're going to do it. It's about fooling your oponent. Hitting them with different speed punches and kicks from certain distances. Certain combos start differently. And at least with my character I know I can vary the speed of my combos. Time them to throw you off.Lets say someone comes at me punching and I'm not to sure what teh next move of the combo is. I can one block it, two counter attack seeing as my characters legs are longer than their arms, three back up and then attack once he/she is finshed, or four gamble on whether I can pick the right reversal. But the thing is I make you think twice about finishing or even starting combos due to the way I fight. True I agree that it is too counter friendly but when you are an expert against expert,... guessing is a BIG mistake! That's why I'm so anxious to fight people taht are experts because other people are to predictable. Also certain characters in DOA are far to predictable. Like Jann Lee. No offence to the Jann Lee fans he's cool but you might want to think twice about using him agains me. Try playing Ayane versus Hayabusa and see how far you and a buddy can push those two! Heh! Christie is also a good one.

okay. first things first. Jamo. I have have two words for you.

Thank you.
Honestly bro, at the end of both your posts, i sighed, relief. No more ignorant comments, no more irrelevancy, nore more arguing with poeple who dont listen to your side of the argument.

Thank you.

:hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: <-----from thecov, to jamo.

Honestly you do bring a very, very interesting point. The whole, you have never played a very expirienced player at doa3. Which, now that i come to think of it, i havent. everytime someone beats me, it looks like they are mashing buttons better than me, or that luck has simply swayed.

COme to think of it, an expireinced player does keep you edgy. Nervour about blocking up or down, nervous about what attack your gonna do, and if its so obvious that he'll counter.

The game really keeps you on your toes at times, really thinking about your next move. Up until you posted that i really under appreciated DOA, Jamo, you are one smart fellah.

but playing sc2 can also have the same results. Sc2 combos definatly look more impressive (cervantes anyone?), but when you get right down to it, soul calibur seems like a more complex version of doa. We can counter too. We can also grab directionally, and interact with envviroments. We too can keep each other on the edge, debating which move is gonna be to obvious , and foreseeable for a perry.

SO doa, in turn, is a simplified sc2. If you know how to work that system, it can turn out to be a real good fight.

In soul calibur, you can take the system a bit further, however. Yea, the combo's are more elaborate, and the "just-frames" and grab-garantees are add to this. I guess thats why sc is a tournament game and doa is not.

I don tmean to diss doa anymore, but i think im going to dust off my copy of doa3 and play a few rounds with spartan (his hayabusa is unstoppable. as his his hayate....it makes me shudder to even remeber.)

hey Jamo, im really looking forward to learning a few things from you on DOAU.

One more time, thank yu for your educated post...:cool:

Jamo
08-07-2004, 12:56 PM
With DOA3, a n00b could easily get a round of hits on an experienced DOA3 player.

(Holds up his fingfer) But can that noob win. No. I've faced several noobs and yes tehy can at times get a good barrage of hits in. But tha's just me because I take more risks than everyone else. Let me say this. I faced this one noob and he said he'd played the game once before. 40 TO NOTHING! you'd think that after the first ten they'd get at least a round on me. No he didn't. I've won every local fighting tournament in teh DOA sect I've went to and there's no challenge in it for me since I moved away from my friends. I can quite literally beat these guys down with just my right hand on the controler. I'd use my left hand as a head rest. I can't do that against experienced players. I'm serious. Sure I have my bad rounds but who doesn't.

theCovenant. I'm flattered and I hope that you begin to see DOA in a new way. Trust me there's more to the game than meets the eye. I say this once... Any fighting game will feel like a button masher or to simple if you don't put the effort into it. If you feel as though you are experienced at the game and you lose to a button masher, don't bash the game learn from your mistake. Button mashers have no idea what their pressing and no idea what to expect. Find a move or two that'll pull them out of there button masher frenzy and keep doing it until they learn to stop. IF you beat an opponent by button mashing and your opponent says he's one of the best... then he's not he just sucks.

If your still not convinced then once DOAU comes out come find me online and I'll teach you a thing or two about DOA. Beleive me I can. That goes to all of you.
:cool: :cool: :cool:

TheCovenant
08-07-2004, 01:04 PM
Let me say this. I faced this one noob and he said he'd played the game once before. 40 TO NOTHING!

i did that once in soul claibur. My friend put the health to two hundred perccent, and started using mitsurugi and his 300 % sword. (damage percent).

42-0.

hmm. I guess we'll just have to wait and see wont we? DOAU is coming out soon, i hope qwe dont forget about everything that happened in this thread when it comes out...

Jamo
08-07-2004, 01:22 PM
Yes we will. Oh I added you to my buddies list if that's ok. Come October everything will be layed to rest. :cheers:

l Maximus l
08-07-2004, 02:01 PM
(Holds up his fingfer) But can that noob win. No. I've faced several noobs and yes tehy can at times get a good barrage of hits in. But tha's just me because I take more risks than everyone else. Let me say this. I faced this one noob and he said he'd played the game once before. 40 TO NOTHING! you'd think that after the first ten they'd get at least a round on me. No he didn't. I've won every local fighting tournament in teh DOA sect I've went to and there's no challenge in it for me since I moved away from my friends. I can quite literally beat these guys down with just my right hand on the controler. I'd use my left hand as a head rest. I can't do that against experienced players. I'm serious. Sure I have my bad rounds but who doesn't.

I guess I should have elaborated more. No, a n00b cannot win against an experienced player in DOA. However, they will be able to get some seriously decent combos in and actually decrease an experienced member's health bar. I'm not saying that DOA3 is a bad game...it isn't at all, however, I'm just saying that it lacks the depth that SCII does. Like I stated before, a n00b would be extremely lucky to get any successful hit on an experienced player...that's how much depth SCII has to it. That's all I'm trying to say. You can put your finger down...I actually agree with what you're saying.

Jamo
08-07-2004, 02:12 PM
You can put your finger down...I actually agree with what you're saying.

..... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: I just put that there as kind of a "but" thing. However when I play DOA I see no point in going for perfects or as DOA calls the GREAT's. It'll mess me up if I try so I just make sure my oponent goes down first. One thing people have learned about me when they fight me is that I don't care how much they decrease my health bar I still win. I suppose their are other people who try to get perfects. But I see no value in perfects.

I'm not that experienced in SC2 but I imagine that if I tried real hard and if their not careful I'll do some major damage to an experienced player. Win no.

CRAYMAN
08-07-2004, 02:16 PM
JJaX, I merely used your post as an example of a post that was more "intense" than mine.
I have no problem with your post.

Spartan, I appreciate your understanding.

I harbor no ill will towards theCovenant or anyone else here.

I also feel that I've learned a great deal about these two (apparently)great titles from this thread and the "robust" discussions that it inspired.

XBOXAddict is one of the best sites for forum discussions and other information.

Thanks again!

SPARTAN VI
08-07-2004, 06:15 PM
Group... hug...? :watchout:

TheCovenant
08-08-2004, 03:44 AM
JJaX, I merely used your post as an example of a post that was more "intense" than mine.
I have no problem with your post.

Spartan, I appreciate your understanding.

I harbor no ill will towards theCovenant or anyone else here.

I also feel that I've learned a great deal about these two (apparently)great titles from this thread and the "robust" discussions that it inspired.

XBOXAddict is one of the best sites for forum discussions and other information.

Thanks again!

yea dude :cheers:

what other site would you be able to go to and have a discussion that mad eyou want to kill each other, and end up saying...holy crap man! "i agree".

jamo did a good job of pulling this thread together, props.

the only waay proper way to deabte this thread now, is through ganmeplay. we can all say we play expirienced players...but really, by what standard? just caus eyour freied beats all your other friends doesnt make him expirienced, and htis goes both for sc2 and doa.

Of course, for soul calibur 2, i do play with the america team captain, and sc2 worl d champion (ares aka chops.")

im not saying i know him from soem fourm, he is actually my bud. he's 19, but looks like he's 40, and he is really good a t 3d fighters. sc2 and tekken tag. man, he wilol school you at those....

but yea. final words...xba rules.

Jamo
08-08-2004, 12:46 PM
yea dude :cheers:

what other site would you be able to go to and have a discussion that mad eyou want to kill each other, and end up saying...holy crap man! "i agree".

jamo did a good job of pulling this thread together, props.

the only waay proper way to deabte this thread now, is through ganmeplay. we can all say we play expirienced players...but really, by what standard? just caus eyour freied beats all your other friends doesnt make him expirienced, and htis goes both for sc2 and doa.

Of course, for soul calibur 2, i do play with the america team captain, and sc2 worl d champion (ares aka chops.")

im not saying i know him from soem fourm, he is actually my bud. he's 19, but looks like he's 40, and he is really good a t 3d fighters. sc2 and tekken tag. man, he wilol school you at those....

but yea. final words...xba rules.

Brutus
08-09-2004, 02:26 PM
Man. I hadn't realized Itagaki said that. It must have been taken out of text or something.
Remember that my opinion is based from back to the late ninety's & the Dreamcast.
My opinion is that way because at the time I got the one that felt better & was more mesmerizing (Sorry; lack of better words! Ha).
But anyhoo, I liked SCII, but it became our "Button Masher" because that was the one we threw in when everyone was playing. We took DOA2 to the next level though!
DOA3 was like a dream come true for me. Maybe more so for Jamo, but it made my fighting games experience complete!
So like I was saying, you sick duckers, (HHAHAHAH!) I love DOA. But since we're getting on this whole love tunnel syndrome, what the heck... Ahhhh, group hug.
I'll go & take the game as serious as HALO 2.

As we are all saying, "I love you guys, man!" & That's why Xbox Addict is the best!
I had no Idea this thread was going to get so cool. & I even met some other cool guys too. DOAU: It's fun to play together, against the world!

callum
08-09-2004, 02:40 PM
You people are all silly Mortal kombat games are the best ever :D

Darkside
08-09-2004, 02:41 PM
Dude Callum. Your sig is WAY TOO BIG

CRAYMAN
08-09-2004, 03:15 PM
You people are all silly Mortal kombat games are the best ever :D

Yeah!!?/1/1??!!
I can't believe it's not that popular. It received better review marks than DOA3 and SC2 in some magazines.
:confused:

Jamo
08-09-2004, 03:43 PM
There aren't very many MK fans around here I guess. MK being the oldest franchise of the three I'm surprised.

JJaX
08-09-2004, 04:36 PM
Mortal Kombat was great while it was a 2D game.

Once it went to 3D, it sucked.

callum
08-10-2004, 06:44 AM
Dude Callum. Your sig is WAY TOO BIG

Is it ok now?? :cool:

Brutus
08-10-2004, 08:48 AM
Yeah. I thought your sig was awesome in like 1992 or something... LOL

No, actually, I'd like to see them make this series amazing!

If they could somehow integrate it so that it looked better then Tao Feng & play smoother than DOA... That would be one tough feet, but I'd buy that!

SoundX
08-10-2004, 11:30 AM
It's not really that their not that good for me, it's just the fact that there are much better beat 'em ups on the market that I would rather have.

MK lost itself moving into 3D, I bet a Game Boy Advance version would kick ass. A fully 2D one, not a shoddy 3D one they tried out last year.

Jamo
08-10-2004, 12:58 PM
I liked MKDA. I thought it was really cool. But you know me.

Brutus
08-10-2004, 07:16 PM
Hey Jamo. What do you know about DOA4 due out on Microsoft's Xenon. Will it be a launch title?

Jamo
08-10-2004, 07:41 PM
As far as I know it should be released on the Xbox 2 or 'Xenon'. As far as it being a luanch title it is beyond my comprehension at this point in time. But I'd say yes like DOA3. The thing is Team Ninja has some much on their hands right now.

Brutus
08-11-2004, 09:00 AM
Man, with such an early Xenon release date, we're looking at some stellar games in little more than a year! Sweet!
All the developer's are Hush Hush, but Digital Anvil is coming with a Launch Title. I guess I need to dig deeper in the internet. I'll find if Tecmo's releasing anything & I'll bring it back here!

Jamo
08-11-2004, 10:31 AM
I don't think you'll find anytnig so early but go ahead and look. *YAWN* (No sleep last night.)

to change the subject a little I have some killer pictures from DOAU. One is of Ayane at around age... 5 ... 6 maybe. And another picture of Ayame their mother. The point is these pictures and stuff will tie in with DOA:CC from what I heard.

Brutus
08-16-2004, 03:00 PM
to change the subject a little I have some killer pictures from DOAU. One is of Ayane at around age... 5 ... 6 maybe. And another picture of Ayame their mother. The point is these pictures and stuff will tie in with DOA:CC from what I heard.
Bub-Bub-WHAT!?!
You for real! Post em'! :)

Jamo
08-16-2004, 03:13 PM
Go here. I don't know how to post.

http://www.neotaku.com/doalive/screens_advertising.html

Brutus
08-16-2004, 08:39 PM
Go here. I don't know how to post.

http://www.neotaku.com/doalive/screens_advertising.html

:hail:

Holy Schnikeys! I'm way stoked!!!!

I'm with you, man. What's the connection between theirselves as kids & adults? Is it all CG? Multiple story's (CG Movies) for each character while growing up? Will we be able to play with them as kids?!
Man, that's amazing.
What type of Advertising is that... man, whatever it is, the buzz in my ears just got louder!!!! This game is soooo buzz worthy! :)

Jamo
08-23-2004, 10:21 PM
They are special CG's. And what do you mean what's the connection between them as kids? You do knopw that Ayane and Kasumi are half sisters right? From what I've seen of the interview of Itagaki about DOAU they were quite fond of each other back then. But now they hate each other. Why.... we'll find out once DOAU is released.

Back to the debate at hand. I just bought Soul Calibur used for Gamecube. It may not be the Xbox version but I was really stoked about playing it because I wanted to get good at it. (shakes head) I don't know what it is but I can't get into it. I beat it with Link and I just can't get into it. So now my point has been proved on my part. And I was striken with an inevitable fact. Once you've played one 3d fighter a lot. You pretty much can't (AND I MEAN CAN'T) get into any of the others the same way. Don't get me wrong I like it but I don't think I can get into it. (especially not with DOAU around the corner) So I'm probably going to take it back. I really had to use the bathroom when I was trying to make my desicion on what to by so I think I made a terrible mistake as a DOA fan. Like I said PREFERENCE and SKILL. (And no I'm not talking about the fighting game I'm talking about the fighter) you see I find it challenging but it's hard when you keep wanting to use the mobility that DOA has. I'm not talking about the walking and running. I'm talking the way they fight. I can't manipulate them and use them like I can on DOA. Plus I guess I'm just not a fan of the series. And that's another reason why most of you SC people can't get into DOA because you haven't played it like we DOA people have. So what happens. We end up insulting each others fighting games just because we can't get into the other. And that's not right. I found DOA to be very Hard Core. But I can't see that spark in SC2. The point is your first 3D fighter that you own yourself sticks with you. Who agrees with me?

If we can't agree on DOA and SC2 then how about something we can agree on. (I hope) How many people here like Tekken? I know I don't. And I used to until SC came out for DC and then DOA2 later (Which BTW was my first fighter that I owned period)

BTW I give thanx to all those who read my posts and actually payed attention. I don't get that very often apparently. :( And right now I'm having technical difficulties. Not on this comp but my other. And my e-mail quit working so I can't change my password.

Sorry for the long posts.

Brutus
08-24-2004, 09:12 AM
Yeah. Nice post. It's all about the first one, but I'm not sitting here saying that I'm dying for the next Side Scrollin' adventure in Street Fighter. However, if I break out my old Genesis, It is fun to break out & have a good time with.
Hands down, My favorite new age fighter blew away anything from when I was a Playstation Fanboy, too!
The first time I played DOA 2 on Dreamcast I was speechless, & so when I kept on spanking my friends & the computer I couldn't stop playing it. The improved Xbox version only made me crap my pants the first time, but the same effect, even though it is as old as HALO. Those are the only launch titles I'm still playing. & thinking about it that way, HALO 2 & DOAU are both coming out soon.
I quit playing PGR when 2 came out. I know I'll keep playing HALO 1 while 2. I'm sure I'll keep playing DOA3 as well!

But onto your question, JAMO: As far as the cutscenes, I've never played the Sega Saturn DOA or the Playstations. Since they're in DOAU are they going to have the expanded story's in CG's from those games? Will they just spread the story from the sequel (DOA3 errr... four; You know what I mean!)

Yeah, Mine's long too!

SoundX
08-24-2004, 11:54 AM
Back to the debate at hand. I just bought Soul Calibur used for Gamecube. It may not be the Xbox version but I was really stoked about playing it because I wanted to get good at it. (shakes head) I don't know what it is but I can't get into it. I beat it with Link and I just can't get into it. So now my point has been proved on my part. And I was striken with an inevitable fact. Once you've played one 3d fighter a lot. You pretty much can't (AND I MEAN CAN'T) get into any of the others the same way. Don't get me wrong I like it but I don't think I can get into it. (especially not with DOAU around the corner)

I don't agree, I was a big Virtual Fighter and Dead or Alive fan before I got into Soul Calibur 2. I know what you mean though. It could just be that once you play a certain type of game you kind of expect every game of that genre to be of the same standard and style. Kind of like when you've played Halo for the last year and they announce Unreal Championship or something, which is great in it's own right but is nothing like what you expected and wanted it to be.

When I bought SC2 I was at heart a Dead or Alive fan. And that's what I expected, on my first fight I instantly thought. Man this is different, it was at a different pace and required different types of skill to win. I lost alot of my first fights because I tried to pull off lightning quick combos without thinking about what I'm doing. Admitadly, I didn't like it.
But after a month or too I started playing it again and having shook off that DOA expectation I found myself really imersed in it. And thus my love for SC was born.

Jamo
08-24-2004, 11:57 AM
DOAU is the remake of Hardcore from PS2. Note I said remake not port. Which means they built it from scratch. The story is getting an overload as far as I know and many questions will finally be answered. Like the mystery behind Ayanes birth for example. Although I never heard anything about the reason behind their hatred being told. But you know. No we will not get to play them as kids although the thought sounds very... cute as far as the pictures are concerned. And the kid thing as far as I know is only Ayane and Kasumi. Whether it shows other charaters like that I don't know. As for the first ones I've never played them either. But I thinks it's the saturn version no upgrades graphically or gameplay wise. Which unfortunatley measns that I won't be able to use Ayane in the first one being the saturn version. Unless they add her into it like they did the playstation version. They will both be online compatible. And as far as spreading to 3 I doubt it. 4... no that's not set for release until... the next round of consoles. However Code Cronus sas far as I know is still set for Xbox. And I know I'll enjoy that!

Jamo
08-24-2004, 12:00 PM
I don't agree, I was a big Virtual Fighter and Dead or Alive fan before I got into Soul Calibur 2. I know what you mean though. It could just be that once you play a certain type of game you kind of expect every game of that genre to be of the same standard and style. Kind of like when you've played Halo for the last year and they announce Unreal Championship or something, which is great in it's own right but is nothing like what you expected and wanted it to be.

When I bought SC2 I was at heart a Dead or Alive fan. And that's what I expected, on my first fight I instantly thought. Man this is different, it was at a different pace and required different types of skill to win. I lost alot of my first fights because I tried to pull off lightning quick combos without thinking about what I'm doing. Admitadly, I didn't like it.
But after a month or too I started playing it again and having shook off that DOA expectation I found myself really imersed in it. And thus my love for SC was born.

But you are still a DOA fan yes. I still like Soul Calibur 2 but I found that I love DOA much more. So I don't know. I'm trying to get good at a lot of fighters. However it's too late for me. DOA fan to the very end and I'm fine with that. I guess it's just a matter of what type of gamer you are. So should I keep it or get rid of it? SC2? For Gamecube?

SoundX
08-24-2004, 03:49 PM
I have it on the Cube, keep it. It's the best version, I've rented the Xbox one and the controls are actualy harder to use. Gamecube has everything placed very well for games like Soul Calibur 2.

Jamo
08-25-2004, 12:37 PM
I have decided to keep it. I like it a lot. Played it through on normal once then jumped to extremely hard. Dimmed down to ultra hard beat it then back to extremely hard and beat it. Tough as nails! I haven't had a challenge like this since I started playing DOA3 survival on Very Hard. (It comes natural to me now of course on DOA3. No where near as hard as it used to be.) However in playing SC2 I decided to turn it off and play DOA to see if it hindered anything. In doing so I fell in love with DOA all over again! I figured out that there was absolutely no possible way for me to become a SC fan over DOA. I like SC2 a lot. KIlik rox and so does Link. But neither of them match the coup de grace that I have with Ayane. She's the only fighter that comes so naturally for me to use.

Brutus. I will never stop being a bigger fan of DOA so don't worry. I'm doing this to get good at both. I'm pretty sure SC3 will be online even though there is nothing on it now. (You all know it's coming.) The next MK will be online but apparently most of you have lost all trust in Midway. As for DOA it's growing. It's not staying strictyl a fighter series either. It's got the most deep fighting game story line in my book! Well according to character backgrounds it will as far as the Ninjas are concerned. Even the ones that aren't have backgrounds that intertwine with each other. Somehow someway everyone is connected to someone else in the game.

This is my opinion. If you don't think so that's fine. I like all fighting games except Tekken. Remember that. So don't lose your heads.

SoundX
08-25-2004, 03:14 PM
Damn you Brutus, you've brain washed another addict!

Ah well, atleast you hate Tekken. We all hate that with a passion.

Jamo
08-25-2004, 04:35 PM
Damn you Brutus, you've brain washed another addict!

Ah well, atleast you hate Tekken. We all hate that with a passion.

Huh? Excuse me I was a DOA fan long before I new this website existed. And is it such a crime to like DOA more. Brutus had nothing to do with my liking DOA better. I have more fun with it than I do any other fighting game. I was just assuring him I was still a true DOA fan. And lets not discriminate we're all fighters here. :cheers:

Yes I hate Tekken. I haven't liked that junk since Tekken 2. (It was teh only good one in my opinion. Played it with my best friend a lot as kids.)

Brutus
08-25-2004, 05:28 PM
Man, don't get too full of yourself, fella's!! Ha ha.

While we're on the topic of Team Ninja Greatness, I have to splurge on a thought of mine:
Game Engines Have been recycled through all time. FOr example, look at the UNREAL engine that get's re-used for anything & everything that has physics involved.
Put Ninja Gaiden into mind. Think about that killer engine... ONly to be used once?!?!! Maybe twice for a sequel?!!?!? I say no! After Watching KILL BILL Volume 2 for the 5th time last night, I realized that they just have to make that a game license... It's only the best engine for the best movie. & what a story line! You could play from the very beginning to the very end (Instead of flip flopping chapters...) But I'm not a writer, let them do what they want.
They need to make that a game! "TECMO! CALL Quentin Tarrantino!" Er.... Vise versa! I don't care! Someone has to introduce Q.T. & Itagaki

Conchord
08-25-2004, 09:01 PM
Tao Feng!

:)